Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Notices

Old April 30th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: A Collection of Ideas

@lefton4ya

Thank you for taking the time to pre-format your entries. It certainly makes them easier to include them and is well appreciated.

Here's my recommendation for rewording glyph switch, let me know if you'd like to change it again.

Quote:
Glyph Switch (Lefton4ya)
Before revealing the treasure glyph choose an opponent. That player may choose to switch this treasure glyph with any other treasure glyph in play, even one already carried by another figure.
Old April 30th, 2010, 10:57 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
@lefton4ya

Thank you for taking the time to pre-format your entries. It certainly makes them easier to include them and is well appreciated.

Here's my recommendation for rewording glyph switch, let me know if you'd like to change it again.

Quote:
Glyph Switch (Lefton4ya)
Before revealing the treasure glyph choose an opponent. That player may choose to switch this treasure glyph with any other treasure glyph in play, even one already carried by another figure.
That is OK, except it makes it seem like you reveal the glyph no matter what after it is switched. But if is switched with another glyph on the map then it wound not get revealed - only if switched with one someone is carrying - at least that my idea behind what should happen. Also, being a trap, the hero who set off the trap does not get to pick up this or the switched glyph. Also remove "in Play" as to me this means just what people are carrying or revealed glyphs. So maybe:
Quote:
Glyph Switch (Lefton4ya)
Immediately after setting off the trap choose an opponent who may choose to switch this treasure glyph with any other treasure glyph, even one already carried by another figure.
Old April 30th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll post some traps that I use...
Unlucky Curse: Next three 20d rolls are automatically 1 (except rolling for traps via treasure glyphs).
Fatal wound trap: The user recieves 2 fatal wounds (upside-down wound markers). These wounds are fatal and cannot be healed.
Pitfall trap: The user falls into the next room and cannot move or attack (or be attacked) until a friendly figure moves next to them.
Giant Flash, trap of: User becomes stunned and cannot move or attack for a turn. Also, on the following enemy turn, that figure has -2 defense.
Summoning trap: Summons an unfriendly squad to attack or to reinforce the next room.
Gaint Stone trap: Roll 20d. If a 1-8 is rolled, the figure is destroyed. (obviously one of the more rare traps).

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 30th, 2010, 04:59 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

... And some treasures:

Glyph of Augers: Thermal vision: Allows user to see and attack through walls, figures, and obstacles. (Basically they don't need a line of sight to attack). Permanent.

Glyph of Red lightning; Arc Charger: Gives a range 5, attack 5, special attack. If this special attack is used 3 turns in a row, it is destroyed. You may increase its attack to 7 and then destroy it after attacking. Permanent (kinda).

Whirlwind token: Grants user Whirlwind attack for a turn. Temporary.

Blood beserk: Grants user Wounded smash ability. Permanent.

Frenzy Potion: Grants user "Frenzy 8" Ability for a turn. Temporary.

Glyph of Lexicon: death spell. Use instead of attacking. Choose an enemy up to six spaces away and roll 20d. If a 16 or higher is rolled, destroy the figure, then destroy this glyph. Temporary.

Sacred Ash: revives all of your destroyed figures to full life. Destroy all other glyphs, treasures, and coins your party has (if they have any). Temporary.

Glyph of Giants: Great Strength: Grants +3 attack for normal adjacent attacks. User rolls 1 less defense dice against normal adjacent attacks. Permanent.

Glyph of Northern Wind: Phantom Walk: Grants Phantom walk ability. Permanent.

Glyph of 7000: Overload: Only Soulborgs can use. Use during your turn to destroy user and all enemy figure within four spaces whose point value is equal to or less than the user's. Also destroys obstacles such as ruins.

Old May 1st, 2010, 01:51 PM

Bogusoid is surprisingly tart

Currently I am tossing around the idea of a device that allows the player(s) to summon elementals. If not a scenario-specific specialty, it could be a temporary treasure glyph called Scroll of Elemental Summoning.

The first effect that pops into my head is as follows:

Quote:
This figure may use this scroll before attacking. Roll the 20-sided die to summon an elemental under your control and place it onto any empty space adjacent to this figure. If you roll a 1-5, place an Air Elemental. If you roll a 6-10, place a Water Elemental. If you roll an 11-15, place an Earth Elemental. If you roll a 16-20, place a Fire Elemental. The summoned elemental is always destroyed at the end of a scenario and does not carry over into the following scenario.
I'm trying to think of a way to work the Greater Ice Elemental into the equation, but obviously he would have to be the rarest outcome. Seeing as you can evenly split the four elementals up on a 20-sided die, I'm not sure how to mathematically work the GIE in, or if I should at all.

Personally, I aim to play scenarios allowing Player 1 to only draft from Unique Heroes, so the possibility of elementals being drafted previously should not arise. However, there could be a problem if I use elementals as monsters in a scenario.

I'm the wiener, you're the bun. Come on over, let's have fun!

Confirmed Good Traders: tcglkn, DragonSlayer2
Old May 1st, 2010, 03:28 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Here's one way to do it, fwiw:

1-4 AE
5-8 EE
9-12 FE
13-16 WE
17-19 a small or medium elemental of your choice
20 GIE
Old May 1st, 2010, 05:34 PM

Having elementals as enemies was one of the biggest influences in my idea to have an Utgar heroes campaign. In the meantime, remember that some elementals cost more than others.

Old May 1st, 2010, 05:45 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogusoid View Post
Currently I am tossing around the idea of a device that allows the player(s) to summon elementals. If not a scenario-specific specialty, it could be a temporary treasure glyph called Scroll of Elemental Summoning.
If you're trying to go for something strictly generic that includes the GIE it looks like 1Mmirg's breakdown is the way to go. If it we're a particular scenario you're planning on it might curve more toward one or another. Each of the elementals tend to perform very specific jobs IMO. I would easily prefer to have one over another given the right situation and that's where 17-19 can really benefit the player.

Spoiler Alert!
Old May 1st, 2010, 06:39 PM

Bogusoid is surprisingly tart

Hey 1mimrg, that's not a bad idea. Good call! Instead of specifying by size, in case future small/medium elementals (if any come out) are actually far cheaper/more expensive than the four we have now, I might just word it as "place one of those four elementals of your choice."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
In the meantime, remember that some elementals cost more than others.
Two of them cost 30 and two of them cost 35, I hardly think that's a game-breaking imbalance.

I'm the wiener, you're the bun. Come on over, let's have fun!

Confirmed Good Traders: tcglkn, DragonSlayer2
Old May 4th, 2010, 03:57 PM

We apologize for the stupidity of our last remark.

More treasures I had forgotten about:

Throwing knife: Can be used instead of attacking. Range 5 Attack 5. Has 3 attack on huge figures. If the figure is destroyed by this attack, place the throwing knife where the destroyed figure was at the time of attack. If they survive, destroy the throwing knife.

Attack Shield 3: Can be used up to three times. Use during an attack roll. Reroll dice that weren't skulls.

Defense Shield 3: Can be used up to three times. Use during a defense roll. Reroll dice that weren't shields.

Extra dice 3: 1-time use. Use when rolling attack or defense dice. Add three dice to the number of dice you're rolling.

Potions: These can be up to two servings: They can be drunk by the one holding it at any time during their turn (only one serving per turn). Effects vary on potion type.
Types of potions: Normal: heals 2 wounds per serving. Super: Heals 4 wounds per serving. Miracle: Heals 4 wounds (even fatal) per serving, as well as negation.

Backpack: Takes up one space, and increases the number of items your hero can carry by 3. (for those of us who play with a limited number of space per hero ).

Old May 4th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Quote:

Throwing knife: Can be used instead of attacking. Range 5 Attack 5. Has 3 attack on huge figures. If the figure is destroyed by this attack, place the throwing knife where the destroyed figure was at the time of attack. If they survive, destroy the throwing knife.

Attack Shield 3: Can be used up to three times. Use during an attack roll. Reroll dice that weren't skulls.

Defense Shield 3: Can be used up to three times. Use during a defense roll. Reroll dice that weren't shields.

Extra dice 3: 1-time use. Use when rolling attack or defense dice. Add three dice to the number of dice you're rolling.

Potions: These can be up to two servings: They can be drunk by the one holding it at any time during their turn (only one serving per turn). Effects vary on potion type.
Types of potions: Normal: heals 2 wounds per serving. Super: Heals 4 wounds per serving. Miracle: Heals 4 wounds (even fatal) per serving, as well as negation.

Backpack: Takes up one space, and increases the number of items your hero can carry by 3. (for those of us who play with a limited number of space per hero ).
Hmm. I'm a little concerned about your treasures. The thing is in heroscape any ability that can be used more than once but only for a limited number of times is usually given markers or tokens, to serve as reminders for how many uses are left or how many times it has been used. It would be a big help if someone we're to find a good way to clearly word such an addendum. Cool limited use abilities would become more popular in limited play I think. Even if people only use wound markers marked with sharpie.

Until then I'm a little hesitant to add multiple use traps/treasures etc to the list. (Que person who finds something very similar to this description already on the list that slipped by me.)

I'm not opposed to the idea I just want to find an easy way to keep track and to phase it without taking up a ton of space.
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:31 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Quote:

Hmm. I'm a little concerned about your treasures. The thing is in heroscape any ability that can be used more than once but only for a limited number of times is usually given markers or tokens, to serve as reminders for how many uses are left or how many times it has been used. It would be a big help if someone we're to find a good way to clearly word such an addendum. Cool limited use abilities would become more popular in limited play I think. Even if people only use wound markers marked with sharpie.

Until then I'm a little hesitant to add multiple use traps/treasures etc to the list. (Que person who finds something very similar to this description already on the list that slipped by me.)

I'm not opposed to the idea I just want to find an easy way to keep track and to phase it without taking up a ton of space.
The simplist way to do this particulary the backpack (love the concept by the way) is custom cards that must be used with the glyphs, and markers for the x use items. a little playtesting to see if the multiuse items are balanced in a game.

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios