Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old December 11th, 2018, 02:01 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:

NAME = ELSA BLOODSTONE
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = HUNTER
PERSONALITY = DEFIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

BLOODSTONE LINEAGE
When Elsa Bloodstone is attacked by an Undead or Demon figure, the most wounds Elsa can take for this attack is one. When Elsa attacks with a normal or special attack, she may attack one additional time with a normal or special attack.

SHOTGUN BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Shotgun Blast Special Attack. Elsa Bloodstone only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Elsa cannot be affected by his own Shotgun Blast Special Attack.
Okay, member numero dos of Nextwave. Kind of a riff on Buffy, but so is the character.
I dig it - pretty straightforward take. Kind of a reversal from most monster hunter types in that she gets a defense bonus against monsters instead of an attack bonus.

Quote:
I think that works well! I'll have te-check to see what the best personality for her is. She has very little focus, but I remember her being kind of downtrodden. All her agency is basically taking sleeping pills and waking up in random locations.

Here's something @Ericth74 hashed out with me in PMs.
Quote:

NAME = TABITHA SMITH

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = KLEPTOMANIAC
PERSONALITY = DEFIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

TICK TICK BOOM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. If Tabitha Smith moved this turn, all figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Tick Tick Boom Special Attack. If Tabitha didn't move this turn, all figures within 2 spaces of the chosen figure are also affected by Tick Tick Boom Special Attack. Tabitha only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Tabitha can be affected by her own Tick Tick Boom Special Attack.

TIMED EXPLOSION
Start the game with a Glyph of Timed Explosion on this card. Instead of moving, you may remove the Glyph of Timed Explosion from this card and place it power-side up on an empty space within 5 spaces. At the end of the round, instead of removing this Glyph of Timed Explosion from the game, place it on this card.

MENTAL SHIELD
-----------------------------------------------------------
NAME = GLYPH OF TIMED EXPLOSION
SUBTITLE = (???)

PERMANENT GLYPH

When this Glyph is first placed on the battlefield, it is considered activated. At the end of the round that this Glyph has been activated, roll an unblockable attack die against all figures on or within 1 space of this glyph, then remove it from the game.
I think the glyph could be simplified - it's always activated while it's face-up, so why bother having it activated/deactivated?

It does feel a little weird to me that stealing things doesn't make it onto the body of the card - I see it there in the left box, but it feels like it should be on the card.

Quote:
Quote:

NAME = RULING-CASTE DOMINATOR
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = DOMINATOR
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = RULER
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

GENE BOMB
Start the game with a Bomb Marker. Once per game, at the start of the round, you may place the Bomb Marker on this card. While the Bomb Marker is on this card, all Metahuman figures’ special powers are negated. At the end of each round, if the Bomb Marker is on this card, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 10 or lower, remove the Bomb Marker from the game.

ALIEN ALLIANCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with this figure, you may take a turn with up to two Invader Squads you control.
I've been wracking my brain for a while trying to think of a way to tie a whole bunch of alien invaders together. Then I remembered that was literally the plot of a whole DC event.

Is Gene Bomb too much?
Is Ruling-Caste Dominator really a Unique Hero? The name kinda implies Uncommon to me.

Gene Bomb is pretty punishing for some designs. I'd be looking to tone that down.

And, follow-up question, did the Dominators also work with non-Dominator aliens? Probably fine to still key in on Invaders if they didn't. This design does kinda beg a Dominator design, though.
Old December 11th, 2018, 04:13 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@ALEXAN2507 please learn to use the edit button or slow down on hitting the submit button. It's not some new form of connect four. . Now you are just trying to be @IAmBatman and padding your post count. Three consecutive posts in the same thread within two minutes is even worse than that old guy.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 11th, 2018, 04:43 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
[MENTION=45597]ALEXAN2507[/MENTION] please learn to use the edit button or slow down on hitting the submit button. It's not some new form of connect four. . Now you are just trying to be [MENTION=2108]IAmBatman[/MENTION] and padding your post count. Three consecutive posts in the same thread within two minutes is even worse than that old guy.
I'm sorry it's just how I tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype ;-;

My fingers work faster than my brain and then I'm like "oh but it's not related to what i just said specifically so I should make it a new post instead of an edit or they won't see it" and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Also I haven't figured out how to multi quote

What's up with claymation?
Old December 11th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

To multi quote I just copy and paste between tabs.
Old December 11th, 2018, 05:02 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Just click the little "+" button for all the posts you want to multi-quote, except the last one. Use "Quote" as your finishing move on the last post you want to quote, and voila.
Old December 11th, 2018, 05:02 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
ELSA BLOODSTONE
I dig it - pretty straightforward take. Kind of a reversal from most monster hunter types in that she gets a defense bonus against monsters instead of an attack bonus.
I've flipped through her original miniseries, and I remember her amulet being able to repel Dracula. That's kind of where I got the idea from.
Quote:
Quote:
TABITHA SMITH
I think the glyph could be simplified - it's always activated while it's face-up, so why bother having it activated/deactivated?

It does feel a little weird to me that stealing things doesn't make it onto the body of the card - I see it there in the left box, but it feels like it should be on the card.
Funnily enough, both of those things you pointed out as problems are additions I made to Eric's original draft. Goes to show how much good I did.

For some reason, I had it in my head that glyphs only had powers when actively being stepped on, unless some special text said otherwise. But looking at it again, AoE Glyphs like Fear Gas and the like don't follow that rule so that can probably be edited out.

Does Tabby ever actually steal stuff in Nextwave? I know she's consistently described as "stealing your stuff" in the intro page and the theme song, but I don't actually remember any instances of her stealing stuff in-story. That's why I figured it's perfect for a Class just as a bit of flavor text. I've not read it in a few years, am I wrong on that one?
Quote:
Quote:
RULING-CASTE DOMINATOR
Is Ruling-Caste Dominator really a Unique Hero? The name kinda implies Uncommon to me.

Gene Bomb is pretty punishing for some designs. I'd be looking to tone that down.

And, follow-up question, did the Dominators also work with non-Dominator aliens? Probably fine to still key in on Invaders if they didn't. This design does kinda beg a Dominator design, though.
He would probably make more sense as an Uncommon Hero, but both of his powers are more Unique Hero things. Has there ever been an Uncommon OM Hub?

For context, there are no names in Dominator society as far as I know. They're all just divided into castes by how big the dot on their head is.

Maybe Gene Bomb could be a one-round thing only? In the comics, it was designed to be a permanent thing that disabled all Metahumans' powers and put them in a coma, but it was undone pretty quickly by the other heroes and ended up actually activating more Metahumans in the long run.

I based this design specifically off the Invasion! event, which was basically the Dominators to convince all the DC alien races to come together and invade Earth. Not exactly a great event, but kind of a historical one for introducing the whole Metahuman idea.

I absolutely designed this with a Dominator Squad in mind, but I don't really have any ideas for them at the moment. They mostly fight the Legion and even I'm pretty vague on what they do. The CW versions kind of look like Marro from what I've seen, so that's cool.
Old December 11th, 2018, 05:08 PM
Symbiotic

I'm very foggy on how much stealing Tabby actually does in Nextwave. I'd have to go back and double-check. If you're right that it's more of an informed trait, then it probably makes sense in the class.

We haven't had an Uncommon OM hub that I can think of, but there's a first time for everything! Sounds like the Invader synergy makes sense. Also approve of Gene Bomb being a one-round only thing.
Old December 11th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
To multi quote I just copy and paste between tabs.
Quote:
Just click the little "+" button for all the posts you want to multi-quote, except the last one. Use "Quote" as your finishing move on the last post you want to quote, and voila.
Oooo SNAZZY
Old December 11th, 2018, 05:16 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
We haven't had an Uncommon OM hub that I can think of, but there's a first time for everything! Sounds like the Invader synergy makes sense. Also approve of Gene Bomb being a one-round only thing.
I'm also thinking it would make sense to make the Invader synergy so that you either have to use 2 different races or 2 sets of Dominators in a turn. That would allow him to work as a Dominator hub but wouldn't allow you to run what would basically be a 4-man squad of Daleks or anything similar.

Gene Bomb being one-round makes sense, and then if it needs further powering down, it could be made so it randomly activates with a D20 roll instead of when you want it to. That would fit with the story, the gene bomb was the act of 1 rogue Dominator so it would make sense you don't exactly get to control when it happens.
Old December 11th, 2018, 05:18 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

There hasn't been an Uncommon Hub yet, but honestly, I feel like seeing things like that - factions structured a bit differently - is positive variation leading to a more vibrant game and game world.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 11th, 2018, 05:18 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
There hasn't been an Uncommon Hub yet, but honestly, I feel like seeing things like that - factions structured a bit differently - is positive variation leading to a more vibrant game and game world.
Old December 11th, 2018, 05:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I recall mentioning Uncommon Heroes by name in some power somewhere along the line, but I can't recall any of the specifics (maybe is was in HoSS?) I agree that it's a design space worth exploring.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy