Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Notices

Old November 8th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

My favorite shows in no particular order (except for Futurama being tops):

Futurama
Legends of Tomorrow
Rick and Morty
Game of Thrones
Bojack Horseman
Twin Peaks
Community
Buffy/Angel
The Good Place

I think Fargo would also be a candidate, but I've only seen the first season. Really great show, though.
Old November 8th, 2018, 05:13 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

Futurama
Legends of Tomorrow
Rick and Morty
Game of Thrones
Bojack Horseman
Twin Peaks
Community
Buffy/Angel
The Good Place

I think Fargo would also be a candidate, but I've only seen the first season. Really great show, though.
I’m honestly surprised you’re the only other one who’s mentioned Twin Peaks.
Even if I found the 3rd season a tad disappointing, it’s still one of the most fun and engaging shows out there, in my opinion.
Old November 8th, 2018, 05:16 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:

Futurama
Legends of Tomorrow
Rick and Morty
Game of Thrones
Bojack Horseman
Twin Peaks
Community
Buffy/Angel
The Good Place

I’m honestly surprised you’re the only other one who’s mentioned Twin Peaks.
Even if I found the 3rd season a tad disappointing, it’s still one of the most fun and engaging shows out there, in my opinion.
I haven't seen the revival episodes yet. Watched through the original show when I was in high school and really dug it, though. I've been thinking about rewatching it and picking up the new stuff once I get through the original run.
Old November 8th, 2018, 05:21 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

It's hard to narrow down a top 10 tv shows list, I'm going to limit my list to 1 hour dramas rather then try and compare 1/2 hour comedies (Seinfeld would be at or near the top of that list), cartoons (Earth's Mightiest Heroes was just awesome on so many levels), or reality TV (I watch a lot of Pickers, Pawn Stars, Forged in Fire, etc.) to the 1 hour shows I love. They just scratch very different itches for me and are not comparable. The top 5 are pretty easy, then the next 5 are a bit harder to lock in on.

Top 5
Rome, The Wire, Firefly, Vikings, Breaking Bad

Next 5
Daredevil, Ozarks, Orphan Black, Stranger Things, The Man in the High Castle

First 5 Out
Game of Thrones (if the show had been my only insight to this world it would be in the top 5 or 10, but long before HBO announced they would be making the show I had read all the available books in this series so I can't help but knock it down a peg for lifting word for word and scene for scene all the best parts of the show from the books while some of the weakest parts of the show are the parts HBO made up on their own and didn't happen in the books)

The Shield (the last season was a big let down otherwise it would have made the cut)

The Sopranos (loved the first few seasons and most of the shows on my top 10 list own this show a debt of gratitude for blazing the way, but I feel the show lost it's way sometime after the Russian they tried to kill in the snow never showed back up.

Sons of Anarchy (started out really strongly, but in later seasons I have a few issues with some decisions made in the story)

Deadwood (show ended without a proper final season/movie, but they are talking about filming one again so maybe one day it'll get done)

Honorable Mention
Band of Brothers is top 5 material, but it's technically a mini-series since it was never intended to have a season 2 so I left it off my list of top shows.

Justified (pretty good show that I enjoyed and wanted to give a shout out too, but just not on the same level as those above)

Seal Team (season 2 has been really good so far, been better than Six if you only have time for 1 seal team based tv show)
Old November 8th, 2018, 05:32 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The Shield was another good one I really enjoyed. Orphan Black had a solid start and decent ending but the next to last season sort of knocked it down for me.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 8th, 2018, 05:51 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I haven't seen the revival episodes yet. Watched through the original show when I was in high school and really dug it, though. I've been thinking about rewatching it and picking up the new stuff once I get through the original run.
I’d say go for it, I think the series holds up pretty darn well. Just don’t skip the movie in between, it’s kind of essential to the lore.

Twin Peaks: The Return isn’t bad by any means. It’s very intelligent television, and more Lynch content is always good in my eyes. I just wouldn’t go in expecting the same show as S1 and S2, becasue that’s not what it is. I wanted more of the original show, so I was a bit disappointed.

If you ever get a chance, I reccomend the game Deadly Premonition. It’s a fun little gem that sets out to capture the tone of Twin Peaks. Hardly perfect, but I like it a lot.
Old November 8th, 2018, 06:18 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
While I also like Firefly, I think we would've been collectively disappointed by season 2.

~Dysole, who's talked about this extensively with some friends
I totally agree with this. Firefly was my first binge, back when Hulu was fully free. I remember getting to the end and thinking, yeah, I'd like more, but that was good what they had. And Serenity was an appropriate cherry on top.

I had a similar feeling about Arrested Development, and the eventual continuation of that show validated me, I think.
Yeah Whedon is unproven in developing characters and series.
Think how much better Buffy, Angel and Agents of Shield would have been if they were just a half season followed by a movie.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 8th, 2018, 08:42 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

In an epoch that is not part of the collective memory of now, there is an age where civilization has struggled and arose from the ashes of strife. This is where exalted champions strode the land and that fragile line between survival and fatality was but a mere stout arm or deft mind away. Here, there is no leeway in life. Here, you choose. Heroes or Dead.
Old November 8th, 2018, 10:48 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
In an epoch that is not part of the collective memory of now, there is an age where civilization has struggled and arose from the ashes of strife. This is where exalted champions strode the land and that fragile line between survival and fatality was but a mere stout arm or deft mind away. Here, there is no leeway in life. Here, you choose. Heroes or Dead.
Is that your RPG? Ready to release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 9th, 2018, 06:42 AM

Getting closer.
Old November 9th, 2018, 08:22 AM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

For anyone who's not averse to reading subtitles (or who understands Korean I guess) I can highly recommend the following three shows:

The Genius
Crime Scene
Please Take Care Of My Refrigerator
Old November 9th, 2018, 08:25 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualizium View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I have zero overlap with anyone.
Is the Spider-man: TAS you listed the 90s one? I'm usually too indecisive to make top 10 lists of anything but that would be a definite contender for mine.
Yep, the 90s one. Bloody awesome if you ask me - was my favourite cartoon for a long time, but the 2003 Turtles and Gargoyles really are pretty special.
90s Spider-man definitely belongs in my top 100. I might rank it higher if I'm ever able to watch through the whole run in order. I only have childhood memories of spotty watching to go off of for now, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
To quell Bats' curiosity, Westworld came out of nowhere for me. I never thought Game of Thrones and Walking Dead would be dethroned, but Westworld shocked me when it dropped two years ago. Every corner is a surprise, a new fold in the mystery, and forceful thinking about impossible or unfathomable concepts. I'm frequently in awe while watching it. Jaw dropped, can't bring it up, brain trying to digest things it's never thought about before. Simply remarkable.
I've not seen Westworld, but when it inevitably becomes available on a streaming service for me, I'll check it out. The rest of your top 4 was similar enough to my tastes for me to be interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
My current top ten TV shows I've seen (frequently subject to change):

4. Battlestar Galactica
Yeah, love that 1970s style!
By your command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Young Justice and Phineas and Ferb are great choices as well. I too watch a lot of kids shows but I have an 11 year old.
I'm pretty sure Young Justice made my top 15 (I think I have it higher than Batman:TAS even). Being only two seasons hurts it. If I end up being able to watch (and love) the third season that might bump it up the list.

Quote:

Futurama
Legends of Tomorrow
Rick and Morty
Game of Thrones
Bojack Horseman
Twin Peaks
Community
Buffy/Angel
The Good Place
Most of these make my top 100 of all time. The bolded ones are ones I particularly like. Futurama, to me, has the best final episode of any show I've watched all the way through. Maybe best final season for that matter (the Zoidberg episode near the end is great too).

The Good Place is an up and comer. I can't recall another show being so bold about completely changing up their formula with such frequency. They really keep you on your toes and I love that. My experience with shows like Lost have me wanting to wait to see how it ends before I crown it with top ten status, though. But if it keeps it up the way it's gone so far, it'll be a shoe-in.

Edit: I should mention, the funeral scene in the last season of Bojack Horseman has to be in my running for best single episode of a show that I've seen. Though something like Game of Thrones probably has three or four entries in that category.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape