Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old February 9th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Sonya Esenwein

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
It's almost always better to go for Cyprien. If you go for Sonya first, you're forcing yourself to go through 2 extra life, and Cyprien is undoubtably doing serious damage (and possibly healing) while you're attacking Sonya.

If for some crazy reason Sonya already has two wounds, and Cyprien has none, then yeah, maybe go for Sonya. But why does she have those wounds in the first place? (Perhaps she was the only one in range before.)

She only boosts chilling touch by .6 wounds on average. (That's misleading,of course, because she's also tripling the chance he deals 6 wounds (from 5% to 15%).) Still, I'd rather have the extra shots on Cyprien almost every time.
I would definitely have to agree with Fomox on this point. Unless Sonya is an easy kill (i.e. has been wounded already or it isn't out of your way to take a shot/attack at her) I would target Cyprien every time. It really is a win/win for you to try to take out Cyprien since his death hurts Sonya anyway.
Of course its always fun when sonya already has a wound and when you kill Cyprien off her heartbreak kills her too .

How did I get a wound on Sonya you ask?
Wound Glyph of Wannok ftw!

~Zealot

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old February 9th, 2009, 04:22 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Is there anyone here that really uses Sonya aggresively with Cyprien? In most games I've seen, she is more of a cheerleader and then comes out and tries to recover a couple lives after Cyprien dies. I think Cyprien is a much better use of an order marker than Sonya, and can't imagine putting a marker on her when I could do something with Cyprien.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 9th, 2009, 04:39 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Is there anyone here that really uses Sonya aggresively with Cyprien? In most games I've seen, she is more of a cheerleader and then comes out and tries to recover a couple lives after Cyprien dies. I think Cyprien is a much better use of an order marker than Sonya, and can't imagine putting a marker on her when I could do something with Cyprien.
I was just thinking about that as well. Might be nice to grab a glyph with her, then move Cyprien out. They can spend time attacking her while Cyprien attacks, or they can concede the glyph.

I guess this assumes that you don't have a better glyph grabber...
Old February 9th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Hear that...

Thats the sound of no-one disaggreeing with you.

Jokes aside...
I think that Sonya makes a useful offensive figure or glyph grabber if you happen to have Ornak in your army, simply because you can activate her in addition to Cyprien or some other Utgar hero on turn marker 1.
Usually though, If I'm using Ornak with the Vampires I'm going to be more inclined to activate Marcu who has more life, move, and attack than his undead sister in law. So essentially yes; she is meant to be a cheerleader unit for Cyprien whereas Iskra, the Rechets, and Marcu are meant to actually "fight" alongside him.

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old March 24th, 2011, 08:43 PM

Siggurd The Frost Giant is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

i love them both an cyprien is my 3rd favourite figure!!!
Old May 8th, 2011, 03:07 PM

ladidadi.davis Woo who?

I'd pay the 5 extra points to have her and the hubby be a clean 200. Anyway, I played a game with my friend and Cyprien flies across the stage like a bat out of hell cutting down or chilling anything he gets near (although I was mostly against soulborgs >.>) Sonya stayed in the starting zone just kind of hanging out as a cheerleader. Cyprien kicked it and Sonya dropped down to one health. She then flew out more or less as a suicide attacker at this point. She ended up killing a squadling then Kelda getting back up to full health.

Moral of the story, if my friend didn't play a soulborg army every dang time, I would play these lovebirds a lot.
Old July 27th, 2012, 03:38 PM

buckeyefan837 is surprisingly tart

Does her eternal strength work for Cyprien after she dies? Sorry if someone already asked this question.
Old July 27th, 2012, 04:19 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan837 View Post
Does her eternal strength work for Cyprien after she dies? Sorry if someone already asked this question.
Nope, no special powers do unless specified on the card. (i.e. Finn and Thorgrimm's viking spirits)

Wright State Raider since 2014.
Trade List 8/15/14
Sculpt Polls!
Old April 6th, 2015, 07:29 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sonya Esenwein
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old June 8th, 2022, 02:27 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Here's her missing army card (via the Wayback Machine):

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 8th, 2022, 06:44 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Here's her missing army card (via the Wayback Machine):

As with Syvarris, both cards are showing up fine for me
Old June 15th, 2022, 11:18 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
As with Syvarris, both cards are showing up fine for me
That's weird... now they show up for me too. Sorry, in the future I'll try to remember that missing cards may not actually be missing.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units