Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 11th, 2010, 11:44 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
KC's Customs - NEW Classic Continuation 9/15/11

I think I'm going to turn this thread into a thread for all of my customs, because I really feel like doing some "Classic Scape Continuation" stuff. Again, I don't have the resources available to me to make cards, so if anyone wants to volunteer to make them, I'd really appreciate it. I'll separate them on the front page

I decided to start this thread because I've had a lot of ideas for Final Fantasy custom heroes lately, and I wanted to get them down on paper. If there's anyone out there that's good at making army cards that wants to take a crack at some of these and post them here, I'd love to see them.

Please give me some feedback - I'd appreciate it! I'm gonna start with Final Fantasy VI since it's my favorite game of the series, though I hope to get through many of the other games.

I'm going to make some references to Magicite Treasure Glyphs. These glyphs will grant the user a Special Attack that reflects that Esper's powers, and you'll be able to remove them from the game to make one massive attack (not a Special Attack). I'll get into them later.

Final Fantasy VI
Spoiler Alert!

Final Fantasy Bosses
Spoiler Alert!

Final Fantasy IV
Spoiler Alert!

Final Fantasy Monsters
Spoiler Alert!

Classic Scape Continuance Figures
Spoiler Alert!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; September 16th, 2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old May 12th, 2010, 09:48 PM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker
Re: KC's Final Fantasy Customs - VI on 5/11/10

Yeah, FF customs! I'm afraid I have not played VI, the only ones I've played are FFXII and FFX:2. I like that FFXII has a live action combat system instead of the normal random encounters.

On to the customs. I like the introduction of Magicite to the game! Some very good powers and stuff, like your Espers, can come of it! Sabin's Bum Rush SA may be overpowered. Personally I don't think I would use any other attack unless I was out of range, in which case I would use Aurabolt SA. His Pummel may be useful in the right situation, but I'm seeing Sabin's Bum Rush as a little too powerful, it would completely destroy most heroes and lots of squads.
Old May 13th, 2010, 08:05 AM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Blood View Post
Yeah, FF customs! I'm afraid I have not played VI, the only ones I've played are FFXII and FFX:2. I like that FFXII has a live action combat system instead of the normal random encounters.

On to the customs. I like the introduction of Magicite to the game! Some very good powers and stuff, like your Espers, can come of it! Sabin's Bum Rush SA may be overpowered. Personally I don't think I would use any other attack unless I was out of range, in which case I would use Aurabolt SA. His Pummel may be useful in the right situation, but I'm seeing Sabin's Bum Rush as a little too powerful, it would completely destroy most heroes and lots of squads.
Yeah - I need to fix Bum Rush and Pummel a little bit. I don't think Bum Rush overpowered for a 180 Point figure (though I could be wrong), but since it's a Special Attack, most of the powers that Pummel prevents wouldn't work anyway (the same with Pummel). I need to do some work on Sabin's Blitz techniques for sure. I like Aurabolt, though.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:02 AM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

These are amazing. However, I have to confess that number 4 was my favorite. If you have the free time, would you want to create customs for those characters? Then we could have a Heroscape Dissidia

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation View Post
These are amazing. However, I have to confess that number 4 was my favorite. If you have the free time, would you want to create customs for those characters? Then we could have a Heroscape Dissidia
Trust me - I'm all over Final Fantasy 4. Here's a bit of a teaser....

Kain Highwind (Original - suggested figure, Tarn Viking with Spear repaint)
Human
Dragoon
Conflicted
Medium 5
Life: 6
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 5

Jump Special Attack - Range:3 Attack:7 - If Kain destroys the figure he attacks with Jump Special Attack, place Kain on the space that figure previously occupied. If Kain does not destroy the figure, place Kain on any empty space adjacent to that figure, if able. If there is no such space, Kain receives 1 wound and remains where he is. Kain may not attack adjacent figures with Jump Special Attack.

Cid Pollendina
Human
Engineer
Precise
Medium 5
Life: 5
Move: 4
Attack: 5
Defense: 4

Analyze - Instead of attacking, choose an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Cid. Your opponent must show you all unrevealed Order Markers on that figure's Army Card.

Risk Strike - After moving and before attacking, you may roll the twenty-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, Cid may roll 3 additional attack dice this turn. If you roll 1-11, Cid's turn ends immediately.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; May 14th, 2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:59 AM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation View Post
Trust me - I'm all over Final Fantasy 4. Here's a bit of a teaser....

Kain Highwind (the original version, not the Holy Dragoon)
Human
Dragoon
Conflicted
Medium 5
Defense: 5

Jump Special Attack - Range:3 Attack:7 - If Kain destroys the figure he attacks with Jump Special Attack, place Kain on the space that figure previously occupied. If Kain does not destroy the figure, place Kain on any empty space adjacent to that figure, if able. If there is no such space, Kain receives 1 wound and remains where he is. Kain may not attack adjacent figures with Jump Special Attack.

Cid ???? (I'll add his last name later - I can't remember it)
Human
Engineer
Precise
Medium 5

Analyze - Instead of attacking, choose an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Cid. Your opponent must show you all unrevealed Order Markers on that figure's Army Card.

Risk Strike - After moving and before attacking, you may roll the twenty-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, Cid may roll 3 additional attack dice this turn. If you roll 1-11, Cid's turn ends immediately.
YESS!! That's what i'm talking about. BTW its Cid Pollendina. Make sure you get Golbez, Tellah and Yang.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old May 13th, 2010, 01:27 PM

Pollendina - that's right. Fixed it, thanks!

Since I'm posting, here's another FFVI custom, and also one of Majora's requested figures since I appreciate people reading my thread:

Cyan Garamonde (suggested figure - Kozuke with sword in front of him)
Human
Samurai
Disciplined
Medium 5
Move: 5
Defense: 3

Sword Technique - If Cyan takes a turn and does not attack, you may place one blue SwordTech Marker on this Army Card, up to a maximum of 3 Markers.

Quadra Slice - After Cyan attacks, you may remove a SwordTech Marker from this Army Card to attack again with Cyan.

Retort - When Cyan is attacked by a normal attack from an adjacent figure, you may remove 2 SwordTech Markers from this Army Card before rolling defense dice. If you do, all shields rolled by Cyan count as unblockable wounds on the attacking figure.

Yang Fang Leiden (suggested figure - Shaolin Monk repaint)
Human
Monk
Disciplined
Medium 4
Life: 7

Kick Special Attack - Range:2 Attack:3 - Choose a figure to attack whose base is no more that 5 levels higher or lower than Yang's level. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Kick Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately.

Cover and Counter - When a figure adjacent to Yang is attacked by a normal attack from an adjacent figure, you may choose to have Yang affected by the attack instead. If you do, all excess shields rolled by Yang count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; May 14th, 2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old May 13th, 2010, 01:42 PM

jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby!

I'm a sucker for 7, thought about doing some of those customs myself, especially my fave vincent valentine.

On a side note, I really think that they should remake all of the final fantasies with the same exact storyline just better graphics and sell them all in like a $500 bundle set.

x3
jwindjackal is the Marro Divider(s)...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwindjackal View Post
I'm a sucker for 7, thought about doing some of those customs myself, especially my fave vincent valentine.

On a side note, I really think that they should remake all of the final fantasies with the same exact storyline just better graphics and sell them all in like a $500 bundle set.
7 is kind of low on my list, but I did play through it and enjoyed it. Here's the list of my favorites - I'll probably be doing the customs in this order, but feel free to throw out requests as I have an idea for just about everyone:

FF 6
Chrono Trigger
FF X
FF 4
FF 7
FF 5
FF X2
FF 9
FF 1-3

I never played 8 or 11, and didn't get enough into 12 (I hated the battle system - either do turn-based or do Kingdom Hearts or Chrono Trigger style - that hybrid they used sucked) to do customs. The Tactics games aren't really custom-unit friendly, though I might do some Uncommon Heroes using the different races.

When I do get to 7, Materia Treasure Glyphs should be pretty fun. Also, I've been thinking of figures to use for these guys... Cyan works really well as one of the Kozuke Samurai (the one holding his sword in front of him). I think Edgar would make a nice Marcus repaint, and Celes would probably be decent as a Kyntela Gwyn mod (minus the staff, plus a sword). I really want to use the body and legs of an Einar Imperium for Sabin, but need a different head for sure, and Yang should be good as a Shaolin Monk repaint. This guy can probably go as-is using one of the NotNW sculpts:

Shadow (suggested figure - non-female Ninja of the Northern Wind)
Human
Ninja
Tricky
Medium 4
Move: 7
Defense: 2

Throw - If Shadow has a Treasure Glyph, you may remove that Treasure Glyph from the game to add 4 to his Range and attack dice this turn.

Interceptor - Whenever a figure that is not Relm moves adjacent to or attacks Shadow, you may roll the twenty-sided die. If you roll a 1-12, nothing happens. If you roll a 13 or higher, Shadow takes no damage if he was attacked, and that figure receives one Wound if it is adjacent to Shadow. If you control Relm and she is adjacent to Shadow, she may also use this Special Power.

Personal Agenda - After taking a turn with Shadow, roll the twenty-sided die. If you roll a 1, remove Shadow from the board. At the end of each Round that Shadow is removed from the board by this power, you may roll the twenty-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, place Shadow on any empty space adjacent to a figure you control.

That's a lot to fit on an Army Card, but I think it's really thematic and am doing all I can to keep these figures to theme.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; May 14th, 2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old May 14th, 2010, 08:33 AM

I'll throw out a couple more FF VI customs now, and I'll also post a new card everytime someone posts to this thread with comments, etc. Also, if anyone can come up with a suggested figure to use for these customs, please post it! I'll start with Relm because I just posted Shadow...

Relm Arrowny
Human
Artist
Precise
Small 3
Life: 4
Attack: 2

Blood of the Magi - Whenever Relm attacks with a Special Attack that has a fixed attack value, she may roll one additional attack die for each attack she makes.

Sketch - Instead of attacking, choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Relm. Relm may use any one Special Power on that Army Card until the end of her turn.

Strago Magus
Human
Blue Mage
Stubborn
Medium 4
Attack: 1

Blood of the Magi - Whenever Strago attacks with a Special Attack that has a fixed attack value, he may roll one additional attack die for each attack he makes.

Lore - Whenever a figure attacks with a Special Attack listed on its Army Card within 4 clear sight spaces of Strago, put a purple Lore Marker on its Army Card. Instead of attacking, Strago may use any Special Attack on an Army Card that has a Lore Marker on it.

Setzer Gabbianni
Human
Gambler
Flambouyant
Medium 4
Range: 4
Attack: 3

Fixed Dice - When attacking with Setzer, roll Valkyrie dice. All symbols rolled count as additional skulls.

Slots - Instead of attacking, you may roll the twenty sided die:
- If you roll a 1, destroy Setzer.
- If you roll 2-10, remove one wound Marker from Setzer and any adjacent figures you control.
- If you roll 11-17, choose up to 3 opponent's figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Setzer. Those 3 figures receive 1 Wound.
- If you roll 18 or higher, choose one figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Setzer. That figure is destroyed.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 14th, 2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I'll throw out a couple more FF VI customs now, and I'll also post a new card everytime someone posts to this thread with comments, etc. Also, if anyone can come up with a suggested figure to use for these customs, please post it! I'll start with Relm because I just posted Shadow...

Relm Arrowny
Human
Artist
Precise
Small 3
Life: 4
Attack: 2

Blood of the Magi - Whenever Relm attacks with a Special Attack that has a fixed attack value, she may roll one additional attack die for each attack she makes.

Sketch - Instead of attacking, choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Relm. Relm may use any one Special Power on that Army Card until the end of her turn.

Strago Magus
Human
Blue Mage
Stubborn
Medium 4
Attack: 1

Blood of the Magi - Whenever Strago attacks with a Special Attack that has a fixed attack value, he may roll one additional attack die for each attack he makes.

Lore - Whenever a figure attacks with a Special Attack listed on its Army Card within 4 clear sight spaces of Strago, put a purple Lore Marker on its Army Card. Instead of attacking, Strago may use any Special Attack on an Army Card that has a Lore Marker on it.

Setzer Gabbianni
Human
Gambler
Flambouyant
Medium 4
Range: 4
Attack: 3

Fixed Dice - When attacking with Setzer, roll Valkyrie dice. All symbols rolled count as additional skulls.

Slots - Instead of attacking, you may roll the twenty sided die:
- If you roll a 1, destroy Setzer.
- If you roll 2-10, remove one wound Marker from Setzer and any adjacent figures you control.
- If you roll 11-17, choose up to 3 opponent's figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Setzer. Those 3 figures receive 1 Wound.
- If you roll 18 or higher, choose one figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Setzer. That figure is destroyed.
Setzer would be more like a Cyprien repaint, with his fancy cloak and all, but Cid, Strago and Relm will have to be customized. Maybe Relm could be a Natika.

EDIT: And for requests, you should make Golbez Sir Hawthorne's figure.

Old May 14th, 2010, 10:46 AM

Since Majora is a big fan of Golbez, Ill throw him out there. I actually think that a repainted Sir Denrick would be a better scuplt for him, though. Since he uses Black Magic, I'm going to refer to the "Magic Chart" on his Army Card, which hasn't been created yet. It will be a chart of all spells from the Final Fantasy series, with each spell translated into a Special Power for Heroscape. The chart will be divided into White and Black magic, and further divided into Levels (1-5). Heroes that can use Magic will always reference the Magic chart as Golbez does, and the Magicite and Materia treasure glyphs will also reference it. Basically, it's just a way for me to squeeze the ability to use a ton of Special Attacks or Powers onto one Army Card. They will require you to remove Magic Markers from the Army Cards to cast them (1 Marker for each Level of the Spell).

Golbez (Harvey?)
Lunarian
Dark Knight
Arrogant
Medium 5

Black Magic Lv. 4 - At the beginning of each round, place up to 4 Magic Markers on this Army Card. Instead of attacking, Golbez may use any Black Magic spell from the Magic Chart of Level 4 or below.

Taunt - Instead of attacking, choose one figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Golbez and roll the twenty-sided die. If the figure is a Hero, subtract 7 from the roll. If you roll a 9 or higher, until you reveal another Order Marker on Golbez, all opponent's figures with the same name as the chosen figure may not target any figure other than Golbez with a normal attack.

Pressure - Instead of attacking, choose one figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Golbez and roll the twenty-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, remove all unrevealed Order Markers from that figure's Army Card.

200 might not even be enough for Golbez, who can do all sorts of stuff. Taunt and Pressure can be absolutely devastating to a common squad-based army. I decided not to let him cast the Level 5 Spells (Flare, Meteor and Ultima) because he does so much other stuff already.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards