Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Notices

Old February 24th, 2012, 06:28 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Dominion.

Yeah it was a random player, but he was kicking my butt. Not sure what he was so upset about...

On a side note. There is a (fairly) new Dominion Iphone app. It's not an official Rio-Grande app, but it is sanctioned by them so it has the official card art work. You can play against the ai or online. The only drawback is that it only has the base set, but it is still a good way to pass some time.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old February 24th, 2012, 11:15 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
So here's a question for the people here who play on Isotropic.

Can someone explain what "hacking" is on that site? I was recently accused of it and have no clue as to why I was. I have no problem with being told if I am breaking some kind of unwritten (or written if the case may be) rule, but the guy (or gal) was just cursing me out instead of responding to me asking what I was doing wrong.
I think the unwritten rule you were breaking is "dont play games with ignorant jackasses."
Old March 4th, 2012, 07:08 AM

BlueTegu Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
This game is sitting in my bedroom (along with several others) waiting for someone to give it to me as a Christmas present. I am hoping that it will be a game that my sons will enjoy. They like various card games like Yugio. I know this game is much different than that, but what is your sense of how quickly a kid could pick up on this (my sons are 11 and .

I'm also hopin my wife may like this one. She has nothing to do with Heroscape or any other wargames. She will play Settlers, Ticket to Ride, etc. But she really likes traditional card games (Rummy, Rook, Soltaire.) So again, how do you think she may respond to this game?

EDIT: LOL - I just now noticed that the "cool" emoticon was used where I had typed an 8 and a parenthesis. My other is 8, although I think both of them are pretty
My wife likes mostly games that have to do with luck. Munchkins, and Killer Bunnies. She is also a big fan of co-op games, Pandemic being her favorite. But when it comes to strategy games that is where I think for her, Dominion is great. My wife is NOT the biggest fan of strategy based games however in the format that dominion is in she enjoys it very much. we play every Friday game night and it has even be one part of vocabulary.

My thoughts are that it's a great game. I know that I might get so slack for this but I think it's better then ascension. I feel there is more strategy that you may have to change up though out the course of a game. But it is light enough for mostly all to enjoy. And the attack cards keep players involved during other players moves. Witch every has to like, not much down time!!

I can go on with the differences between dominion and ascension but that's not what this conversation is supost to be about...
Old March 21st, 2013, 09:51 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A couple days ago two of my friends and I played using a variant we made up. We took all the placeholders (I have Intrigue, Seaside, Prosperity and the original) and divided the cards based on how much they cost. The 7 decks were then put face down and acted as the 10 kingdom cards.

Admittedly the skill factor goes way down, but it's fun not knowing what your buying until you actually buy it. It's not for every game, but every once in a while it makes for a fun way to change things up.

The best moment was when I Kings Courted my Saboteur. I got one of my friends Expand, Silver and Province, from the other I got a Tribute, Grand Marker and Colony. They were so map. And the best part was they couldn't buy the actions back.
Old March 21st, 2013, 10:13 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Cool idea.
Old February 4th, 2015, 10:41 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, I recently was introduced to Dominion since my brother got the base set, so I got Intrigue. Really fun game, first card have I've ever really had enough interest in to blow money on.

Anyways, I was playing the other day with a friend of mine, and he had the idea of instead of just starting with the standard starting deck, we should choose 20 cards (mostly copper and estates, with some bigger money, a duchy or two, a few action cards, and a curse for fun. Long story short, luck was very cruel to my friend Jacob. He got almost no money, and the curse. It ended rather quickly (since I had enough to buy all the harems right of the bat and then a ton of land). The final score was 85-50.

Honestly this version of playing could be very fun, especially with more people so the likelihood of somebody being doomed from the start would go down. I think we'll have to try it again sometime, hopefully with more people.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old February 5th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
he had the idea of instead of just starting with the standard starting deck, we should choose 20 cards (mostly copper and estates, with some bigger money, a duchy or two, a few action cards, and a curse for fun. Long story short, luck was very cruel to my friend Jacob. He got almost no money, and the curse. It ended rather quickly (since I had enough to buy all the harems right of the bat and then a ton of land). The final score was 85-50.
There's probably a very good reason that the starting decks are what they are.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games