Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old January 29th, 2017, 01:35 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Army Advice and Feedback Thread

160 SBN
430 Marrden Hounds x3
480 Marro Warriors
480pts/24hexes

If you couldn't swap any of the figures, would you add Marcu and drop a Warrior (that would mean the Warrior couldn't be Cloned right?) or just leave it the way it is?

Last edited by Sheep; January 29th, 2017 at 01:54 AM.
Old January 29th, 2017, 03:19 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
160 SBN
430 Marrden Hounds x3
480 Marro Warriors
480pts/24hexes

If you couldn't swap any of the figures, would you add Marcu and drop a Warrior (that would mean the Warrior couldn't be Cloned right?) or just leave it the way it is?
Depends if Wannok is on the map or not. :P

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old January 29th, 2017, 11:22 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
160 SBN
430 Marrden Hounds x3
480 Marro Warriors
480pts/24hexes

I would sooner drop a hound than a Marro Warrior. Its a good idea to throw Marcu into this army so that you can make the decision of what to drop based on the map.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 5th, 2017, 11:58 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
That is an army I would love to play (and might well do so very soon). Do it! And report back.
Did it! I'll be honest. I almost cowered out of using the Sentinels and Concan after I lost my first two practice rounds to kevindola last week online and my cousin Friday night. Anyways, I'm glad I didn't... Here's my report:

Quote:
Round #1:
-Opponent: Jada (my girlfriend) - Marrden Hounds x3, Su-Bak-Na, Marro Warriors, and Marcu Esenwien at 500pts/25hexes (dropped a Marrden Hound)
-Map: Vestige
-Result: Somehow Jada found a way next to 3 of my Templar in my SZ and plagued two of them and then a 3rd the next turn. Once she plagued my SZ I was able to fight back a bit. She flew out Marcu but I dispatched him with my Grax quickly. Time came soon after and having only killed Marcu and 7 Hounds, I ended up taking the loss in this one, leaving me still defeated (0-3) against my own girlfriend. LOSS (0-1)

Round #2:
-Opponent: flameslayer93 - Grok Riders x2, Me-Burq-Sa, and Arktos at 405pts/15hexes
-Map: Remains of Clionesia
-Result: The dice were in my favor the whole game this round. I mean, a Rat killed a Grok on the second turn so that explains a lot of it. I was rolling 3/4 skulls with the Templar consistently against the Groks and a single charge put MBS' head on a skillet. WIN (1-1)

Round #3:
-Opponent: Tyler - Deathstalkers x3, Othkurik the Black Dragon, and Black Wyrmlings x2
-Map: Remains of Clionesia
-Result: The Deathstalkers cleared out of the Cavalry and landed a 3-die Maul on Concan with 5 remaining dogs (2 in the SZ), Othkurik, and the Wyrmlings. I thought I was doomed with just Concan and the Grax (and a few rats tying up the Stalkers). The Wyrmlings kept shooting their Fledgling Acid Breath at the trio, killing a 2-life Concan. I was finally able to free the Grax from the Stalkers but by that time Othkurik was in the way. The Wyrmlings landed a couple of Acid Breaths on the Sentinels but never killing both at the same time, allowing Quantum Reconstitution to revive a Grax 2 or 3 times. That allowed the Grax to kill Othkurik, and both Wyrmlings and the 3rd dog to win it with 110pts remaining. At the end of the day, this would be the hardest fought battle I was involved in. WIN (2-1)

Round #4:
-Opponent: Grimnak's Father (Ron) - Major Q10, Krav Maga Agents, Zombies of Morindan x4, and Otonashi
-Map: Thy Kindness Freezes
-Result: Ron led with the KMA. I killed two of them quickly. This map lends itself well to the Cavalry. I got plenty of Charges in including one from one side of the map to the other using 10 move to kill the final Agent. After the Agents were gone, Ron moved Q10 to the road space on level 1. This would be the last time the Major would see any action as the next turn saw three Cavalry charging and spearing him to his death. Otonashi and a few Zombies died to more charges and after that, the Templar dealt with the Undead in Jandar fashion. WIN (3-1)

Round #5:
-Opponent: hose - Fen Hydras x2, Ornak, Heavy Gruts, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (RotV), and Isamu
-Map: Quasatch Playground
-Result: I felt confident going into this match that I could give hose a run for his money getting high attack rolls vs. the Hydras. This worked as, I got some charges in on one of the Hydras and destroyed it, then retreated back. Here I made the biggest mistake by charging Raelin next instead of the other Hydra. It doesn't help when I roll 5 skulls (with 5 dice) with a Sentinel and hose blocks it with 6 of 8 shields with the other Hydra. That Hydra ended up being the death of me. LOSS (3-2) The one good thing is that Jada can't say she was the only one to beat me today.
Old February 5th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Great report and it sounds like you had a blast! Good work against the Black Wyrmlings---they're pretty much a perfect counter for the Sentinels. At least there were only two of them.
Old February 9th, 2017, 03:20 AM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Paralyzing Mind Shacklers!
NGS-90
MBS-50
KMS-130
MFM-100
Stingersx3-180
Marro Warriors-50
Total-600, 18 spaces.
Old February 20th, 2017, 03:43 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Crafting an army that I plan to use against a friend. Note that this army is just for fun.
Dw9K- 140
Dw8k-130
Dw7k-100
Zettians-70
Reaversx2-80
Raelin-80
600 points, 14 spaces. All for fun.
Old February 20th, 2017, 04:37 PM

jesus20456 is surprisingly tart

I'm trying to build an army around the warforged soldiers. How does this sound:
4x Warforged soldiers: 320
1x Marcus Gallus Decimus: 100 (420)
1x Thorgrim the Vinking Champion: 80 (500)

500 points, 14 spaces

jesus20456 is Gorillinator...
in the
Calderan Island...
Old February 20th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Opps. He did it again.

As a lover of the Warforged, I can tell you that that will work just fine. However, I have found Raelin is more valuable than Thorgrim in an army like that.

Last edited by Airborne Elite 5; February 23rd, 2017 at 09:53 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2017, 09:47 PM

jesus20456 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
As a liver of the Warforged, I can tell you that that will work just fine. However, I have found Raelin is more valuable than Thorgrim in an army like that.
That makes sense I suppose, what do you think of dropping both thorgrim and a squad of warforged for captain america for an extra 60 points?

jesus20456 is Gorillinator...
in the
Calderan Island...
Old February 23rd, 2017, 09:52 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus20456 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
As a liver of the Warforged, I can tell you that that will work just fine. However, I have found Raelin is more valuable than Thorgrim in an army like that.
That makes sense I suppose, what do you think of dropping both thorgrim and a squad of warforged for captain america for an extra 60 points?
That would work, as Captain would benefit from Marcus as well.
Old February 25th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Opps. He did it again.

How about this?
Dw9k-140
Dw8k-130
Dw7k-100
Reavers-40
Zettians-70
Stingersx2-120
Marro warriors-50
MBS-50
700 points. A lot of figures and order marker management won't be easy, but I'm taking a Liking to the Deathwalkers as of late.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion