Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old August 1st, 2013, 05:12 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The CEE's Picture Battle Reports- New 7/20!

BMW for the win.
Old August 1st, 2013, 05:27 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The CEE's Picture Battle Reports- New 8/1!

19-15

CEE

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old August 1st, 2013, 05:52 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

14-16

My first thought was CEE, but I think I'll go with BMW.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:47 AM

Jdao is surprisingly tart

starting my first prediction

I'm going for CEE.
Old August 26th, 2013, 08:20 AM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Hello everyone. Sorry for the long delay on battle 109. Don't worry, the game has been played and the report will be made (eventually). But for today, I do have a new tournament report for you. It's not my usual PtV format, but I hope you enjoy it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
Here are my battle reports detailing my experience at The Gathering tournament in Albany, New York.

I was debating between army builds for quite a few weeks leading up to the tournament. At first I experimented with a super cheesy Q9, Kaemon, Raelin, Rats x3 army list. However, I didn't like having only two figures I could rely on to kill anything. Plus Rats aren't exactly my favorite unit to play.

Next I tried out a Nilfheim, Greenscales x4, Raelin army list. With this army I have my eggs all in one basket, because if Nilheim dies I don't stand a chance.

I also briefly experimented with a Glads/Blasts build. I can be a slow player at times, and I was concerned moving eight figures every turn would give me too much to think about in a timed event. I was also worried about not having any special attacks.

So I finally settled on this as my 510 point army:

Major Q9
Marro Stingers x4
Raelin (RotV)
Isamu

I thought the Stingers and Q9 would do an excellent job covering each others weaknesses. The Stingers could deal with any powerhouse hero like Krug or Jotun that might threaten Q9. Likewise, Q9 provides a special attack for my army and, with Raelin's support, can be nearly impossible to kill. Now, onto the games.

Game 1
Opponent: Luke (Nilfheim, Major Q10, Sonlen, Isamu)
Map: Marsh Thicket (Unique Attack +1 and Wound)

Luke didn't have a 'Scapers account, but he told me that he was a frequent lurker on the site. Luke's army consisted of several powerful heroes without any synergy (aside from Sonlen's Dragon Healing) to speak of.

Luke lead with Nilfheim, and I countered with Stingers. I piled my Stingers next to jungle brush close to the Wound Glyph. Nilfheim advanced, shooting Ice Shards along the way, until he captured the Wound Glyph for himself. His Ice Shards put a single wound on Raelin and killed 2 or 3 of my Stingers. The Stingers were returning fire at the white dragon, and even successfully drained once. I think I had 3 wounds on Nilfheim by the end of Round 1. Luke held the Wound Glyph, and I opted to kill my Isamu.

Sonlen, contemplating the recent loss of Nilfheim

Nilfheim succumbed to the horde of Stingers pretty early in Round 2, after only managing to eliminate one squad of the Marro. Sonlen advanced, Dragon Swooped a Stinger, and landed a pretty big blow on Raelin, bringing her a wound from death. The Stingers were quick to return fire, and hit the Elf Archmage for 2 wounds. I think Q10 entered the fray in Round 2, and managed to Wrist Rocket a couple Stingers to death. I held the Wound Glyph at the end of the Round, and Luke killed off his Isamu as well.

Round 3 saw Stingers and Q10 exchanging casualties. I had about 4 Stingers remaining by the time Q10 was defeated. At this point, Sonlen tried some late game heroics. The Elf actually managed to kill off my Raelin and Dragon Swoop Q9 for a wound. However, my remaining Stingers were enough to overwhelm the poor Elf. I really enjoyed talking to Luke. He was a pleasure to play against and I continued to check in with him throughout the tournament.

1-0

Game 2
Opponent: Taeblewalker (10th Regiment x4, Brunak, Raelin [RotV], Isamu, Otonashi)
Map: Ice Blossum (Initiative +8 and Move +2)

I had played an almost identical army to Taeblewalker's in Heroscape's Very First Online Tournament, so I knew how dangerous it could be. With heavy snow rules in play, I decided capturing the Move +2 Glyph needed to be a priority. However, Taeblewalker captured it first with his 10th Regiment. My Stingers were able to knock him off of the Glyph pretty quickly, and took it for themselves. I wasn't exactly sure where to position my Raelin, but I ended up putting her on the elevation close to the Move +2 Glyph.

Taeblewalker parked his Raelin up next to the large glacier piece, and a battle ensued between 10th Regiment and Stingers. I advanced my 7 move Q9 into Raelin's aura and towards the action. When my Glyph holding Stinger died, Q9 took his place, practically guaranteeing my army permanent control of the Glyph.

Good luck retaking the Glyph of Valda now!

However, Taeblewalker's Raelin was proving much more difficult to kill than mine was. I was losing Stingers about as quickly as he was losing Redcoats, which was not great for me since my Stingers were outnumbered. A 4 skull Wait Then Fire from height advantage on Q9 ended up landing 2 wounds on the Major. With my Raelin dead and only a single squad of Stingers left, I moved Q9 off the Glyph and began mowing down 10th Regiment. I moved Q9 over to the height right next to Taeblewalker's start zone, taking another wound in the process. With only 3 10th Regiment left, I was feeling pretty confident.

But then it happened, a Redcoat attacked Q9 yielding a skull. I picked up my 8 defense dice, and whiffed every single one. Now my 3 remaining Stingers and Isamu were facing a full health Brunak, 3 Redcoats, and 2 Ninjas.

In the end, the game had to be called on time. I lost on points with 2 Stingers and Isamu remaining. Taeblewalker still had a 2 life Brunak, 2 Redcoats and Isamu alive when all was said and done. Even if we had had more time, I don't think I could have pulled off a win. If Q9 hadn't whiffed on his defense, things could have turned out quite differently. My closest game of the tournament by far!

1-1

Game 3
Opponent: Nick Sweeney (Sentinels x3, Raelin [RotV], Krav Maga Agents)
Map: It's So Cold...It Burns! (Move +2 and Healer)

Nick was the youngest of the Sweeney players. Despite his age, he had a firm understanding of the game rules and mechanics. He was fielding a very defense-oriented army. Without any auto-would abilities in my army, the Sentinels were going to be a pain to kill. And Raelin-backed Krav can be nearly impossible to kill from range.

We both led out with our Raelin's and took up perches on opposite sides of the center glacier. Next, I rolled out with Q9 while Nick advanced his Krav. I was concerned I'd have to engage the Krav with Q9 to have any chance of killing the Agents, but Nick left 2 of the Krav outside of Raelin's aura. Two turns of 9 attacks from Queglix Gun and Nick was down to only one Krav Maga Agent.

I maneuvered Q9 closer to the Healer Glyph in case he took some damage, but Nick cut off the Major's path with his Sentinels. After a couple turns of unsuccessful attacks on both sides, I switched my order markers over to the Stingers. Thanks to height advantage, the Stingers were able to slowly but surely eliminate the Sentinels tied up with Q9.

Sentinels getting up-close and personal

Not making any progress at killing the Major, Nick switched his efforts to killing Stingers. He thinned out my first wave of Stingers, and started taking swings at my Raelin. I moved up some fresh Stingers around the other side of the glacier, and eventually shot down his Raelin and his last Krav. Then it was just a matter of cleaning up the last squad of Sentinels. Nick had a very cheerful personality and a good sense of humor to boot!

2-1

Game 4
Opponent: Seth (Grimnak, Tornak, Nerak, Blade Gruts x3, Krug)
Map: Badru Valley (Unique Attack +1)

Seth was one of Luke's friends, and also a lurker on the forums. He told me that he really enjoyed reading my Picture Battle Reports, and it felt wonderful to meet a fan in real life. If you guys are reading this, you should join the site!

Seth surprised me by leading with Krug. If I had known he would pile all his first Round order markers on Krug, I would have put some on the Stingers. Instead, I flew my Raelin next to the large tree close to my start zone. Next, I positioned Q9 in such a way that it was nearly impossible for Krug to engage the Major (due to Krug's double base). Seth realized this and then turned Krug's attention to my dormant Stingers. I think Q9 managed to land about 2 wounds on Krug in the first Round.

I placed all of my Round 2 order markers on the Stingers (and pretty much continued doing so for the rest of the game). The Stingers made short work of Krug, who sadly only managed to send a couple Marro to their death. The Stingers battled Blade Gruts supported by Tornak on one hill and supported by Nerak on the other. The dice were not being kind to Seth, and the Stingers were inflicting tons of damage without taking too many casualties.

Stingers and Orcs fighting to the death

Grimnak eventually advanced into the middle of the map, but he was gunned down quickly after Chomping a Stinger. Tornak fell not too much longer. Nerak and the remaining Blade Gruts made a valiant last stand in my start zone, but the Stingers proved too much. The Unique Attack +1 Glyph never came into play.

3-1

Game 5
Opponent: OrcElfArmyOne (Nakita Agents, Agent Skahen, Gorillinators x3)
Map: Hot Heights (Healer and ?)

First of all, according to the tournament software, I was not even supposed to be paired up against OEAO in the fifth Round, as he was currently 0-4. I was originally scheduled to play against bonegnasher, but he decided to skip his final game in favor of watching his son in the championship.

OEAO and I agreed that this game was over before we even put the figures on the board. Q9 is the very last thing Nakitas/Gorillas want to face. I flew Raelin up to a hill perch while OEAO advanced Skahen. Skahen landed 1 wound on Raelin before Q9 was in the fray. I tried 9 attacks of Queglix Gun to bypass Stealth Dodge, but they were all blocked. Skahen returned fire and hit Q9 for 1 wound. However, Skahen's early game heroics were brought to an abrupt end when Q9 rolled a 5 skull attack from height advantage. Skahen whiffed the defense roll she really needed and fell to a single attack.

The rest of the game consisted of Q9 slaughtering Nakita Agents and Gorillas left and right. OEAO never once had the chance to roll for Smoke Powder or use Tough due to Queglix Gun. He actually got Q9 up to 2 wounds until I burned the Healer Glyph. When all was said and done, only my Raelin had suffered a single wound. This was possibly the most lop-sided game of Heroscape I've played to date. I don't think OEAO could have done anything to improve his chances, it was just an awful match-up.

4-1; 5th place
Old October 19th, 2013, 12:11 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The CEE's Picture Battle Reports- Tourney Report 8/26

I want to apologize for allowing two and a half months to go by without posting the results for Battle 109. Here is the abridged version, if anyone was still interested.

The predictions are tied 2-2.

Here are the results for the 109th battle:
Spoiler Alert!

As you can probably tell, I am not keeping this thread very active anymore, so don't expect any future battle reports.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 04:45 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The CEE's Picture Battle Reports

It is not named Quasatch Plaground for nothing !
Old October 18th, 2014, 03:18 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The CEE's Picture Battle Reports

I know this thread hasn't had a post in just under a year, but I just wanted so say that I read all of your reports and enjoyed every single one of them!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports