Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old February 8th, 2018, 02:57 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Laser etched replacement dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Quote:
Sorry to post on a quiet thread but I had a question about my dice. I got the 2nd edition dice that can fade and mine are very bad. I've tried using sharpie but those fade, then nail polish but everything fades. I will need to start using other dice soon but are too stubborn to give up on these. Is there anyway to preserve my original dice? Thanks.
To be honest I am not sure what others have done to preserve the original ones. This is why I created these custom ones to replace them. Custom dice are fairly expensive though.
I do not have access to a 3D printer or a lathe to cut the ones I have and am not trying to spend a lot of money on just dice at this moment. I was thinking colored tape but it may skew results of rolls i layered unevenly.
If you are thinking tape I'd just paint red and blue dots on the dice...As long as there is something there you don't actually need the full representation of a skull or shield. When I first plated C3G I only had Red and Blue dice and they needed the white ones...I painted regular dice with three red and two blue sides...worked great for a long time until we started expanding our collection of terrain...now we have a sizable lot of dice and we just rotate them constantly...and we stopped rolling them on the table.

Link above is an old picture I found.
Ahh paint why didn't I think of that! I'll paint them when I get home. Stupid question but if you don't roll them on the table where do you roll them?
Cork or felt lined box. Quieter and more gentle on the dice.
Sounds fancy. I have a leather pool table cover. That might work.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old February 8th, 2018, 03:19 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I beliebe I’ve read that the pils in your hands also contribute to wearing out the paint. So watch out for that @itsbuzzi

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 8th, 2018, 04:01 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry to post on a quiet thread but I had a question about my dice. I got the 2nd edition dice that can fade and mine are very bad. I've tried using sharpie but those fade, then nail polish but everything fades. I will need to start using other dice soon but are too stubborn to give up on these. Is there anyway to preserve my original dice? Thanks.
To be honest I am not sure what others have done to preserve the original ones. This is why I created these custom ones to replace them. Custom dice are fairly expensive though.
I do not have access to a 3D printer or a lathe to cut the ones I have and am not trying to spend a lot of money on just dice at this moment. I was thinking colored tape but it may skew results of rolls i layered unevenly.
If you are thinking tape I'd just paint red and blue dots on the dice...As long as there is something there you don't actually need the full representation of a skull or shield. When I first plated C3G I only had Red and Blue dice and they needed the white ones...I painted regular dice with three red and two blue sides...worked great for a long time until we started expanding our collection of terrain...now we have a sizable lot of dice and we just rotate them constantly...and we stopped rolling them on the table.

Ahh paint why didn't I think of that! I'll paint them when I get home. Stupid question but if you don't roll them on the table where do you roll them?
It's about as far from fancy as you can get...I had some scrap cork board sheets from my desk at work and we just trimmed it to fit a small wooden box we happen to have. I think it actually had a tear in it so it wasn't going to work at the office and they were throwing it out...I was able to cut around the hole and get a piece the size I needed.

In another case we used a sheet of foam like paper my son had left over from a school project...they come in lots of colors in 8.5x11 or 11x17" sheets from about anywhere from Walmart and target to office supply stores. It was like $3 for the whole pack.

EDIT: actually the craft foam sheets are 12x18 and you can get them at Micheal's craft store for $1 each if you don't need all the colors.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 8th, 2018, 04:15 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's about as far from fancy as you can get...I had some scrap cork board sheets from my desk at work and we just trimmed it to fit a small wooden box we happen to have. I think it actually had a tear in it so it wasn't going to work at the office and they were throwing it out...I was able to cut around the hole and get a piece the size I needed.

In another case we used a sheet of foam like paper my son had left over from a school project...they come in lots of colors in 8.5x11 or 11x17" sheets from about anywhere from Walmart and target to office supply stores. It was like $3 for the whole pack.

EDIT: actually the craft foam sheets are 12x18 and you can get them at Micheal's craft store for $1 each if you don't need all the colors.
I'll have to look into making myself a rolling box seems cheap enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I beliebe I’ve read that the pils in your hands also contribute to wearing out the paint. So watch out for that @itsbuzzi
Yes this is something I have noticed with these dice as you hold them. I wish I got the 1st edition dice those don't seem to wear out.

Old November 14th, 2018, 10:49 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

@itsbuzzi - I'm guessing you've already solved your dice problem, but if not, you can get Heroscape dice pretty cheap from Auggies Game Store.
Old November 14th, 2018, 10:54 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
@itsbuzzi - I'm guessing you've already solved your dice problem, but if not, you can get Heroscape dice pretty cheap from Auggies Game Store.
Yeah for sure, I have too many dice these days. But I do like my deluxe laser etched ones They are a bit larger to...so they are fun to chuck.
Old November 14th, 2018, 03:32 PM

Oh gosh forgot about this post. I got so much dice from getting all the flag bearer sets I don't think I'll ever have a dice problem again but thanks for the response!

Old November 16th, 2018, 10:27 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Cool; sorry for the Necro...I was looking at mcmeeple's space ship map, and then I started looking at the stuff in his signature and came across this.
Old November 16th, 2018, 10:56 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Cool; sorry for the Necro...I was looking at mcmeeple's space ship map, and then I started looking at the stuff in his signature and came across this.
It's all good. I have seen sets where the dice are worn blank. I now have such an epic amount of dice its almost silly. But I guess if your getting into this from nothing some new dice might be nice. Tough printing them is kind of expensive. GameCrafter does offer full color printed dice now that are much cheaper, I keep meaning to set those up for purchase...but I keep putting it off.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions