Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Notices

Old May 15th, 2006, 02:56 PM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Finding other players on the boards by user locations

Welcome to Heroscapers.com!

In order to make it easier to find other Heroscape fans in your area, The staff at Heroscapers.com has decided to implement a standard for posting your location in your profile. Please remember that posting your location is completely at your discretion (~40% of the people on this board choose not to). If you choose to post it, please use the following format:

Code:
2 letter State abbreviation[space]-[space] City Name
Something like “IL – Chicago”

For our international members, the format is as follows:

Code:
*[space]Country[space]-[space]City
So you would get "* England - London"

Site staff will edit and reformat any profiles that display this information outside of this format, but will never edit custom locations such as "right here" or "Sunny South Beach."

This makes sorting through the user list by location much easier.

Also, check on this board for groups that may have formed in your area. You will be surprised how often people get together to play Heroscape.
Old May 16th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thanks Syd!! Well done!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:14 PM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
I just did another sweep through all the names on the board and re-formatted a lot of locations. I'll be continuing to monitor these.

Good news! Only 183 / 411 current members have their location set to be blank. This is a lower percentage than on the HSHQ.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:11 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Syd, you should up date your post with a link to the frapper map.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old August 21st, 2006, 03:40 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
Ah here is the original thread about this. . . The new format for addresses is posted here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=1994

There are also some other tips in that thread on finding local players.
Old October 16th, 2006, 04:24 PM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
Re: Finding other players on the boards by user locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydcomebak
Site staff will edit and reformat any profiles that display this information outside of this format, but will never edit custom locations such as "right here" or "Sunny South Beach."

I was under the assupmtion my location was a "custom" one and would not be changed.[/b]

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old October 16th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
Re: Finding other players on the boards by user locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly1hornedmule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydcomebak

I was under the assupmtion my location was a "custom" one and would not be changed.[/b]
Malechi recently went through all users profiles and if there was any location info included it got reformatted. If yours didn't have "MA" at the beginning then when you search the memberlist you would not show up with the rest of the people in MA. I would hope you keep the MA in front so that local scapers can find you, but you can still have the custom ending in place of the city. In the end, your location is your decision, but every once in a while we may make another formatting sweep and it may get changed again, but do not take that as a mandate.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old January 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM

BOMBMAN has disabled reputation
That's a great idea.

Infernals rule!
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:00 AM

Mindfreak is surprisingly tart
In the words of those two guys from that Guiness beer Comercial...BRILLIANT! PA - Pittsburgh
Old September 27th, 2007, 01:54 PM

Troy Spiral has disabled reputation
Edited my profile to conform with this convention. =)

Old September 27th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Spiral
Troy, you have just got to stop this! We cannot have our Newbs running around acting this way; you are going to corrupt the flow of the space/time continuum or something!

I mean, come on. Reading and complying with the stickies?! Posting articulately and using proper capitalization! And even using standard conventions of American English (only applicable for native English speakers from the US ).

Just think of the poor example you are showing for other n00bs by not using chat speak and not spamming the boards.

How could you???

You're gonna put me out of a job :P

In other words, welcome to the addictions (the game and the site)
Old October 1st, 2007, 05:19 PM

Troy Spiral has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Spiral
Troy, you have just got to stop this! We cannot have our Newbs running around acting this way; you are going to corrupt the flow of the space/time continuum or something!

I mean, come on. Reading and complying with the stickies?! Posting articulately and using proper capitalization! And even using standard conventions of American English (only applicable for native English speakers from the US ).

Just think of the poor example you are showing for other n00bs by not using chat speak and not spamming the boards.

How could you???

You're gonna put me out of a job :P

In other words, welcome to the addictions (the game and the site)

Haha =D

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers