Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 9th, 2018, 02:29 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Saw premiere of BumbleBee (Transformers prequel NOT written/directed by Bay). Was actually pretty good. They genderflipped main character to girl who was a lot less annoying than LaBeouf but still typical angsty teen drama. Was actually fairly funny and action was way better especially in that you can tell what is actually going on unlike “Bayhem”. Showed small flashbacks of Cybertron war with other transformers and that was cool part too. I would give the movie a Bee+ (sorry lame pun rating).

Also check out Lindsay Ellis’ YouTube series “The whole plate: film studies through the lens of Transformers” It’s Film 101 in a very entertaining way.
Old December 12th, 2018, 09:53 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Creed 2 was pretty good. It was a pretty by-the-numbers sequel, but I still enjoyed it. Acting was great as was the cinematography. If you liked the first one as much as I did I'd check it out.

Ralph Breaks the Internet. I could tell by the 5-minute mark that the filmmakers could not care less about the rules of the world they established in the first film. The relationship between the two main characters is as strong as ever, but the rest of it... It's more or less just as bad as Incredibles 2, so if you liked that one then you'll probably have no problem with this one either.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 16th, 2018, 01:45 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Not actually what I watched last night, but here is a Public Service Announcement for those with Netflix:

Blazing Saddles is now on Netflix.

You're welcome.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 16th, 2018, 02:00 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Not actually what I watched last night, but here is a Public Service Announcement for those with Netflix:

Blazing Saddles is now on Netflix.

You're welcome.
Thanks! I'll have to watch that with my daughters.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 16th, 2018, 04:04 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Just re-watched 2005's Constantine. It's a movie that is absolutely disrespectful to the source material it tries to adapt and...actually isn't terrible. It's fairly dumb action, but Keanu is always charming, and the casting of Tilda Swinton as the angel Gabriel is just brilliant.
Old December 16th, 2018, 05:11 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'll have to watch Blazing Saddles again.

I went and saw Mortal Engines on Friday. It was good, but not great. I was fully entertained for the 2 hours and I applaud them for giving us something new and ambitious. A different dystopian future for Earth in the distant future, which gives you a few laughs at current culture that somehow survived. Not a lot of that stuff though so they didn't over due it, and nothing too dumb like everyone having packs of cigarettes while living on boats for hundreds of years (Waterworld ). Then the fairly traditional bad guy does bad things with a group of different good people coming together to fight back for different reasons. Thought they moved a little too quickly from plot point to plot point and would have been happier with a 3 hour movie that slowed down to explore the world and characters a little more.
Old December 16th, 2018, 11:59 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'll have to watch Blazing Saddles again.

I went and saw Mortal Engines on Friday. It was good, but not great. I was fully entertained for the 2 hours and I applaud them for giving us something new and ambitious. A different dystopian future for Earth in the distant future, which gives you a few laughs at current culture that somehow survived. Not a lot of that stuff though so they didn't over due it, and nothing too dumb like everyone having packs of cigarettes while living on boats for hundreds of years (Waterworld ). Then the fairly traditional bad guy does bad things with a group of different good people coming together to fight back for different reasons. Thought they moved a little too quickly from plot point to plot point and would have been happier with a 3 hour movie that slowed down to explore the world and characters a little more.
Sounds like an extended directors cut may be worth watching out for down the road.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 21st, 2018, 04:12 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Saw premiere of BumbleBee (Transformers prequel NOT written/directed by Bay). Was actually pretty good. They genderflipped main character to girl who was a lot less annoying than LaBeouf but still typical angsty teen drama. Was actually fairly funny and action was way better especially in that you can tell what is actually going on unlike “Bayhem”. Showed small flashbacks of Cybertron war with other transformers and that was cool part too. I would give the movie a Bee+ (sorry lame pun rating).
I went to see Bumblebee, it was radical, best Transformers movie to date. Being set in the 80's helped. Not sure what the plan is over at Hasbro Studios, but I hope this one represents a reboot. I'd like to see more from this team. I know it's not financially feasible right now but I'd love to see a full movie just on the Cybertron shown in this one. Maybe eventually they can get there.
Old December 31st, 2018, 11:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I watched Isle of Dogs tonight with my family.

It was quite different, original and unique (as far as I'm concerned ). Different than I expected. We all really enjoyed it.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5104604/

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; January 1st, 2019 at 07:51 AM.
Old January 1st, 2019, 02:41 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Isle of Dogs is one of my favorite movies. I also love Wes Anderson’s other stop motion movie Fantastic Mister Fox, but Isle of dogs is unique and original movie. Only issue is not many people saw it because marketing was not sure who it is for. Is PG-13 I think only for a very realistic surgery scene and honestly nothing in appropriate for kids 8 and over, but the humor is sometimes very adult and only appreciated by probably those 18+. Basically is for those who want smart humor but also want to have childlike innocence while watching a movie.

Watched Mission Impossible: Fallout tonight with my parents on streaming rental. Saw it once in theater but was still great second time. It made most critics’ choice for best action movie this year, beating out superhero movies, but it’s not even the best MI movie, which just means 2018 was a mediocre year for non-superhero action movies.
Old January 2nd, 2019, 12:09 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Watched i to the Spider-verse with the family last week...it was excellent.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 2nd, 2019, 11:34 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I talked to @IshMEL today and he said the Spideyverse was great.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies