Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old August 22nd, 2018, 01:08 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: 12 Questions to Help Shape Our Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Funny that we have so much overlap there.
I think we're both into faction building and the big, iconic teams like Avengers, JLA, and X-Men.
Mutants used to be one of my favourite factions, and they're still pretty high up, but overuse and oversaturation has ticked them a tad down for me now.
I love the Mutants...I think they are a great introduction for newcomers...you can spend $25 and buy a bunch of Mutant figures with a few specific ones and build armies for days. And with all the transit from X-Men to Brotherhood to whatever other faction makes it even fit thematically...If we had a more Generically Mutant bonding Magneto that could match up with a Professor X army then you really could go all in on Mutants.

After that it's mostly DC for me except the MCU has really pulled me more to the Marvel side and I've enjoyed learning more of the histories of these characters through discovery while they were being designed.
Oh, yeah, don't get me wrong, they're a great faction, loads of fun to play and a great introduction to newcomers. It's because they're so good that they're most likely the army type I've played more than any other - and the fact that I've used them more than anything else is why I tend to prefer to go for something else when I can these days!
Yeah I've essentially broken them out separated from my collections as practically a different game. I have Mutant Scape...and everything else. I have one whole box of just Mutants. And typically if we pull out that box...we all play Mutant or anti Mutant armies. I'm excited to expand the Anti-Mutant synergies.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 22nd, 2018, 01:12 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I picked those top 5 because I like the way they play. They are fun, and generally, you see pretty consistent results from them that are positive. I've had many games where they were the MVP of that respective game, or made the difference. They are also worth drafting in many armies.

I strive for all my designs to be that way and take lots of inspiration from that.
Old August 24th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've only been playing with C3G for a couple of months, so take my answers with that in mind.

Top 5 favorite C3G designs?

Jason Voorhees
Frankenstein
Hired Guns
Wrecking Crew (only played 3 games with them but really fun)
Firestar

What 2 characters would you like to see represented that have yet to be made/released?

The Sentry

What 2 characters that have been made would you like to see a new version of?

Thor - I'm surprised that their is only one version of him.

What C3G design do you think needs a point bump?

Firestar - only played 4 or 5 games with her but has always pulled down double her points.

Or Moon Knight

What C3G design do you think needs a point decrease?

Dr Octopus I

What C3G design do you think needs re-evaluated power wise(buff or nerf)?

Not Sure

What is your favorite faction/synergy to use in C3G?

X-men
Wrecking Crew
Surprisingly TMNTs

What faction/synergy not yet represented in C3G would you like to see made?

Inhumans

What faction/synergy in C3G would you like to see receive expansion?

?

What glyph, spell, or Destructible Objects would you like to see?

?

As far as releases go, do you prefer bigger quarterly releases throughout the year, or smaller monthly releases?

More often, Monthly sounds good to me

Is there anything else you'd like to see or would like to mention that has not been covered above?

It seems like there are so many different ideas bouncing around that some designs get pushed for a few days, then forgotten about, then another one for a few days. As someone new, it seems overwhelming at times to keep track of a new design.

Old August 24th, 2018, 12:05 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
I've only been playing with C3G for a couple of months, so take my answers with that in mind.

Is there anything else you'd like to see or would like to mention that has not been covered above?

It seems like there are so many different ideas bouncing around that some designs get pushed for a few days, then forgotten about, then another one for a few days. As someone new, it seems overwhelming at times to keep track of a new design.

This kind of feedback is really useful to the project, so thank you for your insight. Can I ask if you mean design ideas being posted in the Public Design Workshop, or do you mean full-on design threads like Squirrel Girl and the dinos?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 24th, 2018, 06:38 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Scapemage I think it's more the nature of the beast. I think if you look at public design thread or personal threads the characters that get worked on bounce around so much for one character to another. At the same time I don't see another way to do it.
Old August 24th, 2018, 06:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think that if you want to really focus on one design, the best way is to split it out into a thread of its own.

Are Allies allowed to have Workshop threads?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 24th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I still have mine. Dredd verse.
Old August 24th, 2018, 06:56 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

We make the rules so I see no reason why not.
Old August 24th, 2018, 07:13 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I know when I was an Ally I was always trying not to step on anyone's toes or disrupt the current discussion, and I'd end up sitting on a lot of write-ups and not posting them. That's why I had such a huge backlog when I became a Sidekick. I wouldn't have any problem with Allies getting their own Workshop threads, to alleviate that kind of thing.
Old August 24th, 2018, 07:14 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Could I make the suggestion that instead of an ally having their own thread (which I’m not against) that workshops can be created according to “themes?” Similar to Tornado’s Dreddverse workshop or the old Marvel Cosmic thread.
Old August 24th, 2018, 07:28 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

1. Top 5 favorite C3G designs?
    In no particular order...
    Doctor Doom (C3G)
    Captain America (C3G)
    Graviton
    Two-Face (II)
    Huntress
  2. What 2 characters would you like to see represented that have yet to be made/released?
    Taskmaster
    Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau) (I think she's called Photon now but I only know her from earlier appearances)
  3. What 2 characters that have been made would you like to see a new version of?
    Black Panther
    Doctor Strange
  4. What C3G design do you think needs a point bump?
    Punisher
  5. What C3G design do you think needs a point decrease?
    Gambit
  6. What C3G design do you think needs re-evaluated power wise(buff or nerf)?
    Ronan has always felt underwhelming to me.
  7. What is your favorite faction/synergy to use in C3G?
    I like the Outcasts, regardless of how bad I am at using them.
  8. What faction/synergy not yet represented in C3G would you like to see made?
    Can't think of anything here.
  9. What faction/synergy in C3G would you like to see receive expansion?
    Alpha Flight
  10. What glyph, spell, or Destructible Objects would you like to see?
    I bet there's still plenty of design space for spells, but I don't know what would be particularly iconic.
  11. As far as releases go, do you prefer bigger quarterly releases throughout the year, or smaller monthly releases?
    Smaller monthly releases.
  12. Is there anything else you'd like to see or would like to mention that has not been covered above?
    Nope, other than to say that there are still a good number of units I haven't used, so my priorities for cards worth changing might not be the most critical for the project as a whole.
Old August 25th, 2018, 12:40 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't think I have a problem with Allies having a Workshop thread. They've worked hard to get to that point so if that is something the see as a value we should probably discuss and vote on it in the sanctum.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy