Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old August 28th, 2008, 01:04 AM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Mad_wookiee's Maps - Manticore added 6/28/2013

Marvel Maps

Two Player Maps

NEW - Manticore - added 6/28/2013 - download

Requires 1 SotM, 1 BftU and 1 TJ.

- BoV Approved; - BoV Nominated

Quasatch Playground - added 11/9/09 - download

Requires 1 RotV & 2 TJ.

Blackroot - added 5/2/2010 - download

Requires 1 SotM and 2 RttFF.

Sirocco - added 8/21/2011 - download

Requires 2 BftU and 1 TJ.

Fujin - added 10/7/2012 - download

Requires 1 BftU and 2 RttFF.

Frossenmere - added 5/5/2012 - download

Requires 1 SotM and 1 TT.

Draugur - added 2/27/2012 - download

Requires 1 BftU and 2 TT. Normal snow and ice; designed for two power side up treasure glyphs.

Isenfell - added 10/16/2011 - download

Requires 1 RotV and 1 TT.
Heavy snow, normal ice.

Mayberry - added 8/28/2011 - download

Requires 2 Marvel:TCB and 2 RttFF. Although the pic shows the full Warehouse Ruin piece, remove the second level from the piece before play.

Daedalus - added 7/8/2011 - download

Requires 1 RotV, 1 RttFF and 1 FotA.

Umbra - added 6/20/2011 - download

Requires 2 BftU and 1 VW.

Incendium - added 6/9/2011 - download

Requires 1 SotM, 2 RttFF, and 1 VW.

Hellsgate - added 5/14/2011 - download

Requires 1 RotV and 1 FotA.

Fenris - added 2/7/2011 - download

Requires 1 BftU, 1 VW and 1 TT.

Polaris - added 12/23/10 - download

Requires 1 BftU, 1 RttFF, and 1 TT. Each player should also bring a supply of Treasure glyphs of his or her choice.

Blindgate - added 9/20/2010 - download

Requires 1 SotM, 1 BftU, & 1 TJ.

Vorago - added 7/29/2010 - download

Requires 1 BftU, 1 FotA, and 1 VW.

Grendel - added 4/6/2010 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Kaltengeist - added 4/6/2010 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Kodiak - added 3/11/2010 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Vulcan - added 3/5/2010 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Nexus - added 3/5/2010 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Noctis - added 1/19/10 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Swamp Gas 2.0 - added 1/19/10 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Frostbite - added 1/19/10 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Entrapment - added 1/19/10 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Failed Negotiations - added 7/26/09 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Capuan Arena
- added 6/25/09 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Surin's Crossing - added 2/15/09 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Runoff - added 11/29/08 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Tyvol's Passage - added 11/29/08 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Molten Hills - added 10/26/08 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Muck and Mire - added 10/24/08 - download

Spoiler Alert!

Morindan Graveyard - added 10/14/08 - download

Spoiler Alert!

Swamp Gas - added 10/12/08 - download

Spoiler Alert!

Contested Pools - added 9/26/08 - download

Spoiler Alert!

Redhorn Gate - added 9/23/08 - download

Spoiler Alert!

Silent Pass - added 9/8/08 - download

Spoiler Alert!

Black Diamond - added 9/8/08 - download

Spoiler Alert!

Forgotten Shrine - added 9/6/08 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Runaround - added 9/6/08 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Three Player Maps

Cerberus - added 2/6/10 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Temple of Fire - revised 9/6/08 - download
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by mad_wookiee; June 28th, 2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Added new map.
Old August 28th, 2008, 02:03 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
Re: Mad_wookiee's Map Thread

It looks great and fun to play on! It may affect double-base figures a little, but I do not think it's a big deal. I would reduce the water on the edges and replace by some land tiles. That would create more routes to deploy the armies and fight, instead of everyone moving straight to the middle high-ground, but it is just my 2 cents.
Overall, !

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.

Last edited by LongHeroscaper; August 28th, 2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old August 28th, 2008, 10:48 AM

elf326 is surprisingly tart

It can be tough to make a map for 3 players, but you pulled it off.
Nice map! I can't wait to see more!
Old August 29th, 2008, 12:33 AM

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper View Post
It looks great and fun to play on! It may affect double-base figures a little, but I do not think it's a big deal. I would reduce the water on the edges and replace by some land tiles. That would create more routes to deploy the armies and fight, instead of everyone moving straight to the middle high-ground, but it is just my 2 cents.
Overall, !
Good feedback - thanks much. I'll keep it in mind as we playtest it. I played around with a few configurations around the glyphs so it's likely they'll get a few additional tweaks. Much appreciated!
Old August 29th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

3 Player Maps are much harder to come by (as they are not used in tournaments), and in my opinion, much harder to balance (simple symetry does not apply).

This is very much a King of the Hill style map. My suggestions (on the existing design) would be to consider moving the ruins one row closer to the starting zone to provide more cover (the starting zones seem vulnerable - often times if the zones are too vunerable, I call them untargetable spaces by range - these safe zones guard against early range campers - at least until round 4 when your base has been revealed/scouted and your units are no longer hidden). And perhaps move the uppermost tree one space toward the center of the sand to open up a shorter route to your enemys.

Although this map seems like it will be a race to the high ground, who ever gets there first will be dominated. One of the beauties of three player games is that there is a natural equilibrium. Whoever DOES get to the highground will have a big target on their head and allow the other two players to focus them. Situations like this tend to call for a little diplomacy or patience (let someone else take the hilltop, side with an ally, take them down, then stab your ally in the back before he stabs you).

Thematicly "Temple of Fire" sounds awesome. And if you want to take it to the next level, throw a FotAK castle in there. You could totally make a sweet "Temple" maybe in throw in a "Lava Fountain" (put a road tile in the center of your top piece - put a lava tile on top of that - then surround all six sides with the "battlement" pieces that typically go atop the castle - boom a lava fountain).

Lastly, a good scenario would greatly change to focus of the map. Maybe turn the glyphs into "Lava Pools" and if you can control Two Lava pools at the end of the round, you harness the full force of the Temple and rain Hot Lava Death upon them (and win). Or make them "Lava Stones" that whoever delivers two of them to "Lava Fountain" wins (stones are so heavy that flyers loose their flying ability and due to their magical nature, they disrupt any type of teleportation). Give a good reason to explore the lower portions of the map (a glyph may not be enough incentive over +1 attack/defence from height).

Ooooooh, at the end of each round, if you control more "Lava Stones" then either of your opponents you may harness the awesome power of the "Lava Temple".

Lava Temple Attack: For each opponent who controls less Lava Stones than you. Gather 6 attack dice. Target any figure that player controls. Attack with any amount of attack dice. Defender rolls defence normally. You may target additional figures and use any remaining attack dice. You may target each figure only once.

So if your the only one with a Stone you can hurl giant lava boulders at each of your opponents figures or rain down "Fire Hail" on them. And if there is a slacker who is ignoring the stones they will get double hell.

Recent Games Played:
Old August 30th, 2008, 01:35 AM

Good thoughts all around. I actually thought about doing something like the lave fountain but I couldn't make it come together - the castle pieces may be what I need. I'll give some thought to the scenario as well - I'm not really sure I like the glyph placement yet and perhaps a scenario would help address that. Thanks again for the feedback.
Old September 6th, 2008, 01:57 AM

Runaround

New 2 player tournament-style map that I think came out pretty well. I'm hoping to get some time on it in the next few days.

Runaround

Requires 1RotV & 2RttFF. Comments and suggestions welcome!

UPDATE: Had a chance to playtest this one and it's a lot of fun. The road spaces and glyphs around the edges drew attention away from the higher ground in the middle, and the pond provided an interesting dilemma for figures that needed to cross the map. The high spots don't dominate the map and the trees I think work well where they're placed. Overall, I think this one works just like I'd hoped.

Here's what it looks like when assembled:

Last edited by mad_wookiee; October 19th, 2008 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Added img
Old September 6th, 2008, 02:24 AM

Forgotten Shrine

Another 2p tournament-style map. This one is going to have to wait to be tested until I get my hands on FotA, but I thought I'd post it anyway as I like the way it came together visually.

Forgotten Shrine

Requires 1RotV, 2RttFF, & 1FotA. As always, comments and suggestions welcome.

Last edited by mad_wookiee; September 6th, 2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old September 9th, 2008, 02:40 AM

Black Diamond

I wanted to do something a little different for this map. I was looking for something that would get the most out of my one tundra set. I like the way the reflective symmetry turned out - I think the starting locations are interesting and I like the "hidden" glyph at the top of the map. I'm not sure if ranged squads will be too dominant though - I'm hoping to play this one this week and I'll update with the results.

UPDATE - Adjusted start zones to address an issue with ranged units being able to immediately target units in the opposing start zone.

Black Diamond - added 9/8/08

Requires 1RotV, 1TT, & 1RttFF. Designed for light snow and slippery ice.

Last edited by mad_wookiee; September 9th, 2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old September 9th, 2008, 02:44 AM

Silent Pass

One more for today - this one is an attempt to use terrain to block LOS.

Silent Pass - added 9/8/08

Requires 1RotV & 2RttFF
Old September 23rd, 2008, 12:50 AM

Redhorn Gate

I've been playing around with a map layout that reminds me of looking around a bend in the road, so to speak. I wanted something that was highly symmetrical and yet angular, which wasn't easy to do with the larger hex tiles (at least for me). I like how it turned out and can't wait to give it a go.

Redhorn Gate - added 9/23/08

Requires 1 RotV, 1 TT, & 2 RttFF. Heavy snow & slippery ice.
Old September 26th, 2008, 08:27 PM

Contested Pools

My entry for the Lexan BoV Map Contest.

Contested Pools

Requirements:
1 RotV
2 TJ
1 Lexan Water Mat

Glyphs:
Unspecified

Last edited by mad_wookiee; October 14th, 2008 at 01:13 AM. Reason: corrected issue with brush placement

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios