Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old December 29th, 2014, 07:22 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Shrug

It's certainly better. Fire Elementals are missing (although admittedly dok had to remind me of that one) as is Sudema. You also have Isamu listed as variable at the beginning and pawn in the meat of the article. It's overall not bad, but I do think what Foudzing mentioned of placing Isamu once he vanishes to minimize further attacks needs to be added at the very least. I don't think there's a whole ton of strategy to Isamu but as far as an article about what strategy is there it's much improved from the first read through. Also you may want to bold TKN and the other things you added in to match the other's format.

~Dysole, informationally

EDIT: dok pointed out to me that the additional following figures can add autowounds or instakill Isamu while avoiding vanish.

Hounds
Kee-Mo-Shi
Cyprien
DW7k
Mogrimm
Frost Giant
Nakitas
Arkmer
Greater Ice Elemental
Rechets

Last edited by Dysole; December 29th, 2014 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Happy dok? :p
Old December 29th, 2014, 07:33 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Isamu Strategy Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Is there any auto-kill figure from D/D or Classic scape I missed?
Lots, if we cound autowounds, which we should. All three engagement strikers, FEs, Frosty, Mogrimm, Sudema, Cyprien, DW7k, Marrden Hounds, Kee-Mo-Shi, and Rechets. More that I forgot too, probably.
Old December 29th, 2014, 07:35 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Lots, if we cound autowounds, which we should. All three engagement strikers, FEs, Frosty, Mogrimm, Sudema, Cyprien, DW7k, Marrden Hounds, Kee-Mo-Shi, and even Kelda (roll a 1). More that I forgot too, probably.
You can't kill Isamu with Kelda. Kelda requires a wounded hero. Isamu can't take wounds or else he dies.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 29th, 2014, 07:37 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Lots, if we cound autowounds, which we should. All three engagement strikers, FEs, Frosty, Mogrimm, Sudema, Cyprien, DW7k, Marrden Hounds, Kee-Mo-Shi, and even Kelda (roll a 1). More that I forgot too, probably.
You can't kill Isamu with Kelda. Kelda requires a wounded hero. Isamu can't take wounds or else he dies.
Ah, drat. I liked that idea. I also had forgotten rechets, whose poisonous sting gets past vanish.
Old December 29th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

May as well just put "Avoid auto-wounders" as a single category in and of itself.

As far as optimal undiscussed strategies with this ten-pointer, I guess just don't let him get completely surrounded by shooters if you wanna Vanish out of range.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 29th, 2014, 07:40 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Ah, drat. I liked that idea. I also had forgotten rechets, whose poisonous sting gets past vanish.
Killing people with Kelda is really fun. My friend was rolling a d20 for Kelda to heal Nilfheim, who had 2 life left. I really hoped he would roll a one. He rolled a three. I guess we could add Wannok to the list.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 29th, 2014, 07:44 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Example

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
May as well just put "Avoid auto-wounders" as a single category in and of itself.

As far as optimal undiscussed strategies with this ten-pointer, I guess just don't let him get completely surrounded by shooters if you wanna Vanish out of range.

~TAF
Like this?

NOTE: The Snipers are Microcorp Troopers and the Samurai are Dreadguls. Top downs for them didn't exist yet.

~Dysole, who actually did this on complete accident
Old December 29th, 2014, 09:10 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
I really should write more, possibly about my friend Brunak?

@Owlman , I'd encourage you to go nitpick at the other strategy articles. I wrote a handful, and they're scattered across the books. Maybe it'll encourage me to write the other 2 I've wanted to write.

Places to start looking:
Omnicron Repulsors
Syvarris
Einar Imperium
Empress Kiova
Retiarius
Deepwyrm Drow
Deathwalker 9000
Raelin 2

Have fun!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; December 29th, 2014 at 09:13 PM. Reason: *sobs* At this rate, I'll never get the urge to profess my affections for Shiori.
Old December 29th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Example

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:

~TAF
Like this?

NOTE: The Snipers are Microcorp Troopers and the Samurai are Dreadguls. Top downs for them didn't exist yet.

OH Season 7, I played on this very map against blackwulf23 with very similar machup, he played Isamu and did exactly the same thing, I was quite proud of myself.

This can happen only on very few maps tho.

Old December 29th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I honestly can't see why you would negrep this guy unless you really thought he was trolling (which is definitely a possibility). But if he isn't, than you're just attacking a new, enthusiastic member of the site, which is a far bigger crime than using Isamu midgame.
I'm not trolling. I just disagree with how most posters seem to think Isamu has only one purpose, and If I don't agree with them, I'm a troll and I'm wrong.
That's not what anyone is saying! Nobody is being hard on you for having an unpopular opinion. It's the way in which you are clearly too inexperienced to be lecturing everybody on how to use Isamu, but you are carrying on as if you are an expert. Who wants everyone's help in writing his lecture. It's irritating, like if (as @Foudzing said) a chess player without competitive experience in that game signed up to a chess forum, and started lecturing a bunch of people who have been playing for years about how to use their queens.

It's not the opinion. It's the manner in which it's expressed.

I really can't explain this any better than I have, I'll just say that even in your most recent posts in this thread you make it clear that your experience playing this game does not qualify you to write a strategy article. Not (just) because you haven't played competitively, but because you don't appear to know what you're talking about. It's no one thing, like when to use Isamu, it's lots of things. And that's ok! It just means you should give your students a rest, while you get a better grasp of the material yourself.

I'm not judging. I haven't written any strategy articles either. We all contribute in different ways.

What I would like *you* to offer, if you care to do so, is battle reports. Heaven knows there are never enough of them, and if you can take some pictures, so much the better. It's how I really got my start here, and I cherish that thread, linked in my sig. Or do something else. But you should really stop lecturing people on how to play better, because it's doing a disservice to the positive enthusiasm you want to share.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 29th, 2014, 11:47 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Example

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:

~TAF
Like this?

And because I'm a horrible strategist and thought it a good idea to put isamu in a corner with foes on every side.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old December 30th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I think the 4th. Mass are farther down the list than the top ten, (which is my opinion) and some posters just said I'm wrong. (Which is also their opinion.)

I tried to list several ways that Isamu can be used effectively (meant for casual AND competitive play) and again, I am told I am simply wrong. (Even though I've used the same strategies I've proposed to great effect. All of them.)
Man, that's the problem in all your threads, when it comes to strategy you never admit your wrong. You keep saying "Yeah... I still think 4th Mass are not in top ten, it's my opnion it won't change".
When everyone here told you 4th Mass is definitely in the top ten, it's not their own opinion anymore, it's complete facts and truth.
So yeah we are right and you are wrong, if you don't want to believe us and want to follow only your own opinion, OK that's good. But then don't write things that are completely wrong especially with a title which do not say that it's your one and only opinion at all.

Note: This is not true when talking about Quahon or Sirroco. Kappa

This is a strategy "guide", guides are supposed to help you go towards the right way, not the opposite.

Also you say "I've use this strategy to great effect", yes but only in casual, because you said you never attended any Heroscape tournament.
Yes in casual, Isamu midgame is cool and 4th Mass ar e**** because you only have 2 squads of them. But this site doesn't talk much about casual because casual play change a lot from one home to another (due to collection, numbers of players, space available, time available etc...)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles