Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Notices

Old October 6th, 2019, 11:12 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 2019 C3V Playtest Tournament (Round 4 until 10/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentWard View Post
Isn't it correct to say :

Quote:
...if no wounds were inflicted on a figure other than the Bound Hero and or no figure was destroyed during that turn...
I’m not sure which is correct, I’m not an editor.

But, that’s the intended effect.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 7th, 2019, 06:50 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
The Toogwick_Tuk (3-0) v. Chris Perkins (2-1) pool of armies is:
* : Kurrok the Elementalist, Re-Tak-Shi, Water Elementals x9
* : Mohican River Tribe x3, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Bowhunter x3, Brave Arrow
* Are the Drudge Playable Now? : Marro Drudge x5, Re-Tak-Shi, Tul-Bak-Ra, Isamu
* D20 > Defense Dice ?: Mohican River Tribe x4, Makwa Bowhunter x5, Brave Arrow, Marcu Esenwein
Toogwick_Tuk chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Chris Perkins chooses who places first.
Our game should be starting at around 4 pm or so. I took my Water Elemental army and Chris took his Marro Drudge Army.

EDIT: we finished up and I ended up winning and here's the report in RTS' thread.

Last edited by Toogwick_tuk; October 7th, 2019 at 08:28 PM.
Old October 8th, 2019, 07:54 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quick recap from my game with Toogwick_tuk yesterday:

Toogwick won the diceoff to decide who rolled for RTS emerge in round 1 first and deferred. I hit emerge and placed my RTS rather aggressively forward, banking that Toogwick would miss his emerge and have to burn an OM moving RTS up in round 1. Toogwick also hit his emerge roll though and didn't take as long to develop as I expected, which left my RTS more vulnerable than I would have liked.

I wasn't able to bring up the bulk of my Drudge before Toogwick's Water Elementals were able to bring down my RTS (partially through a nice tactical use of turning my RTS' own swamp water ooze into a +1 boost for his water elementals). I was able to bring down a few Water Elems during that time, but not enough to make a dent.

In round 2, I teleported TBR up next to his RTS and several water elems, putting 3 wounds on RTS via a 4/4 hit. Toogwick was able to use water tunnel (via RTS bonus) effectively though to get through TBR to the blocked off high ground and finished TBR off by the end of the round. I was never able to finish off RTS though despite that one big hit.

At that point, my 2/2 dice were just overmatched by Toogwick's boosted water elems. Toogwick was down to 3 elems at one point, but brought one back to end the game with 4 water elems to go along with a 2 life RTS and a full health Kurrok.

gg Toogwick
Old October 8th, 2019, 08:23 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thanks, guys. These tests are incredibly valuable to us.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 10th, 2019, 09:44 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Dysole and I should be going in 45 minutes or so. I have Dysole's Mohicans; Dysole has the Wildwoods.
Old October 11th, 2019, 12:44 AM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Dysole got the win. Early on my Mohicans couldn't hit on any attacks against the runners. I did kill a Sentinel but that really didn't do me much good other than to get it away from me. By mid-game, the wildwoods controlled the (somewhat unusual) road high ground, which made things pretty difficult for me. I did keep grinding with the teeth, and I did hit several great bear rolls to prolong things, but in this matchup it's the red dice that I need, not defense.

At the end I had a chance to kill the monarch if I had won initiative, which would have given me a chance to kill the remaining sentinel and runner with my last two teeth. Instead I lost initiative and both teeth died. I conceded despite having 3 bowhunters sitting in my startzone, because bowhunters are hot garbage.

EDIT: General thoughts on the units: I thought Wildwoods played well. This is a good matchup for them because of the relatively low attack output of my army, and the map was strong for them with the road high ground making it very difficult to kite them. Still, I managed to manufacture a puncher's chance of beating them. I would expect them to deliver some negative play experiences for some players - there's a feeling of hopelessness when they keep bringing figures back - but overall I think it's manageable.

The Bowhunters are bad. They have zero synergy with Mohicans and it's very hard to realize much benefit from their synergy with the Teeth.

Last edited by dok; October 11th, 2019 at 02:50 PM.
Old October 11th, 2019, 10:32 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
The Zetsubo (2-1) v. flameslayer93 (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Tree People: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x3, Bol
* Snipers and Vipers: Venoc Vipers x3, 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Venoc Warlord, Capt. Nathaniel Blount
* The Rebellious Order Marker: Capuan Gladiatros x2, 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Priscus, Capt Nathaniel Blount
* Red Dwarf: 12th Caucasus Rifles x2, Shieldsmiths x3, Concan, Air Elemental
Zetsubo chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, flameslayer93 chooses who places first.
We should be starting within the next 30 minutes. I am using the Red Dwarf army and Flameslayer is using the Snipers and Vipers army

Edit: Flameslayer won. Report coming later tonight

Last edited by Zetsubo; October 11th, 2019 at 12:46 PM.
Old October 11th, 2019, 12:05 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: 2019 C3V Playtest Tournament (Quarterfinals)

Semifinals will be setup with priority on avoiding any rematches over setting up seeds.

The Quarterfinals are on Desperado (Unique, Dagmar).

The dok (3-1) v. flameslayer93 (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Dances with Gryphillins: Mohican River Tribe x4, Makwa Bowhunter x1, Brave Arrow, Capt. Nathaniel Blount, Theracus, Bol
* Out of Bounds!: Acolytes of Vorganund x3, Skull Demon x2, Corvor the Tainted One, Drow Chainfighter x1
* The Rebellious Order Marker: Capuan Gladiators x2, 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Priscus, Capt Nathaniel Blount
* Red Dwarf: 12th Caucasus Rifles x2, Shieldsmiths x3, Concan, Air Elemental
flameslayer93 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, dok chooses who places first.
Old October 12th, 2019, 04:06 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Point Total
Map:
Glyphs:

Flameslayer93 - Army: Venoc Vipers x3, 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Venoc Warlord, Capt. Nathaniel Blount
Zetsubo - Army: 12th Caucasus Rifles x2, Shieldsmiths x3, Concan, Air Elemental

Which units survived?
Capt. Blount (full life), Mittens (1 wound), 2 53rd, 4 vipers

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)
Dwarves and vipers duked out the first couple rounds with occasional help from 12th and 53rd respectively. Early on, my army had decent defense but several viper frenzies managed to chip away at my army. By late game my defense had all but disappeared and the Vipers and 53rd were dealing heavy hits. Eventually Mittens and Wannok finished me off by killing Concan.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
Gas grenade was used three times and only succeeded once, killing a 53rd.
Capt. Blount never used any powers.
Old October 12th, 2019, 12:23 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

As stated, in my R4 game against Zetsubo I won. My dice were completely on fire, which left Z in the dust. The map also helped my snakes not get tore up due to dwarves not getting map control. Capt Nathan did a good job of not being in the way.

GG man.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; October 12th, 2019 at 01:13 PM.
Old October 27th, 2019, 09:56 PM
I could go

Re: 2019 C3V Playtest Tournament (Quarterfinals until 10/27)

Setting up dok and I's game. I'm rolling with Red Dwarf and he's going Out of Bounds.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old October 27th, 2019, 11:42 PM

Re: 2019 C3V Playtest Tournament (Quarterfinals until 10/27)

Just finished my much-delayed game with flameslayer. Due to my reading of threads instead of PMs, we played with the 4 defense, 4 move version of the acolytes.

The first round went to flameslayer as I lost two acolytes to grenade-and-shoot, but by the end of the second round I managed to get control of the area around unique attack and summoned a skull demon to hold it. Corvor was missing his corruption rolls but did hit his attacks quite consistently, even against the shieldsmiths, thanks in part to the bonus attack. Still, overall I would say I was quite lucky to only lose one acolyte to dark pact.

Corvor began on the initiative side of the map, but transitioned over to the UA side of the map to defend against shieldsmiths attacking the skull demon. Late in the game it was looking comfortable for me, until the little ol' air elemental whacked corvor for 3 wounds, followed by the last surviving rifleman putting Corvor 1 life from death.

At that point it was a 1-life Corvor, a 1-life skull demon on unique attack, and the chainfighter, versus 1 rifleman and 1 squad of shieldsmiths. It became cat and mouse for a while, and the gas grenade attack enabled flameslayer to take some shots at Corvor with no response from me. However it was my turn for a filler hero to impact the game, as the chainfigher closed within chain grab distance. I missed the chain grab on the rifleman, but the two dwarves that moved up to kill him died to Corvor on the next turn (my first corruption hit)

It came down to a classic final big initiative roll, as there was a dwarf next to Corvor ready to get the kill, but I won initiative, Corvor hit his corruption roll for the second time all game to kill the last dwarf, and the last rifleman fell to the normal attack.

Overall I thought it felt like a fair matchup. Shieldsmiths are a very tough nut for the demons to crack so it stands to reason I'd need a bit of luck to pull it out. Riflemen aren't bread and butter against most things but the gas grenade is such a neat tactical tool.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting