Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 31st, 2019, 10:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Outer Space Terrain Rules

The Book of Outer Space Terrain Rules

C3G
FINAL FRONTIER

PDF

This set of rules is necessary to fully enjoy C3G outer space terrain, such as the Cosmic Space Mat.
It is designed to enhance your superhero battles by allowing figures to bring their fights into outer space – where no one can hear you scream!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

Quote:
OUTER SPACE TERRAIN RULES

Outer Space Terrain rules include rules for a new terrain type called Cosmos spaces. Outer Space Terrain rules should be used with the Cosmic Space Mat and other Outer Space battlefields, as specified in their map threads.

Cosmos Spaces

Cosmos spaces are 0 height.

When a non-flying figure enters a Cosmos Space during their normal movement they can only move in a straight line and must continue moving in this manner until one of the following is true:
all of their available movement is used,
they are adjacent to a space of a different terrain type, or
they cannot legally occupy the next space.

If the figures' movement is stopped due to one of these conditions and it still has movement left, that figure may continue moving in any direction.

Exposure Damage

At the end of each round, roll one unblockable attack die for exposure damage against each figure you control occupying a Cosmos space that has at least one Wound and that is not a Construct, Destructible Object, or Event Hero. If the figure has Super Strength, it receives a wound on a blank instead of a skull.
Initial Playtest: (IAmBatman)
Public Playtest: (Dr. Jekyll)
Public Playtest: (redstang)
Public Playtest: (Yodaking)

Spoiler Alert!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by tcglkn; February 26th, 2022 at 03:00 PM.
Old September 1st, 2019, 07:11 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Cosmic Terrain Brainstorming Thread

1. I agree. A cosmos space should be 0 height & not placeable on any other tile.

2. I like it. Maybe for non-flyers, half their movement value & only in a straight line.

3. Tough thing to equate here but I think that is the best simplest idea. I'd only be leaning towards maybe 2 auto-wounds for non SS figures & 1 unblockable die for SS figures.

4. Rock tiles for stable places in space. Maybe the movement is restored, but the "harmful" space rule still applies.

Special tiles for asteroids/meteors with special movement rules (like a directional pointer & a speed -either per turn (fast), per OM number (medium) or per round (slow -relatively).

Grass & dirt tiles for atmosphere where the neither rules apply.

Need an industrial tile for things like space stations/ships/structures.

5. I don't think this is necessary. Just complicates things. However if you want make asteroid tiles on stands that should definitely be a LOS blocker.

Nice ideas.
Old September 1st, 2019, 08:00 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'd want a lower level of exposure damage for Superstrength figures - remember that Green Lanterns have traditionally low life and could easily get unthematically screwed by this. Unblockable attack die sounds good.
Conversely, I'd be okay with non-Superstrong figures suffering a lot more, even to the point of auto-death. In my book, if you draft Captain America knowing he's going to be fighting in the vacuum of space without a ship, you get what's coming to you. Then again, you could justify otherwise by saying everyone who doesn't have Superstrength is assumed to have some sort of space suit.
I'd also want to make sure that 'Flying-lite' powers don't bypass any penalty for moving in space. Iron Man flying in space? Fine. Spider-Man acting like a cosmic-level superhero because he can somehow effectively web-swing in a vacuum? Decidedly less fine.

I'm pretty much liking A3n's ideas here, I think.

I also really want to implement that sky mat into C3G. That would make a Helicarrier battle bloody awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
1. I agree. A cosmos space should be 0 height & not placeable on any other tile.

2. I like it. Maybe for non-flyers, half their movement value & only in a straight line.
I like both of these.

Quote:
3. Tough thing to equate here but I think that is the best simplest idea. I'd only be leaning towards maybe 2 auto-wounds for non SS figures & 1 unblockable die for SS figures.
I agree with the unblockable die for Super Strength. Non-SS could be harsher.

Quote:
4. Rock tiles for stable places in space. Maybe the movement is restored, but the "harmful" space rule still applies.
Love that!
Quote:
Special tiles for asteroids/meteors with special movement rules (like a directional pointer & a speed -either per turn (fast), per OM number (medium) or per round (slow -relatively).
Grass & dirt tiles for atmosphere where the neither rules apply.
Sounds good.
Quote:
Need an industrial tile for things like space stations/ships/structures.
I actually made up some metal tiles years ago that I'd love to see as part of C3G canon. I think they should be implemented into ground maps as well. I could see Industrial Terrain as one of those terrain sets I was talking about.

Quote:
5. I don't think this is necessary. Just complicates things. However if you want make asteroid tiles on stands that should definitely be a LOS blocker.

Nice ideas.

Absolutely - I prefer asteroids as DOs, most likely.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 1st, 2019, 08:07 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great feedback, all! I’m agreeing with all this thus far and it’s a nice feeling to be on the same page with people for once.

I’ll let this simmer some more for additional feedback and will eventually compile the notes. I’m interested in moving this forward but have no particular deadline so there’s plenty of time to think things through.

LO I’m definitely thinking space suit utility glyph for Batman so don’t want to go too easy on non SS figures.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 1st, 2019, 10:03 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The Judges have a full fledged space force.
They are ready to bring the law to the black.
Old September 1st, 2019, 10:21 AM

Logistics is going to be the biggest thing here, I think. I think we have similar viewpoints in terms of mechanics and we'd just need to test and tweak to get them down just right. Compared to, say, the VDO rules, I think this would all be pretty straightforward.

The biggest thing is how to get a physical product in the hands of the end user. How do we make the actual Cosmic Terrain - both Cosmos spaces and Asteroids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
They are ready to bring the law to the black.
This reads so, so wrong without context ....

Old September 1st, 2019, 10:29 AM

I'm wondering if there's anything in Hyground tiles that would be printable for us, especially for asteroid terrain. We could just find some minis and do them as DOs, though. ( @L0B5T3R )

For the industrial terrain we could reuse concrete or road tiles, or try to come up with something new that's of the Hyground printable variety.

Depending on how we want to do the Cosmos spaces, we could either do something Hyground printable or just try to do a mat, like I posted in the OP.

Not sure on the scale, but here's a potential option for the mat route:

Old September 1st, 2019, 10:35 AM

Another option to consider for mats.

Old September 1st, 2019, 10:39 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I love that map!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 1st, 2019, 10:43 AM
Hard as ice

Ah - I love that map, but damn is it expensive....
I'm honestly thinking it's worth working out something ourselves that's printable... hmmm.... I know @Cavalier did the Lexan terrain mats of old (I have tonnes of 'em), maybe it's worth getting his help on this? Having a contact like that could be amazing if we plan to branch out into terrain.
I'd certainly want our map to have the level of beautiful detail that map does, though, rather than be something like pure black.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 1st, 2019, 10:50 AM

I don't believe Cav does those anymore (it was something he was able to do cheaply at his place of employment at the time - not sure if he's still there).

The second link I posted might be better on prices. I need to explore it more, though, as look at it drowns me in options a bit, and I need to either measure the official hexes or have someone post measurements so we know what our goal should be in terms of size.

Old September 1st, 2019, 10:53 AM
Hard as ice

I reckon he's at least worth contacting - even if he doesn't do it anymore, that's someone in the community with experience of these things. We could at least turn to him as a consultant - I wouldn't even be against giving him provisional sanctum access if he wanted to help.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library