Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 8th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
The Book of Jesse Quick

The Book of Jesse Quick

C3G DC WAVE 25
THE JUSTICE SOCIETY

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Unleashed set.
Its model number and name are #067-069 / Jesse Quick.
Its model number and name are #215 / Jesse Chambers.

ALTERNATE CARDS:
Spoiler Alert!

Character Bio - Born into the life of superheroics as the daughter of two Golden Age heroes, Jessica Chambers became a crime fighter at a young age. Learning to use the formula “3x2(9yZ)4A” that he father, Johnny Quick, invented, she took the name Jesse Quick to fight by her father’s side. Later, after her father’s death, she joined the Teen Titans. When Wally West needed help fighting the evil speedster Zoom, Jesse gave him her powers, which she didn’t regain. After joining the Justice Society of America and falling in love with Rick Tyler, Jesse took up her mother’s mantle and became the second Liberty Belle, channeling her mother’s super strength and invulnerability. But when the life of one of Jesse’s best friends, Damage, was put in danger by Zoom, Jesse discovered she could still tap into her father’s powers by once again reciting “3x2(9yZ)4A”.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Exactly how does 3x2(9yZ)4A work with multiple opponent figures that are standing on varying levels of height in relation to Jesse Quick?
  • A: The first attack "locks in" a number of attack dice to roll, and every subsequent attack after that is based on the initial roll. Lets do an example: If Jesse Quick (with 4 Attack) had height advantage on the first target, she would be able to use 3x2(9yZ)4A for 2 attacks (using 5 and then 4 dice), regardless of who she attacked after the first attack.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Jesse Quick may be drafted into an army with a Jesse Chambers figure that is a Protégé and boosts that figure with her Metagenes special power. Current Jesse Chambers figures that are Protégés: Liberty Belle.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 07:55 PM. Reason: png
Old September 8th, 2015, 03:18 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Jesse Quick - Design Phase

NAME = JESSE QUICK
SECRET IDENTITY = JESSE CHAMBERS

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN
PERSONALITY = CONFIDENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 10
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 120

METAGENES
You may draft one other Jesse Chambers figure that is a Protégé. Place Jesse Quick's figure on the other Jesse Chambers’ card. While Jesse Quick’s figure is on the other Jesse Chambers’ card, that Jesse Chambers adds 5 to her Move number and may use any special powers on this card in addition to her own. If any of Jesse Quick’s special powers refer to Jesse Quick or Jesse Quick’s card, they refer to the other Jesse Chambers or the other Jesse Chambers’ card instead.

SUPERSPEED
Jesse Quick may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop her movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with Jesse Quick, if she did not use her Flying special power this turn, she may move up to an additional 4 spaces without using the Flying special power.

3x2(9yZ)4A
When Jesse Quick attacks, she may attack one additional time, rolling 1 fewer attack die for the second attack. After rolling defense dice with Jesse Quick, you may immediately move her up to 4 spaces.

FLYING

ORIGINAL DESIGN:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Viegon; April 12th, 2016 at 04:26 PM.
Old September 8th, 2015, 03:19 PM

So this one we discussed over in Liberty Belle’s thread, where we worked out the above write-up. However, since we last discussed her, I’ve come up with a few of changes I’d like to make:
1) Instead of having Liberty Belle get placed on Jesse Quick and boosting her up, I want to switch it so Jesse Quick’s figure goes on Liberty Belle’s card. Mechanically it’s not much different, but it’s a lot more thematic (she stayed with the name Liberty Belle even after she had both power sets).
2) I want to give her a Speed Dodge-lite effect (the movement after defending but not the blank=auto-defend). I think it’d make her slightly more interesting and more in-line with the other speedsters, but it will also make the combined version better (which I worry won’t be worth the combined cost right now).
3) I want to split 3x2(9yZ)4A into two powers (the generic Superspeed power and 3x2(9yZ)4A). The main reason is to keep the one power from getting too crowded, but also to keep her consistent with the other DC speedsters (which also gives us the ability to catch them all for synergy by just naming Superspeed and Speed Force, which is my plan for Jay).

Put together, we’d get something like:

Quote:
METAGENES
You may draft one other Jesse Chambers figure that is a Protégé. Place Jesse Quick on the other Jesse Chambers’ card. While Jesse Quick’s figure is on the other Jesse Chamber’s card, that Jesse Chambers adds 5 to her Move number and may use any special powers on this card in addition to her own. If any of Jesse Quick’s special powers refer to Jesse Quick or Jesse Quick’s card, they refer to the other Jesse Chambers or the other Jesse Chambers’ card instead.

SUPERSPEED
Jesse Quick may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop her movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with Jesse Quick, if Jesse Quick did not attack more than one time this turn, Jesse Quick may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

3x2(9yZ)4A
Jesse Quick may attack with her normal attack up to 2 times at any point before, during, or after her normal move as long as she is on a space where she could end her movement. After rolling defense dice with Jesse Quick, you may immediately move her up to 4 spaces.
Thoughts?

ADDITIONAL COMIC ART:
Spoiler Alert!

Old September 8th, 2015, 04:21 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Flying + Superspeed always feels odd to me. Not much we can do about it, though... I guess we could swap out the "multiple attacks" bit for Flying but that'd be theme over balance.

Overall seems fine - pretty standard speedster with the Metagenes being the most interesting bit (I agree with your reasoning on the switch by the way).
Old September 8th, 2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Flying + Superspeed always feels odd to me. Not much we can do about it, though... I guess we could swap out the "multiple attacks" bit for Flying but that'd be theme over balance.
I agree with Flying and Superspeed being weird on the same card, but both are necessary thematically. I like your suggestion for using Flying as the limitation for Superspeed, but then the extra movement gets a little weird with 3x2(9yZ)4A. Maybe remove the move while attacking part? She'd then have a basic multi-attack that she'd get to move after using.

Brainstorming that direction, maybe:

Quote:
SUPERSPEED
Jesse Quick may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop her movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with Jesse Quick, if Jesse Quick did not use her Flying special power this turn, Jesse Quick may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

3x2(9yZ)4A
When Jesse Quick attacks with her normal attack, she may attack two additional times. Roll 1 less attack die for each subsequent attack. After rolling defense dice with Jesse Quick, you may immediately move her up to 4 spaces.

Old September 8th, 2015, 06:35 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Shouldn't she have Superstrength? Wikipedia says she can lift a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 8th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

That'd definitely assuage some of the weirdness. Your call if you'd prefer that take over the prior one, though.
Old September 8th, 2015, 06:49 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

I thought the addition of Superspeed meant the subtraction of Flying.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 8th, 2015, 08:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Did she really have Flying at the same time as she was Jesse Quick and super speeding all over? I don't recall her ever flying when I read stories with her in the pages of Flash during Wally West's run in the 90s.

Other than hashing out the flying thing, I definitely like the overall direction (especially the placement of her on Liberty Belle's card instead of vice versa).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 8th, 2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Shouldn't she have Superstrength? Wikipedia says she can lift a car.
Not at this point of her character. When she was Jesse Quick, she was just a speedster. Later, she lost her speed powers but gained her mother's super strength and invulnerability, and started going as Liberty Belle. After that she regained her superspeed and used it in-conjunction with her super strength, sticking with the name Liberty Belle.

The three different phases of her character are being represented by the two designs. Jesse Quick by herself represents her early career, Liberty Belle by herself represents the middle period, and the two of them combined into one represent her later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
I thought the addition of Superspeed meant the subtraction of Flying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Did she really have Flying at the same time as she was Jesse Quick and super speeding all over? I don't recall her ever flying when I read stories with her in the pages of Flash during Wally West's run in the 90s.

Other than hashing out the flying thing, I definitely like the overall direction (especially the placement of her on Liberty Belle's card instead of vice versa).
I don't know her as Jesse Quick that well, but I was under the impression she could fly. Quoting Spidey from Liberty Belle's thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
OK, here's what I recall (up until New 52, I read all of JSA since its re-inception right after Grant Morrison's JLA took off.) Jesse originally was just a speedster following in her father's footsteps, although she alone had the power to fly. Later, after some issues with Wally wanting her to be the Flash and her not feeling up to it, she lost her ability to move at superhuman speeds (just like Wally did at one time.) She then visited her mother and discovered that she also inherited her powers (this was around the time the JSA was re-forming.) Shortly after they rechartered, she realized she still had both sets of powers. Most of her time in the JSA (spanning several years and more or less a hundred issues), she had both of their powers. Briefly, when asked to join Dick Grayson's Justice League (written by famed Starman writer, James Robinson), she re-claimed the mantle of Jesse Quick with both sets of powers. After Robinson's run on Justice League (17 issues featuring her), she went back to the JSA and Liberty Belle.

Old September 8th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I agree that Flying and Superspeed is weird, but if we're stuck with it, we're stuck with it.

Other than that, I like your latest direction. I am worried that triple attack on the combined version would be too strong. I'm willing to let testing show on that one though. Or you could try it as a Special Attack.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old September 8th, 2015, 10:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
I agree that Flying and Superspeed is weird, but if we're stuck with it, we're stuck with it.
Yeah, I think the primary thing to figure out is whether or not that's true. I'm not 100% convinced that it was iconic for her to fly at all stages in her Jesse Quick career. And I think the design is stronger if she can't, honestly.
@Spidey'tilIDie - any thoughts?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library