Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old February 25th, 2008, 03:57 PM

Necro has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro
Something that might also be good is a chart for matching the Apple Barrel and cheaper paints up to the Citadel/Hobby ones.

That would mean that I would have to buy both to compare them now wouldn't it?
Wow, someone's quite catty, aren't they? Shesus. Was suggesting for people to post as they hit the colors - you know, team effort.

But, since you're obviously doing this on your own and all, I won't step on your toes and help or suggest close matches.
Old February 25th, 2008, 04:22 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
Quote:
Something that might also be good is a chart for matching the Apple Barrel and cheaper paints up to the Citadel/Hobby ones.

That would mean that I would have to buy both to compare them now wouldn't it?
Wow, someone's quite catty, aren't they? Shesus. Was suggesting for people to post as they hit the colors - you know, team effort.

But, since you're obviously doing this on your own and all, I won't step on your toes and help or suggest close matches.

Didn't mean to sound catty..but if someone says that for example...the Kozuke Samurai's robes are Apple Barrell-XXX and someone else says Folk Art-XXX and another says Citadel XXX we will post all 3.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:17 PM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker
Very cool Idea to post out a universal brand/color chart for us customizers!

ALL ARE ONE
Old March 2nd, 2008, 09:54 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
On a lot of the figures, it's going to be tough to directly identify the original colors, as many of them have been darkened (or lightened) by the "wash" color.

Still an intriguing idea though, and I'll keep this thread in mind the next time I do some painting. I'm sure I can come up with a few.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old March 15th, 2008, 02:10 PM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker
Anyone know what colors to use to mimc the reddish brown wash they use on marrow? Su-bak-na needs a coat of whatever it is.

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old March 15th, 2008, 02:35 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox22
Anyone know what colors to use to mimc the reddish brown wash they use on marrow? Su-bak-na needs a coat of whatever it is.
I would use something like, red ochre mixed with a touch of black.
Old March 15th, 2008, 11:15 PM

dracothehalfdragon has disabled reputation
a mix of 1 part black and 4 part golden yellow apple barrel is an incredibly close (only slightly darker than) swamp water color, also, English Ivy Green (also apple barrel) is slightly lighter, a mix of the two may yeild the exact color, i have yet to try this though.

No more giant sigs
Old March 15th, 2008, 11:23 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracothehalfdragon
a mix of 1 part black and 4 part golden yellow apple barrel is an incredibly close (only slightly darker than) swamp water color, also, English Ivy Green (also apple barrel) is slightly lighter, a mix of the two may yeild the exact color, i have yet to try this though.
Get to it man!!! (and report back please)
Old March 24th, 2008, 11:45 AM

fshmatt has disabled reputation
Acryllic or model paint

I am just getting into custom creating, and I am wondering about paint. I picked up some model paint at Michaels because I wasn't sure if acrylic paint would stick well and/or stay on well. For those of you who have used it, does it work well?

Each prayer a drop, eventually the bucket will tip.
Old March 24th, 2008, 11:56 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Acryllic or model paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshmatt
I am just getting into custom creating, and I am wondering about paint. I picked up some model paint at Michaels because I wasn't sure if acrylic paint would stick well and/or stay on well. For those of you who have used it, does it work well?
Yep!. Just primer the figure before painting.
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:56 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Re: "Official" Paint Index

My generic humanoid skin color is Apple Barrel Carmel Candy. It seems almost identical to the original colors on HS figures. Occasionally I'll add a dab or White or Burnt Umber if I want to make it lighter or darker (respectively...)
Old June 28th, 2008, 11:56 PM

knightslash56 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: "Official" Paint Index

i took the idea of takeing the ornak riders off , now all i need is the color for there wolf things. if possible could anyone reply what color they are

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions