Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 31st, 2016, 10:19 AM

FilmCriticFrog knows what's in an order marker FilmCriticFrog knows what's in an order marker
Noob heading to Gencon-would love play and advice!

Hello! I'm heading to GenCon to play heroscape for the first time this year! I'll be playing in the main event, and while I dont expect to do well there, I can't wait to have fun! You'll be able to tell me by my Braxas army or my silver necklace. Hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you there and get some advice!
Old July 31st, 2016, 01:22 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Noob heading to Gencon-would love play and advice!

Good luck.

If you are playing Lonewolf, do not fly your Braxas into the middle of his 'trons.

The first GC is always magical.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 31st, 2016, 01:50 PM

FilmCriticFrog knows what's in an order marker FilmCriticFrog knows what's in an order marker

I had gotten some advice earlier, and was told to try an army of Deathreavers, Braxas and Jotun. I was considering nixing two squads of deathreavers for raelin. Thoughts?
Old July 31st, 2016, 01:59 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Anyone considering not running Rats is top notch in my book.

I like your style.

That is not going to be super competitive unless you are really good.

3 vs. the likely full start zones that will oppose you will be tough to overcome I fear.

It will be fun though.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 31st, 2016, 02:22 PM

Well, there's still 2 squads of reavers in there. the original idea was 4x deathreavers.
Old July 31st, 2016, 02:25 PM

Now I hate you.

jk

good luck

- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 1st, 2016, 01:13 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

4x Deathreavers at their first Gencon? Who would do such a thing?

Oh, right, I would.

My army advice is always the same: play something you know well, something you are comfortable with, and an army where you understand the role each figure plays. Don't get sucked into worrying about power rankings and such, especially in a format like the main event where bringing the strongest stuff is somewhat counterproductive.

Looking forward to meeting you, FCF.

Last edited by dok; August 1st, 2016 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Rats x4, Braxas, Jotun is on my list
Old August 1st, 2016, 08:05 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

welcome welcome welcome, new people to GC is aways awesome, you could always sign up for a HS event before and bring your main event army to get your Tourney legs under you just an idea.
No worries, have fun, that is what it is all about, bringing cards you know is great advice. Most of the people you play against are great people there just for fun, I think our crowd has always been a very cool headed group in general. You will enjoy it, I will be the really shy guy in the corner not talking with anybody - or not.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old August 12th, 2016, 11:07 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Heh, Hendal, you are not shy.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion