Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 1st, 2015, 12:03 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Mezzodemon Warmongers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'd attribute the change in wording to a change in design team from top to bottom. Hasbro handed Heroscape off to Wizards for all the D&D stuff and I'm guessing they put their own people on the project. Maybe Grungebob would know for certain. It is odd how the wording is so different, you would think even the new crew working on it would want to follow the established precedent.
This is what I thought, and as House Judge said to the player.

The funny thing is is that to my knowledge only the Mezzodemons do this and even other figures in the same series use more uniform language. It's like a new designer slipped and used language logic from a different game.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old April 3rd, 2016, 04:53 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Raw text:
Quote:
POISON CLOUD
When a Mezzodemon Warmonger attacks a Common figure, add 1 to its Attack value.

EXOSKELETON
At the start of the game, place 1 copper Exoskeleton marker on a Mezzodemon Warmongers Army Card for each Mezzodemon Warmonger figure in your Army. After a Mezzodemon Warmonger rolls defense dice against a normal attack, you may remove 1 Exoskeleton marker from its Army Card to ignore all wounds inflicted by that attack
Custom Tech Talk Commentary:
1 ) When a {FULLNAME} attacks, (Not “If” or “Each time”; not "When attacking")
2 ) Common figure (Rarities are capitalized)
3 ) … add 1 to its …
4 ) Attack value (Attack and other values are capitalized; “value” is written after the capitalized value name)
5 ) At the start of the game,
6 ) place 1 … marker … for each …{figure}
7 ) figure in your Army (capitalization)
8 ) {color} {CapitalizedMarkerName} marker (marker colors are defined, marker names are capitalized)
9 ) place # … marker on a {FULLNAME} Army Card (no apostrophe; Army Card is capitalized)
10 ) After …. rolls defense dice against a … attack,
11 ) you may remove 1 … marker from its Army Card (different from #8, placing markers; again Army Card is capitalized)
12 ) to ignore all wounds inflicted by that attack. (“ignore” and not “negate” or “prevent”; “wounds” and not “damage”; just “wounds” and not “wound markers” or “Wound markers”; wounds are lowercased; “inflicted” and not “dealt” or “placed”)
13 ) by that attack (“that” and not “the” or “this”; just “attack” and not “normal attack” on the repeat.)
Questions Answered:
Are Common, Uncommon, and Unique capitalized within special power text? YES
Are Range, Move, Attack, and Defense capitalized within special power text? YES
Is it Attack value, Attack number, or just Attack? Attack value
Is Army capitalized when referenced within special power text? YES
Are special markers colored? YES
Are special markers capitalized within special power text? YES
Is Army Card capitalized within special power text? YES
Do you ignore wounds or prevent wounds? Ignore
Is damaged inflicted or dealt? Inflicted
Is it this attack, that attack, or the attack? That attack

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; April 3rd, 2016 at 05:12 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 02:04 AM

FilmCriticFrog knows what's in an order marker FilmCriticFrog knows what's in an order marker

OK, heres a stupid question: lets say I wanna use nothing but mezzodemons in a tag tournament (assume both me and my partner are using mezzodemons). Can we use each other's exoskeleton counters?
Old June 3rd, 2017, 05:23 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmCriticFrog View Post
OK, heres a stupid question: lets say I wanna use nothing but mezzodemons in a tag tournament (assume both me and my partner are using mezzodemons). Can we use each other's exoskeleton counters?
Depends on if you each have your own army or are just using two sets of Order Markers with a single army. Unless you are sharing the same pool of Army Cards, no you cannot use teammates' exoskeleton counters since their source is a single Army Card. Unless anyone else can correct me I think that's how it works.

Quote:
EXOSKELETON
At the start of the game, place 1 copper Exoskeleton marker on a [single] Mezzodemon Warmongers Army Card for each Mezzodemon Warmonger figure in your [and only yours] Army. After a Mezzodemon Warmonger rolls defense dice against a normal attack, you may remove 1 Exoskeleton marker from its [not other players'] Army Card to ignore all wounds inflicted by that attack
~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 4th, 2017, 04:35 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Among my favorite units- Specifically when it comes to games incorporating customs.

With morgoloth/Wolves, they become fierce and can establish early game dominance, with the pups providing a special attack and morgoloth being able to clear house. Even in general though the mezzos just feel right and can obliterate melee common squads like few other units. Their weakness to special attacking uniques is evident and essential, but with the right support or facing the right unit they are an imposing force.
Old March 16th, 2018, 01:53 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What are people's feelings on letting Mezzodemons die if multiple attacks can be leveled against one? What if letting a Mezzodemon die would mean you cannot make 2 attacks with your Mezzodemons on the following turn?

Scenarios: A full health Fen Hydra destroys a Mezzodemon on its first attack. A gaggle of Gladiatrons surround a single Mezzodemon and Blastatrons are poised to make 4 attacks of 4+ on it. A single Mezzodemon is surrounded by 7 attack MacDirk Highlanders.

I tend to lean towards letting my Mezzodemons die in scenarios like these, even if it means I cannot attack with 2 Mezzodemons on the following turn. Other players have criticized me for this tactic.

What does the community think about strategic Mezzodemon deaths?
Old March 16th, 2018, 02:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd rather lose the board positioning granted by the 1 figure than 4 markers in one OM. I haven't used them in quite a while but I believe I still moved them up in mass though, not just two with the rest in the start zone. Thus I usually can still get 2 attacks on the next turn anyway. Having a bunch of figures on the front line that can take a hit and not die can make a pretty effective screen.
Old March 16th, 2018, 02:14 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think that it makes strategic sense, as otherwise you're only going to expend even more markers. By letting your Mezzodemon die, you can save those markers for the future, instead of very likely expending four of them immediately. Of course, this isn't ideal, but I think that it's a perfectly valid choice.
Old March 16th, 2018, 05:12 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Agreed. I play the mezzodemons pretty competitively, and that is one of their strongest strategic points that if an opponent tries to max out attacks on a single figure you simply destroy them to save your exoskeletons. Honestly that’s what makes opponents frustrated is when they realize they still have to burn through all those markers. It’s a very stretgixally sound decision. The hard part is when you defend the first two or three attacks and they only have one or two attacks left and then you have to decide whether not to still burn the figure or just eat in marker. For me if they’ve got 4 attacks on me and I defend the first two I’d rather keep my position and burn two markers on the next attacks rather than kill the figure after I’ve already defended with it twice

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 17th, 2018, 06:48 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Ive burned through my opponents exoskeleton markers with hydra attacks before. If it was me id let the guy die and move the rest to my other demons.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 18th, 2018, 02:56 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Agreed. Unless the position is incredibly important, you're better off killing a 'demon rather than burning through more than a couple markers. As noted, this is also why it's important to be able to reinforce a position, rather than move out a single squad and have to wait for the next group to come all the way from your start zone (this applies to more than just Mezzos).

*bangs gavel*

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 1st, 2023, 05:06 PM

White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker

I actually almost brought

Nilfheim
Mezzo Demons x5

To our recent tournament for 510 points restricted list
It’s really good and covers most of your needs. I normally pair a Fen Hydra with them but for the point total I liked Nilfheim with them.

Tournament Record: Solo 83-21 Team 7-5

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units