Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 7th, 2006, 09:22 PM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralerogeny
Ok, so it does make a distinction between "Wall Walk" and "Road." I don't have the rulebook right in front of me, (I know I could grab it on the site) but I trust Nether when it comes to quoting the rulebooks.
Perhaps if you read the rulebook you wouldn't be as suprised about this ruling?

It clearly states that Wall Walk Tiles are different than Road Tiles, and gives the definition of a Walk Walk tile. No where in there does it give the slightest impression that when moving from a Walk Walk to a Road or Vice versa you would get the bonus of the other.
Nowhere in there does it explain that you DON'T. They both have the same bonus, they look identical to each other, and wall walk tiles are interchangeable with road tiles. They have done everything in such a way as to make it appear that they are the SAME THING.

Click to see more...
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:24 PM

And, I DID read the rulebook, thank you very much. Their explanation of this is very misleading. I, as well as many others (who aren't speaking up anymore) all interpreted that they are essentially the same thing, the only difference being that one has a little thing underneath so that it hooks on to a wall. Which is exactly what it is.

Click to see more...
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok, so it does make a distinction between "Wall Walk" and "Road." I don't have the rulebook right in front of me, (I know I could grab it on the site) but I trust Nether when it comes to quoting the rulebooks.
Perhaps if you read the rulebook you wouldn't be as suprised about this ruling?

It clearly states that Wall Walk Tiles are different than Road Tiles, and gives the definition of a Walk Walk tile. No where in there does it give the slightest impression that when moving from a Walk Walk to a Road or Vice versa you would get the bonus of the other.
Nowhere in there does it explain that you DON'T. They both have the same bonus, they look identical to each other, and wall walk tiles are interchangeable with road tiles. They have done everything in such a way as to make it appear that they are the SAME THING.
So now we play by what the rule book DOESN'T say?
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:32 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
i seem to recall the castle rulebook hitting on this a bit, but don't remember the exact wording...maybe i'll go home and check.

I've always thought that wall walks were the same as road, except they could be placed on top of a wall piece. I have always treated the the same as road, and always will. I've done it since i read the rules when posted after GenCon a week or so before they were released here.
EXACTLY RIGHT! In the castle rules it says that road tiles and wall walk tiles ARE the same with the exception that they can connect to the top of the column/wall pieces.
OK, so I apologize for my quick assumption. There are just some things that are a no brainier for me and to think about them too intently complicates things further than they need to be, IMHO.
Page 3 of the ruleset, (download it if you don't want to get up), pretty much states that though they are two "different" types of terrain, wall walk pieces can be used as road tiles. It's pretty much the same thing to me. The only difference between the two "different" terrain types is that wall walks have an attachable bottom to affix to a wall. Is there REALLY that much difference.
The only difference is the name of the tile. Both will be used the same in my games, as it's always been without double thinking it.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:33 PM

No, we don't play by what the rulebook doesn't say. But where the rulebook leaves off and doesn't give enough information for a particular situation, you have to come up with the most logical solution.

All of the rules are logical. They are all common sense, and somewhat correlate to the real world in some way. The logical explanation for this problem that relates to the real world by the same logic that all the other rules are based on says that if I am on a paved street, and continue walking on that paved street, I will move quicker. If I am on a paved street that happens to be on a bridge (elevated just for arguments sake) and the bridge ends and I am back on more pavement that has dirt underneath, I am still on pavement and thus I continue at my faster pace.

This ruling goes against the core logic of the game. This ruling makes the game more complicated in a very unnecessary way. This ruling was not thought out well, and I think that it is wrong. In my opinion Craig should revisit this rule, rethink why it exists, and change it to fit the game. This rule does NOT fit this game. Again, this ruling goes against the core logic of this game.

Click to see more...
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
The only difference is the name of the tile. Both will be used the same in my games, as it's always been without double thinking it.
Thats not the only difference. Its the location of the tile that defines the difference between a Wall Walk and a Road tile.
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:36 PM

Quote:
No, we don't play by what the rulebook doesn't say. But where the rulebook leaves off and doesn't give enough information for a particular situation, you have to come up with the most logical solution.

All of the rules are logical. They are all common sense, and somewhat correlate to the real world in some way. The logical explanation for this problem that relates to the real world by the same logic that all the other rules are based on says that if I am on a paved street, and continue walking on that paved street, I will move quicker. If I am on a paved street that happens to be on a bridge (elevated just for arguments sake) and the bridge ends and I am back on more pavement that has dirt underneath, I am still on pavement and thus I continue at my faster pace.

This ruling goes against the core logic of the game. This ruling makes the game more complicated in a very unnecessary way. This ruling was not thought out well, and I think that it is wrong. In my opinion Craig should revisit this rule, rethink why it exists, and change it to fit the game. This rule does NOT fit this game. Again, this ruling goes against the core logic of this game.
I'M WITH YOU AURALEROGENY

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:37 PM

Nether, do you LIKE this rule? Do you think it adds anything to the game? Do you think it's going to help, or hurt gameplay?

Click to see more...
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Yes, yes it does.

When your entire move is on Wall Walk tiles you get +3 move.

When your entire move is on Road tiles you get +3 move.

A Wall Walk Tile is defined as a tile on the top of the Castle Wall Sections. When moving.

When you move from a road tile to a wall walk tile (defined above) was your entire move on road tiles? No.

When you move from a walk tile to a road space was your entire move on the wall walk tiles (defined above)? No.
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, yes it does.

A Wall Walk Tile is defined as a tile on the top of the Castle Wall Sections. When moving.

When you move from a road tile to a wall walk tile (defined above) was your entire move on road tiles? No.

When you move from a walk tile to a road space was your entire move on the wall walk tiles (defined above)? No.
Seeing as how designers have NEVER worded anything remotely confusing or wrong, (sometimes requiring an actual print change), do you think this was the intention when designing this set
Just curious,...

Old December 7th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, yes it does.

Seeing as how designers have NEVER worded anything remotely confusing or wrong, (sometimes requiring an actual print change), do you think this was the intention when designing this set
Just curious,...
Obviously it was their intention or they would have called the tiles on top of Castle Walls ROAD TILES.
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:45 PM

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's