Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

View Poll Results: What Dalek Armor power do you like best? (See the OP)
Armor Option 1 0 0%
Armor Option 2 1 11.11%
Armor Option 3 0 0%
Armor Option 4 5 55.56%
Two Shield Defense 2 22.22%
Tough 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 8th, 2019, 10:40 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: C3G Doctor Who Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
C3G is a niche product, and repaints/mods are an even more niche extension of that niche product. I think we have to accept there may only be <5 people who go out and do any one paint job or mod, and honestly I don't see a problem with that. It's available and accessible to anybody wants to do it, but if not, proxying or just not using that card are also perfectly fair.
Yet, I feel like we've had 2-3 new users or people pop out of nowhere showing off mods they've done in the past year. Sure there's people who have no interest in mods, but it also seems there are some people actively excited by doing mods. I have most of the modded figures and always love making them, and I don't think because some dislike the idea of painting figures they weren't that interested in using anyway should really stymie a new expansion that has had some real interest brewing.
This, absolutely. I have zero personal interest in Doctor Who, but if this were blocked then, for the reasons you've both expressed, I would be annoyed on your behalf and on principle. I'm on your side here.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 8th, 2019, 10:59 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

https://eoeorbis.com/collections/doctor-who

This may be a bit more old Doctors than newer Doctors, admittedly. I hadn't looked through it tremendously.
Old September 8th, 2019, 11:07 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
https://eoeorbis.com/collections/doctor-who

This may be a bit more old Doctors than newer Doctors, admittedly. I hadn't looked through it tremendously.
Awesome! I had heard Black Tree made Doctor Who stuff, but I didn't realize they had quite this much. This actually opens up mini options a ton, as long as they're in the right scale and everything.

@Tornado check this out!
Old September 8th, 2019, 12:06 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice, those are pre-prainted ?
Old September 8th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nice, those are pre-prainted ?
I tend to assume everything is unpainted unless specifically told otherwise, but I can’t say for sure.

I just can’t believe somebody is out here making minis for characters as wacky and obscure as the Kandyman;

Old September 8th, 2019, 01:09 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Just out of curiosity, for all you guys that are excited for this Who stuff, how many of you are actually going to buy and paint minis?

Are we just creating these for online players and 1 or 2 people I tending on getting figures?

Who is excited enough to buy figures ahead of time and willing to do a beginner suited style paint job.
I mean no offense, but this seems like a really odd place to draw the line. I know we're trying to decrease mod/repaint usage a bit, but I have to admit I'm kind of frustrated that my personal project seems to be where a stand is being taken.
How many people out there are really going to do the mod/repaint for half the stuff we do? How many people are going to spend a few hours doing a Lady Death repaint or a repaint/mod for the character that Tornado most recently passed through the Approval thread? How many people are going to do the mods for the Slashers or Gargoyles? Heck, how many people are going to buy the figures for the Mechanical Constructs and do the mods there? I've done none of these and outside of the Slashers I probably won't do any of them. Despite that, I'm glad they're all in the game.

I know your post is more coming from honest curiosity than a sense of trying to shut Doctor Who down or anything like that. But the idea that your decision could be influenced by how many people reply to this specific thread within the next day or so and commit to buying and painting these figures doesn't seem right to me. I don't like the idea that it's somehow not worth it if only a handful of people want to buy and paint these guys.

C3G is a niche product, and repaints/mods are an even more niche extension of that niche product. I think we have to accept there may only be <5 people who go out and do any one paint job or mod, and honestly I don't see a problem with that. It's available and accessible to anybody wants to do it, but if not, proxying or just not using that card are also perfectly fair.
First off...the "Your personal project" comment I'm sure you meat as the project your spearheading. But as worded, it's the thing C3G tried to avoid.

Now for my main point...it was an honest curiosity for multiple reasons.

1. If there are multiple people invested then it is likely we can get a few pictures spanning skill levels. For instance, I've seen it stated you have painted a mini but it's not card worthy...perfect, show us what an average mini would look like and then have one of our "pros" work one up for the card. Take the fear away from the beginners.

2. I don't want C3G to turn into multiple different designers personal customs that have no intention of being part of C3G as a groups physical library. It's not just the new stuff...even marvel/DC figures that are extraordinarily expensive I like seeing a proxy. I liked the recent RL-SG design where someone posted their painted proxy with a cheaper mini. That meets my wish of having options for both...have the cash buy the expensive mini, have some minimal talent but the cheap one. I unfortunately fall between...little money and not much talent. But I still have a choice.

But for you specific request. The last part of #1 is where you should focus as my response.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 8th, 2019, 02:09 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
First off...the "Your personal project" comment I'm sure you meat as the project your spearheading. But as worded, it's the thing C3G tried to avoid.

1. If there are multiple people invested then it is likely we can get a few pictures spanning skill levels. For instance, I've seen it stated you have painted a mini but it's not card worthy...perfect, show us what an average mini would look like and then have one of our "pros" work one up for the card. Take the fear away from the beginners.

2. I don't want C3G to turn into multiple different designers personal customs that have no intention of being part of C3G as a groups physical library. It's not just the new stuff...even marvel/DC figures that are extraordinarily expensive I like seeing a proxy. I liked the recent RL-SG design where someone posted their painted proxy with a cheaper mini. That meets my wish of having options for both...have the cash buy the expensive mini, have some minimal talent but the cheap one. I unfortunately fall between...little money and not much talent. But I still have a choice.

But for you specific request. The last part of #1 is where you should focus as my response.
You are correct, nothing about it is truly "my project." That's not how C3G works and I apologize.

I don't intend for anybody else to do mini paint jobs for me. If somebody wants to volunteer to help, I'd love it and greatly appreciate it. But I have no expectations of help. I need to clean up the current mini a bit and take new pics. If I can't do something myself, I'll either hire somebody who can or it won't get done.

But I don't exactly get where you're coming from with the rest of this...I don't think there's anything about this that implies the mini would be unattainable for most people or not part of the "library." There are multiple ways to get it, it's decently cheap (the whole set of 6 is cheaper than many single minis C3G uses), available, and the paint job is hardly complex. I have shaky hands and no painting skills, and I managed to make it.

I agree that the project should be accessible to everyone, but what I am trying to do is just as simple as the Valiant repaints and any number of other things. If this is where we draw the line, then a lot of other stuff is going to fall on the other side of that line.
Old September 8th, 2019, 02:13 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:

You are correct, nothing about it is truly "my project." That's not how C3G works and I apologize.

I don't intend for anybody else to do mini paint jobs for me. If somebody wants to volunteer to help, I'd love it and greatly appreciate it. But I have no expectations of help. I need to clean up the current mini a bit and take new pics. If I can't do something myself, I'll either hire somebody who can or it won't get done.

But I don't exactly get where you're coming from with the rest of this...I don't think there's anything about this that implies the mini would be unattainable for most people or not part of the "library." There are multiple ways to get it, it's decently cheap (the whole set of 6 is cheaper than many single minis C3G uses), available, and the paint job is hardly complex. I have shaky hands and no painting skills, and I managed to make it.

I agree that the project should be accessible to everyone, but what I am trying to do is just as simple as the Valiant repaints and any number of other things. If this is where we draw the line, then a lot of other stuff is going to fall on the other side of that line.
I more meant that you should post your photos of the minis you’ve painted even if you don’t think they are card worthy. It would go a long way in easing concerns of them being accessible.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 10th, 2019, 08:50 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

NAME = THE DOCTOR
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = TIME LORD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WANDERER
PERSONALITY = DAMAGED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

SONIC SCREWDRIVER
Start the game with the Glyph of Sonic Screwdriver on this card. The Doctor cannot lose this Glyph by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed.

JURY-RIGGING GENIUS
At the start of the game, place a Glyph of Experimental Medicine, a Glyph of Modular Cannon, and a Glyph of Trans-Temporal Tracker power-side up into a Glyph Pool and set them aside. Instead of attacking with the Doctor, you may choose a Glyph that occupies the same space as the Doctor that is not the Glyph of Sonic Screwdriver. Destroy that Glyph, and place a Glyph from the Doctor's Glyph Pool on this card. The Doctor may equip that Glyph even if the Glyph of Sonic Screwdriver is already on this card.

TIME WAR RAGE
When attacking with this Doctor for the first time every round, if he is within 5 clear sight spaces of either a friendly figure with 2 or more wound markers on their card or a Dalek, you may add 1 automatic skull to your roll. If you do, you must attack a Dalek, if possible.
Quote:
NAME = GLYPH OF MODULAR CANNON
SUBTITLE = WEAKNESS ATTACK

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
When this Glyph comes into play, choose a special power. When this figure attacks with a normal attack, you may change the Range number on its Army Card to 6 and the Attack number on its Army Card to 3. During this attack, if a special power refers to your chosen special power, it refers to this special power as well.
Quote:
NAME = GLYPH OF TRANS-TEMPORAL TRACKER
SUBTITLE = GOES DING WHEN THERE'S STUFF

EQUIPMENT GLYPH
When this Glyph comes into play, choose a Species, special power, or Glyph. When an Order Marker is revealed on the Army Card of a figure that is that Species, has that special power, or is equipped with or occupying that Glyph, you may immediately move this figure up to 3 spaces. While moving with this special power, this figure will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Not sure exactly where to begin here, but it seems a shame not to have a "run" power here. Maybe something like:
Quote:
RUN!
All figures you control within X spaces of the Doctor may move 2 additional spaces on their turn but they cannot end this move closer to an opponent's turn than it was at the start of its turn.
Then I'm not sureTime War Rage really fits him. I'd rather see something that highlights his Sassy nature.

Also the Trans-Temporal Tracker seems a little on the complex side, but seems mostly fine.
Old September 10th, 2019, 09:04 PM
Just A Head

Well I was just literally writing up a design for a different character (one I'm really excited for!) but 9 has been on my list to look over again anyways.

I'm thinking we should just ditch the whole 'gadgets' angle. It's definitely a very Doctor-y concept, but I don't think it's worth sacrificing any 1 Doctor's specific personality to make them the 'gadget guy.'

I absolutely feel like some sort of Time War PTSD power is needed, that's like the core of his incarnation. After mulling it over, I'd maybe do something a bit more like this though;
Quote:
TIME WAR RAGE
When the Doctor attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, roll 1 additional die for each of the following that is true:
-The Doctor has not attacked this round.
-there is at least one Wound Marker on a figure you control within 5 clear sight spaces of the Doctor.
-the defending figure is a Dalek.
If you add 2 or more Attack Dice to your roll with this special power, the Doctor may attack one additional time.
That may be a bit on the complex side, but that undercurrent of rage and trauma is really vital to the character in my eyes.

We have a "Run!" power I'm pretty proud of on Two and Ten. Maybe that power could find a place on Nine as well, but honestly I'm interested in exploring other spaces with him. Him having "Run!" is not something I'd be horribly against though.
Old September 10th, 2019, 09:45 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

"RUN!" seems more iconic for 9 than 10, leaves more room on 10 that way too.

Huh, well just based off of the name I expected a power like that to be on the War Doctor not 9.

I'm still pondering on a Sassy power. Probably something called "Sass and Class".
Old September 10th, 2019, 09:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Even with all his rage (I agree that's thematic) he's not exactly an offensive brute, though. So adding attack dice feels a tad off. But maybe it works if his base attack is fairly low?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy