Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 13th, 2007, 12:53 PM

Phloid_and_D-Man has disabled reputation
Which filler hero to use and When?

Ok. You are creating an army for competative play and you end up with 30 points to spare. There are only 4 units that cost 30 or less. Which one do you prefer? Of course you have to take into consideration what else is in your army and what kind of map you will be playing on. Some choices are obvious like playing an extra Swog if you already have Arrow Gruts. Out of the other three (Dumutef Guard, Guilty, and Eldgrim), which do you take, and when?
Old March 13th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Good question! Well if I needed a good meat shield I would definately go for the dumetef who has speed and can pump up himself on roads and other devourers around him.

Guilty is a great range filler, if you are low on range, he is definately the filler to use, and the most worth his points in my opinion.

Eldgrim is great if you have some unique slow guys or even fast ones that would really benefit from the speed boost like grimnak or charos or the ninjas (those hurt me alot).

The swog provides alot of mobility and a decent attack, I would use him if I needed extra mobility or had arrow gruts of course. The disengage is useful against gladiatron armies as well.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old March 13th, 2007, 01:13 PM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
Eldgrim is cool if you plan on using him early to try and do something (king of the hill, take a glyph, whatever). Get him killed off and boost up a unique hero's move.

Guilty is my favorite bang for the buck. If you are down to only guilty as one of your units left, you have a much better chance of winning against any other 30 pts worth of army that might be left.
Old March 13th, 2007, 01:46 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Personally? Eldgrim for a 4th Mass army, Guilty for everything else.
Old March 13th, 2007, 04:52 PM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
The disengage is useful against gladiatron armies as well.
How is disengage useful if they can't move?

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old March 13th, 2007, 05:26 PM

rehlers is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly1hornedmule
Quote:
Har har har, sorry, this one made me laugh!

But seriously, Gladiatrons completely lock down all small/medium figures from moving, so disengage will not help out.
Old March 13th, 2007, 05:35 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehlers
Quote:
Quote:

But seriously, Gladiatrons completely lock down all small/medium figures from moving, so disengage will not help out.
Neat how Swog Riders are Large, eh?
Old March 13th, 2007, 06:03 PM

Dictatorbilbo is surprisingly tart
Personally, I always use Eldgrim (I'm extremely lucky with him- killed a krug, and overextended to win by killing an agent), but guilty and the dumutef are good too. I like the fact that Eldgrim is one of the more sturdy filler characters (though Guilty might be more usefull overall). Plus, he looks like a dwarf!

MR. GRUBBY'S
GRAND ADVENTURE

~ ONLY IN THE ~
KAUNAN KEEP
Old March 13th, 2007, 06:30 PM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehlers
Quote:
Quote:

Neat how Swog Riders are Large, eh?
It's about time I thought I was going to have a whole day that I didn't say something stupid

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old March 13th, 2007, 06:31 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'd probably pick Guilty. I'd send him out first and get height advantage, then his ranged/double attack could take care of the first wave or so of your enemy.
Old March 13th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Yeah guys, the swog rider is a large figure so it isnt affected by the cyberclaw so his disengage works just fine to run around them. Same with Tornak, but we arent talking about him. Just hope Major X17 isnt around.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old March 13th, 2007, 10:20 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
IMO, GUILTY IS THE MOST BANG FOR BUCK. I'd usually always pick him over the rest.

Swogs are great to grab a glyph in a hurry, but you have to take into account the staying power of a lone swog.

Eldgrim is cool if you really want to enhance somw unique heroe/squad with his move. But I really don't like him much. He's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too weak to do much except offer up his "swiftness".

I really like the stats of the Dumutef, especially on road tiles. If you have Wolves or Shades they can be helpful if you can keep them together, (not impossible but good luck). Only problem with him is, I NEVER have had ANY luck with him at all, especially on a road tile!

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units