Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Old August 26th, 2014, 09:31 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Design Holocron of Swamps of Dagobah (Design Phase)

I've said this three times now... Glyphs on high ground is a no-no. It completely eliminates all strategic reasoning for moving through the middle.

Look at mad_wookiee's BoV map, Sirocco:

While it's kind of similarly laid out (height to the left and jungle down the middle), the glyphs are on the outer sides on low ground, not on height.

While my previous statements have said that this would make the middle strategically worthless, not so in Sirocco because you have Jungle/shadow, so it's +2 defense (against the ranged height) if you wander down the middle instead of +1 on YK's Updated map. Also, while it's 12 spaces to move from other SZ to the other on Sirocco and 11-move from one SZ to the other on YK's above version, the +2 defense on Sirocco compared to the +1 defense above is what makes the difference. That's what makes the middle so valuable on Sirocco. A quick, protected route to the opponents SZ, and there's [assumingly] no good way to position Zelrig for a Z-Bomb (so I don't think it's possible).

I've edited my 1st edit of Karat's map:

Swamps of Dagobah 4.2 - VS file

This fixes my previous issue about 4-move figures taking 4 turns to get to height when 5-move figures would get there at 3 turns and 6-move figures would get there in 2. Now 4-move figures get there at the same time as 5-move figures (3 turns). It takes 8-move flying to get the the height.

Comparing it to Sirocco, it's 12-move from one SZ to the other, and the glyphs (along with Jungle) are in the middle so there's incentive to travel through the swamp.

It also seems like the swamp is "tight" enough to not allow Zelrig to move all of his spaces, but I can't say anything for sure.
Old August 26th, 2014, 10:48 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If they were going to be the traditional glyphs from the first two Classic Master Sets then I would agree on the no high ground, but you don't seem to be following along. We have started sketching out a specific glyph idea that will not grant blanker team bonuses and completely useless to squads. It will not be a competitive issue having in on high ground if done right.
Old August 26th, 2014, 10:52 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
If they were going to be the traditional glyphs from the first two Classic Master Sets then I would agree on the no high ground, but you don't seem to be following along. We have started sketching out a specific glyph idea that will not grant blanker team bonuses and completely useless to squads. It will not be a competitive issue having in on high ground if done right.
Why would the caves be on high ground?

And still, there's still no reason to move through the middle if the glyphs are on hieght. I surely ain't sending my Stormies through the middle, they're going to height. And if the "hero" glyphs are on height, well, I'm obviously sending my heroes there, too. So tell me when I'm moving through the dangerous Swamp Creature filled swamp water (except for the very beginning out of the SZs)?

Last edited by Sheep; August 26th, 2014 at 11:02 PM. Reason: I don't care what glyphs they are, I'm paying attention just fine.
Old August 26th, 2014, 11:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

It is a cave entrance, the cave itself is under the hill the glyph is sitting on.
Old August 26th, 2014, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
It is a cave entrance, the cave itself is under the hill the glyph is sitting on.
Ok, so we've hit the theme part on the head. I guess that's all we need to successfully pass a map so let's roll with it guys!

Spoiler Alert!

I guess I'll just shut up. I can't build the map anyways so what should I care, eh?
Old August 27th, 2014, 12:44 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

What about a compromise? Up in the trees could be a treasure type glyph representing the theme of Luke's journey in the swamp, and then we could add a Permanent Glyph down in the Swamp somewhere.
Old August 27th, 2014, 03:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Maybe move the 'cave entrance' glyphs down onto lower ground behind the hill? Then it is no longer on the top high ground of the board and high ground is immediately adj. to it for easy +1 attacks on the glyph occupant.

Moved the trees around a bit too.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 11:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Where are we at with this? I have the map I built sitting on my game table, should I use it for the 4-LOM tests? Use glyphs?, special rules?, maybe with both 4-LOM & Fett getting tested I should just go with a map that has less variables.

*edit* I think I'm just going to use an established map for my PTs. We need to move this one along though.
Old September 5th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Alright, I think I finally figured out a direction for this.

VS File
Then we will have an optional Swamp Creature rule and then for the darkside cave, what about a special rule?
Old September 5th, 2014, 02:25 PM
C3G Landlord

No Marro Hives right? That looks pretty good then. For the Dark Side cave I was thinking something along these lines.

Dark Side Challenge Glyph
The first time a unique hero you control ends it's movement on this glyph, roll 3 combat dice. Each Unique hero may only attempt the challenge once.

If you roll 2 or more skulls, add 1 to that figures normal attack for the rest of the game.
If you roll 2 or more shields, add 1 to that figures defense for the rest of the game.
If you roll 1 skull, 1 shield, and 1 blank, choose an opponent. That opponent now controls the unique hero. Remove any Order Markers from this card, then give the card to that opponent.

So the glyph gives you a pretty good chance to get a random permanent boost for a hero, but you also risk losing that hero to the dark side of the force. Nothing can also happen, representing a failure at the cave without becoming completely lost to the dark side.
Old September 5th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Interesting. I kinda like it, and yeah, no hives.
Old September 5th, 2014, 04:49 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

The Dark Side cave glyph idea is cool.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape