Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 14th, 2021, 12:36 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Doctor Doom (Sorcerer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Sure, but do the algebra: that doesn’t answer whether swapping = modification or not.
For sure, I was more just ruminating.

By the logic that was used during the re-roll debate, re-rolls don't count as modification, because they are not adding/subtracting dice, adding/subtracting auto-skulls, etc. They are merely allowing you to achieve a result that was always possible, through the method of giving you a second chance at rolling the dice.

By that logic, I do think swaps fall under the same category as re-rolls, and would not be 'modifying.'
Old December 14th, 2021, 03:48 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'd rule that re-rolls are modifying a roll too.

I see the semantic argument about how allowing a re-roll isn't modifying the SA. But you're absolutely for sure changing the actual roll.
Old December 15th, 2021, 01:51 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

I see the semantic argument about how allowing a re-roll isn't modifying the SA. But you're absolutely for sure changing the actual roll.
I agreed with you back then, but that was definitely the line we drew in the sand when it came to soft-breaking the "SAs can't be modified" rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Yeah, I can see the logic there. I’m guessing we’d extend that same logic to D20 rolls as well? So stuff like Lodin and Sage can’t mess with SA D20 rolls but Constantine can? B5 is kind of a weird corner case, just cause his power kind of operates on a “higher level” than other D20 modifiers.
Yeah, that's how I see it. He's not adding/subtracting from the roll, he's just forcing you to redo it.
(And yeah, the standard argument about "powers can always break rules.")
Old December 16th, 2021, 11:30 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

I agreed with you back then, but that was definitely the line we drew in the sand when it came to soft-breaking the "SAs can't be modified" rule.
Adding dice to SAs gets real messy real quick. They're balanced around a certain number of dice used, and then there are some that give you a dice pool to roll with multiple times. Doesn't work cleanly. Rerolls don't change the actual mechanics of SAs, just gives you a do-over. So even though you're totally changing the roll, you're not modifying the SA itself, or changing how it works. If that makes sense.
Old December 16th, 2021, 11:43 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Because of the hard "no modifying special attacks rule," I'll agree that a reroll isn't "modifying" and that we've firmly established that precedent at this point.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 16th, 2021, 12:14 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think that's a bad definition of modification and we'd be better served by admitting we're not following the "no SA modification" bit.
Old December 16th, 2021, 12:18 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

"No SA modification" isn't a sacred cow for me, so you won't hear argument from me. I'm just acknowledging the current reality of our precedent. If the Heroes want to change that, I'm not opposed.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library