Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 2nd, 2010, 07:27 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: Collection Guide 2: Quantities (Updated with D1)

Nice Job, Very Informative...

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old July 9th, 2010, 11:36 PM

Roufus has disabled reputation

I think I'd change this sentence.

'While this pack offers no terrain additions the trees are some of the nicest looking terrain addition currently available for Heroscape.'

Join my customs committee. Give input to my newest creations.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=34056
Old July 9th, 2010, 11:43 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roufus View Post

'While this pack offers no terrain additions the trees are some of the nicest looking terrain addition currently available for Heroscape.'

Good point, that is better grammar than I used.

Every wave I review everything and peoples comments and make changes that seem appropriate. This one will be added. (I cant believe how many typos I keep finding, I think I got most of them now).

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old July 10th, 2010, 12:00 AM

ranoobu is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
Quote:

Every wave I review everything and peoples comments and make changes that seem appropriate. This one will be added. (I cant believe how many typos I keep finding, I think I got most of them now).
Does that make sense though?

It sounds like it's saying that there is no terrain addition, but the trees are nice terrain.. so therefore there really is a terrain addition..

my head just exploded

Aeston's Before Heroscape - An interesting read for any Heroscape fan. I loved the final conclusion to the post as well lol

Good trades: SirGalahad
Old July 10th, 2010, 12:08 AM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Lol, looks like you got a point also ranooba.

Maybe something along the lines of...

'While this pack offers no additional terrain hexes the trees are some of the nicest looking map features currently available for Heroscape.'

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Old July 10th, 2010, 12:16 AM

ranoobu is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Lol, looks like you got a point also ranooba.

Maybe something along the lines of...

'While this pack offers no additional terrain hexes the trees are some of the nicest looking map features currently available for Heroscape.'
I could be wrong, but I think the jungle pieces are considered terrain too

I tried to google and webster the definition of terrain and the best definition i could find was "the physical features of a tract of land"

Aeston's Before Heroscape - An interesting read for any Heroscape fan. I loved the final conclusion to the post as well lol

Good trades: SirGalahad
Old July 10th, 2010, 08:31 AM

Roufus has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranoobu View Post
Quote:
Quote:

It sounds like it's saying that there is no terrain addition, but the trees are nice terrain.. so therefore there really is a terrain addition..
THAT was the point I was making. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Join my customs committee. Give input to my newest creations.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=34056
Old July 10th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree with almost everything here. My goals in collecting tend towards the minimums of almost everything you posted, though I see the advantage to the higher ends of everything you posted. The only thing I really disagree about it the lava. Volcarren wasteland is a very small set, and one is almost useless. Two you can make a nice small map featuring lava. Three is much better. I'd put this in the 2-3 range. When you compare what comes in a pack of lava vs a pack of snow, you can see what I mean.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old July 10th, 2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
I agree with almost everything here. My goals in collecting tend towards the minimums of almost everything you posted, though I see the advantage to the higher ends of everything you posted. The only thing I really disagree about it the lava. Volcarren wasteland is a very small set, and one is almost useless. Two you can make a nice small map featuring lava. Three is much better. I'd put this in the 2-3 range. When you compare what comes in a pack of lava vs a pack of snow, you can see what I mean.
OK, I do see what you are getting at. One pack is not a lot of lava, however, I only have the one pack, and it seems to be sufficient amount to make some lava pools or a lava section of map. BOV maps featuring lava tend to only have one lava set. I have never lamented on wanting more lava. (This also factors in the very high cost of lava sets these days also.)
Granted, I never have done anything ambitious like making a large volcano wastland type map that I have seen pictures of, yet I think that is more on the extreme end of things. I do have caveat that states (in paraphrase) that there are some who will want excessive amounts of some sets with a prime example being ROTV, RTTF and the Castle set where people have bought copious amounts.
However, do you need excessive amounts to enjoy a terrain feature? I would have to say no, hence my lower numbers on terrain expansion.

As for the grammar issues on the TJ set discussed earlier. I think we are getting to the point of splitting hairs on it, but I do agree that it needs to be cleaned up a little.

Good Trades I have had.

Last edited by Toad Rocket; July 19th, 2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old July 13th, 2010, 11:17 AM

oracle92 knows what's in an order marker oracle92 knows what's in an order marker

Very nice list! Perhaps you could also mention the large hero packs (Orm's return, Raknar's vision etc.) saying it's worth getting one of each to get the popular large unique heroes. (Dragons, Q9, etc.)

The dice help those who help themselves.
Old July 13th, 2010, 11:58 AM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great list Toad Rocket!

I'm wondering if the 10th/Wolves pack from wave 8 might get more love with the Werewolf Lord coming out in D-2?

I would agree with almost your entire list. You've done an excellent job compiling this.

If you are new to this site, I would look at this very seriously. You'll find 9/10 times that you'll draft figures (even in a beer and pretzel game) that are low cost/high production. Stay away from buying too many squads that are high cost. Trust me, they'll just collect dust if you get too many.

Once again, great job TR!

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old July 13th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
I'm wondering if the 10th/Wolves pack from wave 8 might get more love with the Werewolf Lord coming out in D-2?
I don't think so. The 10th Regiment was good enough to deserve at least three squads and you don't need more than 3 squads of WoB.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units