Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 14th, 2010, 04:05 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Columbiana Co / Warren, Ohio Heroscape League

To all that play Heroscape around Northeast Ohio, or would want to drive there once a week:

There's talk of getting a weekly Heroscape League going at a new gaming store in Columbuana County, close to Boardman. I have to get the details on the store from phantazm21zero, but the owner is excited about Heroscape and wants to support it. He wanted to try and have tournaments on Thursdays from like 7-10, but phantazm told him that probably wouldn't work. However, I suggested a league-style game night might work for that time slot.

The current idea is to get 6-10ish players each week and play 3-4 games of Scape within that time period. The first league night would probably just be 500 Point armies, classic kill 'em all style on a few BoV maps. But, every week we would roll 3 D20's at the end of the night to determine the Point Values, Format, and Map Pool for next week. I've put together a range of 20 different Point Values from 300 to 600, and 20 groups of 3 maps that share a theme (Snow, Lava, Swamp, etc), and also 20 different formats including Capture the Flag, Treasure Quest, Dungeoun Crawl, Heat of the Battle, and a bunch of kill 'em all scenarios with army restrictions (No range, General Wars, Dragon Wars, all units are the same Race, Mixed Marvel, etc.). I'd also like to make it so that no player could play the same unit twice during the league to keep from cheese armies hitting the table all the time. Lack of units really isn't a problem since between phantazm and I, you could probably borrow anything you'd like to play. That would allow for a ton of different combinations and an ever changing league.

I don't know the details of what the owner wants to do yet, but I think it would be cool for everyone to kick in some money every week and the owner give out prize support weekly and/or at the end of the league based on total record or something.

I know that myself, phantazm, Mechabeast and maybe a player or two more from the Y-town group would be interested, but I'm looking to see if anyone else would be interested in something like this. Like I said above, the early indications point to a 3-4 hour time slot on Thursdays from 6 or 7 until 10. Please post back if you're interested! If this gets going, I'll use this thread to post results, keep standings and post Points/Formats/Maps for each coming week.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; September 11th, 2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old August 19th, 2010, 08:21 AM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart
Re: Columbiana Co., Ohio Heroscape League

I love the idea but I probobly wont be able to come because of the time slot. Thursday really isnt the best day for me considering its a school night an it would take me and hour to get there and back and I doubt my parents would like the idea of being up in Columbiana County from 6 to 11.

Last edited by Darkness1717; October 3rd, 2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 04:33 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Man this sounds great! The two hour drive is a deal breaker though. Let me think about it . . .
Old August 23rd, 2010, 04:58 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
Man this sounds great! The two hour drive is a deal breaker though. Let me think about it . . .
It might happen in Warren instead - I haven't ironed out all the details.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 23rd, 2010, 06:50 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Get to ironing man!
Old August 23rd, 2010, 06:57 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds fun, but I probably would never be able to come per the same reasons as DM7A.
Old September 4th, 2010, 04:58 PM

Hey fedex and darkness - what if it was in Warren on Friday evenings?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 4th, 2010, 05:28 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Hey fedex and darkness - what if it was in Warren on Friday evenings?
Possibly
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:13 PM

Everyone,

I talked to Greg at All American, and he's all about doing this on Friday evening or sometime on the weekend. If I can get some committments, I'll set this up.

Is there anyone that can come Friday around 630 on a consistent basis?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:15 PM

Re: Columbiana Co / Warren, Ohio Heroscape League

All American, in Warren?

Can you post an address?
Old September 12th, 2010, 09:29 PM

I will be able to attend this in about a moth or so when football season ends for my school, since I usually go to the game Friday nights.
Old September 13th, 2010, 08:02 AM

Here's the address:

All American Cards and Comics
161 W. Market Street
Warren, OH 44481

However, I talked to Greg and he said they're only open until 7 on Friday nights, so that won't work. I'd like to try for Saturday afternoon instead, but I'll need to run that one by my wife.

Are you guys good on Saturday afternoon?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events