Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
The Book of Moon Knight

The Book of Moon Knight

C3G MARVEL WAVE 19
PATRIOT GAMES

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Critical Mass set.
Its model number and name are #025-27 / Moon Knight.
Its model number and name are #209 / Marc Spector.
Character Bio - Before becoming Moon Knight, Marc Spector had been a prize fighter, served two tours as a Marine and served as a field agent in the CIA. After leaving the CIA he became a soldier for hire, where he met and befriended Frenchie Duchamp. The two took on well paying assignments mostly in Africa and South America, and Marc invested his earnings wisely. They took on a job in Sudan for Raoul Bushman, who was in the business for the killing, whereas Spector and Duchamp were in it for the money. After Bushman massacred a village and killed an archaeologist named Peter Alraune in search of a an Egyption Pharoh's tomb, Spector had enough and took the Alraune's daughter Marlene to safety in the tomb. He then challenged Bushman, but was mortally wounded. He managed to get back to the tomb before collapsing, where Marlene and Spector's crew got him back into the tomb and laid him at the feet of an idol of Khonshu. Spector's spirit encountered Khonshu, who offered to save his life if he would serve him, and Spector agreed. When he awoke, he thought the encounter just a hallucination, then went and punished Bushman's men, but Bushman escaped.

Spector left the mercenary business to move to New York with Duchamp and Marlene Alraune, who was now his lover. He wanted to do some good, so he decided to fight crime as Moon Knight. He developed other personae as well, such as Steven Grant, a financier, and Jake Lockley, a cab driver. While Steven Grant took Spector's investments and made more money, Jake Lockley developed a network of informants to help him fight crime as Moon Knight. Over time, his four personae of Marc Spector, Steven Grant, Jake Lockley, and Moon Knight had put mental stress on Spector, but it had served to save him later in his career when a powerful enemy had tried but failed to mind control him while he was rescuing the West Coast Avengers in ancient Egypt. He later joined the West Coast Avengers for a while, but then left with Tigra and Mockingbird after a disagreement the three had with the rest of the team regarding killing. Since then, Moon Knight had breakdowns and did some killing as a vigilante, urged on by the spirit of Khonshu. But eventually got his act together and returned after self-exile to prove that he can fight crime without killing. He has since served Commander Rogers by infiltrating Daredevil's Shadowland fortress when he was taken over by a demon of the Hand and then served Commander Rogers as a member of the Secret Avengers.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Can you use Frenchie's Airdrop to drop Moon Knight into an area below an overhang?
  • A: No. Just like you cannot with the Airborne Elite.
  • Q: Can you move and attack with Moon Knight after placing him on the battlefield with Frenchie's Airdrop?
  • A: No. Placing Moon Knight on the battlefield with Frenchie's Airdrop is considered Moon Knight's move for that turn.
  • Q: Does using Frenchie's Airdrop to place Moon Knight either on the battlefield or on his card count as taking a turn with Moon Knight?
  • A: Yes.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
Benefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:59 PM. Reason: png
Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:01 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Moon Knight - Vote for playtesting

NAME = MOON KNIGHT
SECRET IDENTITY = MARC SPECTOR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 150

FRENCHIE’S AIRDROP
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, if Moon Knight is on the battlefield, you may immediately place him on this card. Moon Knight will take any leaving engagement attacks before being placed on this card. Order Markers may still be placed and revealed on this card normally. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, if Moon Knight is on this card and not destroyed, you may immediately place him on any empty space on the battlefield and attack with him.

CAPE GLIDE
After being placed on the battlefield by Frenchie’s Airdrop, or if Moon Knight ends his move 5 or more levels lower than his original placement, you may add 1 automatic skull to Moon Knight’s normal attack this turn if he attacks an adjacent figure. Moon Knight never takes falling damage.

CRESCENT DARTS
Instead of attacking normally with Moon Knight, you may choose up to two different figures within 5 clear sight spaces of Moon Knight. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each chosen figure. If you roll 9 or higher, the chosen figure receives 1 wound.

Last edited by Hahma; March 3rd, 2021 at 06:53 AM.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:14 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Moon Knight - Design Phase

Cool Great design Hahma. Looks like a fun addition to the Fighter/Crime Fighter faction.

A little surprised to see him as a Fighter instead of Crime Fighter, but you know the character much better than I do.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Initial thoughts are that he's worth a good bit more than 150-60, probably more in the low 200s. I agree that I'm surprised he's not a Crime Fighter and I was surprised that you didn't make him Insane, but Unstable fits him well too.

I really like the power set here, nice work. requiring OMs for the Airlift power is a good way to keep him balanced with Luke Cage.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:22 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think Unstable works if you want to keep him out of the Insane faction.

I agree about the cost. Looks at least 180-190 IMO. Not worried about that now though.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks GP. Believe me, this is something I have worked on and wanted for a very long time, as in years. Just before re-joining C3G, I worked on it a little with Margloth, who added the version of Crescent Darts with the D20, though I lowered it from 11 to 9 since he's extremely accurate with them, though they don't cause much damage.

Regarding Fighter vs. Crime Fighter. Well actually he was originally going to be a Vigilante, which could work too. Then I was thinking that he's done some work as part of a team on occasions with the West Coast Avengers a long time ago and recently with the Secret Avengers. I was thinking Crime Fighter then, but Spidey reminded me of the time that MK cut the face off of one of his enemies, Bushmaster. So with that extra edge and potential brutal methods, he might not be good to be considered a Crime Fighter in the same way that Spider-Man is.

So, I figured Fighter would still get him the synergy with Luke Cage for the occasional bonding so it would still work the way Crime Fighter would. Not to mention that Moon Knight could be more like Wolverine in the way that they are "good" but can have some nasty sides. Also, Marc Spector was a golden gloves boxer when he was younger as well as a mercenary at the time he became Moon Knight. So "fighter" seemed like it could fit well also.

Actually, more recently, he has been used often as an undercover operative. Steve Rogers had MK go undercover (even letting some Hand Ninjas kick his ass) to get captured and be an "inside man" in the possessed Daredevil's Shadowland complex. Steve Rogers also had MK infiltrate another enemy base for the Secret Avengers.

This guy has done a lot of cool stuff and is a great comic character that has gotten a bad rap as a Batman ripoff. But in fact, he and Bats are nothing alike other than being badass rich guys that fight crime. But there are a ton of differences.

I only wish there was a way to have him not get taken control of, because he has multiple personalities and it's kind of a big deal that he can't be mind controlled because of the other personalities. But the other powers I have for him are very iconic and appropriate. So just like other insane character in designs can get mind controlled, it can work for MK too.

Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:46 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Initial thoughts are that he's worth a good bit more than 150-60, probably more in the low 200s. I agree that I'm surprised he's not a Crime Fighter and I was surprised that you didn't make him Insane, but Unstable fits him well too.

I really like the power set here, nice work. requiring OMs for the Airlift power is a good way to keep him balanced with Luke Cage.
Yeah, I made a couple tweaks but forgot to adjust his cost. I don't know about low 200's though. I mean he has to use an OM to get onto his card and an OM to get off of it, so it's not like he can do it all the time during the game. Plus he will take leaving engagement attacks when getting placed onto his card, so that can help keep it from being over done without risk.

Unless he gets to use the Airlift/Drop or jump off of decent height, he's just has an attack of 4 with a range of 4 like Mockingbird. The Crescent Darts are nice, but not overbearing and can be tweaked to tone it down some if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
I think Unstable works if you want to keep him out of the Insane faction.

I agree about the cost. Looks at least 180-190 IMO. Not worried about that now though.
Yeah, I don't really want him hanging with the Insane crew. While I had considered it quite a bit and technically at different times he could be considered Insane, but it wouldn't stop others from taking control of him and I figured that it just wouldn't be right for him to be hanging with Harley, Deadpool and the Arkham Inmates.

Old December 23rd, 2011, 11:01 PM

With all of that background info in mind Fighter really does sound like the best fit. Good comparison to Wolverine too.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 11:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Some pix:

Old December 23rd, 2011, 11:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Comic images:

Old December 23rd, 2011, 11:41 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Definitely a cool and useful design that will be fun to play.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 11:47 PM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks Griff

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library