Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old April 19th, 2011, 10:12 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Heroscapers Pokemon Tourney thread

I'd be game. Would we be auto-leveling to 50 or 100 so as to keep it fair for people who don't have time to get 12 poke's to 100, or even 50?
Old April 19th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
As for the 12 pokemon idea-That actually lends support to just using flat battle. It takes away the problems of raising everything to level 100 and the problem of swapping out teams. You keep the essential concept of not sticking with a fixed team every battle.

Also, both to compensate for the limited number of pokemon in flat battle (If we choose to use that) and to make Hax less of an annoyance, I propose we make all of the tourney battles best out of 3.
Best 2-out-of-3 would work well with Flat Battle I think. Also, I think we should just use the 6 Pokemon that we have in our party if we're doing Flat Battle. We'll be using just 3 Pokemon in a Flat Battle, meaning we'll have more than a few combinations of Pokemon to use for each battle.
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

What's the level range? I might join depends on if I have enough pokemon.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old April 20th, 2011, 02:32 AM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
As for the 12 pokemon idea-That actually lends support to just using flat battle. It takes away the problems of raising everything to level 100 and the problem of swapping out teams. You keep the essential concept of not sticking with a fixed team every battle.

Also, both to compensate for the limited number of pokemon in flat battle (If we choose to use that) and to make Hax less of an annoyance, I propose we make all of the tourney battles best out of 3.
Best 2-out-of-3 would work well with Flat Battle I think. Also, I think we should just use the 6 Pokemon that we have in our party if we're doing Flat Battle. We'll be using just 3 Pokemon in a Flat Battle, meaning we'll have more than a few combinations of Pokemon to use for each battle.
Yes, that is pretty much what I was thinking. Added to the OP.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old April 20th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
What's the level range? I might join depends on if I have enough pokemon.
If we're doing Flat Battle, then everything will be at level 50. However, levels WILL NOT be bumped up, so make sure all your participating 'mons are AT LEAST 50. You can train them some more if you want, but whatever EVs they have (or had) at level 50 is what will influence their stats in the tourney.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 11:30 AM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would like to point out that a ONE DAY tourney is not likely. I say give people two or three days to finish a match, because some people have to work weekends. It might take a little longer, but you might get more people to join. Just set May 7th as the start date.

I think I should be able to train up my pokes 1, 1, 1, 6, 4, and 5 levels by then. That's only 18 levels.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 04:12 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
I would like to point out that a ONE DAY tourney is not likely. I say give people two or three days to finish a match, because some people have to work weekends. It might take a little longer, but you might get more people to join. Just set May 7th as the start date.

I think I should be able to train up my pokes 1, 1, 1, 6, 4, and 5 levels by then. That's only 18 levels.
Then it would be impossible for me to ever join a tourney if this happens. I'm lucky to go to the library once a week, even if I get to go. And your idea even sounds more reasonable than a one day tourney, so .
Old April 22nd, 2011, 05:31 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think we tried that once and it kind of fizzled out
Old April 22nd, 2011, 06:18 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
I think we tried that once and it kind of fizzled out
This is true; I remember how the first tourney here kind of failed. This was due mostly to A) not having a set time for the tourney to take place, leading to scheduling issues, and B) people like me who needed to train like 80 Pokemon for it >.>

This is probably solved this time around because A) there's a set date for people to expect and B) there's enough advance warning to prepare. I wouldn't be surprised if we finished this time around.

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 06:33 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Would people get mad if I used a dragonair and a tyranitar? Would that be considered cheap? I'm new to the world of competitive battling.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old April 22nd, 2011, 06:41 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
Would people get mad if I used a dragonair and a tyranitar? Would that be considered cheap? I'm new to the world of competitive battling.
It's not a problem- Dragonair isn't a fully evolved Pokemon and Tyranitar, while powerful, still is weak to a lot of types and is somewhat slow. Both are fair to use.

Dragonite, if you choose to evolve it, is in the same boat as Tyranitar, since it's classified as a pseudo-legend. It's powerful, yes, but it has its weak points (namely, weakness to Ice).

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old April 24th, 2011, 01:05 AM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

So, tourney is staying a one-day thing, correct?

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games