Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old April 10th, 2022, 05:14 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Our Community only gets 5 figures

I'll try to limit myself to only two "C3V/SoV figure that's here solely to help existing unit/faction" because there's a lot of them and they're all very good

1) Tomoe Gozen - Samurai <3

2) Azurite Warlord - Romans <3 Er, I mean Armocs needed the love. And what a sculpt

3) Kursus - Monke with Explosion Pounce

4) B-11 - Unique Squad with only 1 power oozing with theme and gameplay possibilities. If I didn't already know otherwise you could tell me this was a Master Set 1 unit and I'd completely believe it. Custom Creators: make cards like this one

5) Tyrian - Syvarris with a focus on Move over Range is surprisingly fresh. I just hope this malevolent spirit isn't a Shade of Bleakewood

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 10th, 2022, 10:29 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I hate this so much, because I love almost all of the VC designs. I really have a hard time picking favorites when it comes to things that I like.

One of the aspects that would bug me the most about this is breaking up synergy webs. Any Mariedian hero is basically pointless to keep without the M-43 Resistance Fighters. The Demons are significantly less playable with the Acolytes of Vorganund. If you want any of the Varkaanan unique squads, you need at least 1 more, and probably a hero to make it worth keeping. As a result of that I'm going to make 2 lists. The first will be factions that I would keep as a whole, and the second will be specific designs that stand on their own. I'll also include a list of honorable mentions.

Faction list:
1. Acolytes of Vorganund, and all the Demons.
2. M43 Resistance Fighters, and all the Mariedians (including the B-11s)
3. Nicholas Esenwein and the Thralls (My personal favorite, and most played faction)
4. Hoplitrons, and Major J15 (Executioner 616 could be included here, but they are good either way)
5. Master Lao Xin, and the Monk Heros (Lao Xin single handedly makes the Monks one of my favorite factions to play. I liked them before, but he makes them tournament viable)

Faction Honorable Mentions:
Omegacron and the VC Cron heros
Dreadgul Raiders
Amberhive Protectors
Varkaanans
Kantono Daishi
Durgeth Ravagers and Uzog
Zettian Infantry and Executioner 616
Zaeus and the futuristic Gorilla faction
Clayton Pierce and the VC Cowboys
The Children of the Dark Star and the Outsider Faction (you'll see them soon)

Individual designs that I like on their own:
1. Van Nessing
2. Ulfrid Hornwrangler
3. Skeletons of Annellintia
4. Gothlock
5. Rygarn

Honorable Mentions:
Quahon
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs
Gen. Simon Fraser
Ranjit Singh
Tomoe Gozen
Heracles
Zombie Hulk
Knights of Blackgaard
Brute Gruts
Ashi-Dhulu
Brimstone
Microcorp Troopers

I had to trim these lists a lot. I started typing this up almost 2 hours ago.
Old April 10th, 2022, 11:09 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Buccaneers of Tortuga
12th Caucasus Rifles
Tomoe Gozen
Ranjit Singh
Hrognak (mounted)
Honourables:
Quahon, Master Lao Xin, Chen Tang, Yi Feng, Garrett Burns, Teeth of the Makwa, Arashara Goshiri, Van Nessing, and I would add Skeletons of Annellintia if I could ever find the figures.
Old April 10th, 2022, 11:57 PM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I guess I'm a real sucker for factions. These guys jump to the surface of my thoughts:
  • Haduc
  • Kantono Daishi
  • *Clayton Pierce
  • Rygarn
  • Gothlok

*(Assuming final United FanScape review approval)

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old April 11th, 2022, 08:44 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In no particular order

Incendiborgs (balances with so many heavy classics)
Dreadgul Raiders (brings some classics into play)
Quahon (makes the Spiders really competitive)
Rygarn (makes every army interesting)
Kon-Tar-Na (great alternative with the grubs)

follow up question for a future post - what five classics would you get rid of?

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old April 11th, 2022, 08:51 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

It's pretty impressive that these are fairly diverse lists.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old April 11th, 2022, 11:19 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The way I'd approach this is by thinking about armies I particularly like to play and including the figures that enable those. Unfortunately picking the Varks would basically take the whole list so they are out. The Large Construct build is also really dependent on customs. So...
  1. Tomoe Gozen
  2. Ebon Armor

These two designs, combined with the Samurai squads, are a super fun army that I love to play.

3. Crypt Guardians

I'm a big fan of the mummy/chainfighter build, often with the Warden.

4. Zettian Infantry

I find the Zettians really fun to splash into all sorts of builds.

5. Rygarn

Enables a whole unique style of play.

Last edited by dok; April 11th, 2022 at 10:40 PM. Reason: I definitely didn't say Zettian Guards accidentally
Old April 11th, 2022, 04:51 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Zettian... Guards?

My list:

1. Dreadgul Raiders
Easy choice for me, these guys have a classic feel and are a really fun bonding army with lots of flexibility.
2. Heracles
The best one-man army to come out of VC. Plus the fact that he wrecks Hydras is a big theme win.
3. Quahon
Big Blue is a big win. Spiders are fun.
4. 12th Caucasus Rifles
Yay historical figures! I realllly like the Romans/Marcus/12th build.
5. Havech Eradicators
If stingers actually had powers on their card. The melee/range dynamic is great, 4/4 stats with 6 move is also great.
Old April 11th, 2022, 07:42 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

I'm going to liberally interpret "five figures" to mean "five units or small synergy clusters." Otherwise I have to ignore some potential choices because they don't work right without their tightly coupled partner units.

My favorite Heroscape games have been with my kids, especially when they were younger and we thus engaged with the figures on a more emotional than strategic level. Because of that I guess I've always been partial to VC units that really "looked the part," as if they could have come straight from Hasbro. Sadly most other games produce crappier-looking minis than Heroscape, and as time goes on I guess you have to make bigger and bigger compromises. But there have been some real gems along the way.

Here are some of my favorites, in no particular order and paying no mind to their actual competitive value.
  • Beakfaces & their Warwitch – so glad I bought most of these before the prices went nuts
  • Clayton Pierce – just an excellent Sheriff sculpt (and such a fun hero, drawing the whole faction together)
  • Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands – maybe the best-looking three-sculpt squad that Hasbro never made
  • Omegacron – the most natural-looking VC Soulborg IMO
  • Siiv – something about the elegance of this one always gets me
Honorable mentions:
  • Augamo – one of the few figures that truly looks like it's constantly in motion; bought this in 2008 to make a custom that I never finished (fortunately C3V did it for me)
  • Brontos – before this unit was released, I used to use this figure for Bramcephys
  • Rygarn – one of my favorite Vydar VCs
  • Wildwood Runner, Sentinel, & Monarch – yes, it's a whole faction, but they basically function like a single living entity so I'm counting them together

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; April 11th, 2022 at 08:51 PM.
Old April 11th, 2022, 08:40 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I haven't picked my 5 yet. That's going to be very hard to do. But I thought a list of what had been picked so far would be fun (49 different units already).

8 Rygarn

7 B-11 Resistance Corps
7 Dreadgul Raiders
7 Haduc
7 Quahon
7 Tomoe Gozen

5 Omegacron
5 Van Nessing

3 Azurite Warlord
3 Buccaneers of Tortuga
3 Clayton Pierce
3 Crypt Guardian
3 Gothlok
3 Vulanmech Incendiborgs

2 12th Caucasus Rifles
2 Ashi-Dhulu
2 Cathar Spearmen
2 Deathcommander Mark 3
2 Ebon Armor
2 Heracles
2 Hrognak (mounted)
2 Kuthnak
2 Marutuk
2 Mok
2 Zaeus
2 Zettian Infantry
2 Zombie Hulk

1 Arashara Goshiri
1 Asterios
1 Beakface Sneaks
1 Brute Gruts
1 Count Raymond
1 Durgeth Ravagers
1 Havech Eradicators
1 Himmelskralle
1 Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands
1 Kantono Daishi
1 Kon-Tar-Na
1 Kozil
1 Kursus
1 Marro Gnids
1 Nhah Scrih Cultists
1 Ranjit Singh
1 Siiv
1 Skeletons of Annellintia
1 Tyrian the Kyrie Warrior
1 Ulfrid Hornwrangler
1 Uzog
1 Zogross Hardscale

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; April 28th, 2022 at 07:47 AM. Reason: thru #45
Old April 11th, 2022, 08:54 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Sufferin' sarsaparilla, I plumb fergot my favo-rite sheriff! (Well, I guess he's not quite official yet.) I just revised my list to include Clayton, so please kick his count up one notch, @NecroBlade .

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old April 11th, 2022, 09:04 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Haven't played the newer stuff, but my 5 would be:

Tomoe Gozen
B-11 Resistance Corps
Dreadgul Raiders
Nhah Scrih Cultists
Deathcommander Mk 3

The Varks would be my top choice but they're too many picks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs