Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 4th, 2024, 10:31 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!

Last edited by kolakoski; Yesterday at 10:18 AM.
Old May 5th, 2024, 12:07 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"The Ultimate Nullifier--in the hands of a human?"
--Galactus, first appearance in Fantastic Four
Old May 9th, 2024, 11:15 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Session Report: Taeblewalker's City Streets

We had a great time playing two Supers games yesterday on TW's official C3G map City Streets from years ago, which he had never actually played on until now. We really enjoyed it, and I recommend taking a look at it in the Customs section.

As we were gathering, we discussed C3G2.0, which we know little about, since this was the first Supers game we've done in a while. Sherman Davies said its a whole new rules system. None of us want to deal with it for now, since we like Marvelscape as it is. We did have to review some rules here and there this time around.

We also discussed what we expected from Renegade's Age of Annihilation Heroscape Revival, which will put out Wave 2 for Preorder next month. It looks like one of us found a sale on their unpainted figures and preordered some, and another is considering it. I'm not buying any of it yet, since I'm hoping they eventually put out figure/card sets of painted figures without any of the old terrain, of which I own I plenty. All of us are old players in a similar situation. Of course I have proxies I've been using since the Haslab Offering days.

Game 1

When we started rolling to choose armies, we looked at the six armies. There were three for each side (Good and Evil) and each side had 9 cards. I got last choice, and ended up with Annihilus and his Arthrian Invader Minions, the only card I'd never seen before. I had a lot of fun with these cards.

First I moved the Invaders quickly from the main street end to the asphalt "driveway" in front of the Marvel Building to block the heroes from attacking its breakable wall section. I flew Annihilus himself up to the building roof, so I could snipe down with his Cosmic Control Red at anyone attacking that wall. Two of my goons attacked The Thing who came down the street, being the strongest of the Good Guys. I then had incredible luck. My two die rolls were good, and Ben Grimm whiffed twice, losing all of his life points except for one! He was soon finished off by an ally, and suddenly the Good Guys' best hope was gone in a flash!

Lizard and others scurried quickly along along the top of the north wall to start another front way back in the Goodies start zone in the park, and took out Firestar before she had left the park at all.

The biggest threat to us were several Goodies advancing along the south wall, including Invisible Woman. Thrasher Darkrai with Dr. Doom took over The Human Torch and went Nova with him. This hurt other Goodies and depowered the Torch himself--a brilliant maneuver.

Although the game seemed pretty one sided in favor of us Baddies, the turns were very long, what with six armies, looking up a few rules, take that table talk, and etc. so that when the game ended it had taken more real time that the four or so rounds the game actually took to play out. Iron Man fell, and soon Captain America was the last strong hero left. The Marvel Factory Building had only taken 3 of its 4 hits (Destructible Object with 4 Defense and 4 Life), and so the Goodies never even got inside to threaten the Evil Machine!

We took a break for food, deciding to use the same rules again to choose armies for the second game.

Game 2

I rolled second to last choice this time, but still got just want I'd wanted: Avengers Iron Man and Cap. Using what I'd learned from Game One, I flew IM up the South Wall and Cap climbed up the nearest ladder behind him. Although I was joined up there by allies, Iron Man could make no impression against Doombot, and to two of his four hits. Likewise Cap was unable to do any damage after IM fell. Finally trying his luck at a shield throw, it bounced off both Annihilus and Dr. Doom doing no damage, although I did take out an Invader blocking Iceman down below in the street. Then Annihilus, from the Southwest wall on the other side of the Factory, took out my Cap with is Cosmic Control Rod.

Back down in the park, the Lizard ran ahead and took out Firestar, once again before she could get out of the city park. And he regenerated some of his wounds too. The Thing was tied down by Invaders and Greenscale squaddies for quite a while. Our own Human Torch, up where I was, attacked once before going Nova, but was taken out right afterwards, so he never got to go Nova at all this time.

Post Mortem

We all loved the map and the scenario, but decided that the Bad Guys were too much stronger due to bonding than the Good Guys. Once again only a few Swamp Water hexes had snaked out from the factory towards the sewer before the game ended. Also having the experience of many versions of the Fantastic Four in the past, several of us were not impressed by these C3G versions. So if we play this again, we'd have to power up the Goods or power down the Bads.

We chose a tentative date for Sherman Davies' game next month, which later morphed into Wed. June 26. It will be loosely based on the old kids game Chinese Checkers, which I played often way back in the day. We'll have to build and send our armies to SD ahead of time for approval. The idea will be that the most partial score points that end up in another players start zones after a set number of rounds will win. Delta VC point values will be used, and it will be a team game with partial card scoring.

Some photos were taken of these games, which should show up here, along with some of our previous game as well. Stand by for them.

TW and I hadn't seen each other in a while, so when the others left, the two of us repaired to the local coffee shop for dinner and a general catch up. He's doing well with several Choose Your Own Adventure Games for a small publisher, and even gets paid for them.

Last edited by chas; Today at 08:23 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion