Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 25th, 2010, 10:21 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Yet another "Which Army?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Why not try a draft format?

About your two armies - I'd vote for army #2. However, if army #1 had Raelin instead of Rats x2, I might change my mind.

Here's the thing - I really don't like Deathreavers with 10th, and especially if Raelin isn't there, too. 10th seem to want to move in and engage to get their Melee Defense bonus. In my experience playing them, I think against an opponent that wants to rush in (melee, Trons), I'd rather just get my 10th on height and WTF away, knowing that when they engage me I'll have my Melee Defense bonus anyway instead of worrying about tying units down with rats. Against units that want to sit back and shoot you, the 10th either match them in range (4th), out-range them (Stingers), or your army already has a great counter to them (Braxas vs. Agents). With Raelin there, your defense will hold much better than theirs.

To kind of summarize my thoughts on it, I guess I like Deathreavers much more with units that want to be able to jump around from perch to perch, so the Rats keep them out of engagement and free to move around. Braxas is good for that, but the 10th either want to stand still or engage. I think Raelin helps them a lot more by doubling their defense against opposing range, and she won't have to move often because the 10th are OK with just standing there and firing until engagement, where they get a defense bonus anyway.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 25th, 2010, 10:56 AM

The Champion of Weston knows what's in an order marker The Champion of Weston knows what's in an order marker

I would go for army #2, Major Q9 is an awesome unit in and of himself. Plus with the addition of the 10th Reg as his support its a much better team. Then as a form of backup The Drop could be used to go in amongst their ranks and potentially take them down from the inside. Definitely would take army #2.
Old October 25th, 2010, 03:00 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
2x Deathreavers will be enough. Your army does appear to have an Achilles Heel, but in a small event perhaps nobody will bring Heavies.
Heavies, no. Blade Gruts, yes. That is, Ironically, the only thing which I KNOW will be featured here. One of my friends will be fielding this:

BLADE GRUTSx3-120
GRIMMNAK-240
TORNAK-340
SYVARRIS-440
RAELIN ROTV-520

(It may seem a little cheap when I know his army in advance, but he knows I'll be picking one of these two armies so it ends up even.)

Of course, that's one Blade Grut army out of at least 5 opponents. (Hopefully more, but the absolute minimum competitors for this tournament is 6.)

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old November 1st, 2010, 03:56 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old November 1st, 2010, 04:03 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

If you know that an opponent is bringing Orcs, then the first army would do well. Braxas would melt the swarm of oncoming orcs that travel in a cluster. The 10th can position themselves to take out the big heroes, and the rats will just annoy his range. Sure, Syvarris can take out two rats per turn, but I doubt that's all your opponent will use OMs on.
Old November 1st, 2010, 04:09 PM
Taking a man check - Gangnam spider style!

Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby!

All I can think of to add here besides what the others have already said, is this.

What if the other dudes field a few Iron golems? Yeah, theyre slow, but ive found out that you shouldnt ever underestimate the suckers.

~CT, trying to help

Chilling Touch is Kee-Kee storytelling the PARALLEL CAVE...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion