Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old April 28th, 2019, 07:04 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Battle of Winterfell

To go with tonight's episode of GoT, "The Battle of Winterfell", I put together a heroscape map based on the layout of Winterfell, the Kingsroad, and the approaching direction of the Night King's army. Thought I'd share it online for anyone who's interested.

This isn't exactly designed as a playable scenario, just for fun.

Here's a view from the North-East:

And a top down view:

I set it up with the best proxies I could think of for the various factions at the battle. This is a view of almost all the figures:

The Night King and various undead monsters:

Grey Worm & The Unsullied defending the middle:

Northerners defending the flank:

Jon & Dany with the dragons:

All the images I took can be seen at this link (some additional ones beyond those above):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qz00wemir...BjE4kjDia?dl=0

I had previously put together a map for Castle Black / The Wall, from when the Wildlings attacked it from the north (S 4, E 9), for anyone who's interested. https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=54974

Also, if anyone has ideas for further GoT proxies from existing HS figures beyond what is shown in the images (I really couldn't come up with anything for the Dothraki, assuming they would be mounted), I'd love to hear it - would be useful for some of the other maps I'm working on.

I'm also in the early stages of The Pit of Daznak (large fighting pit in Mereen) for the Battle in S 5 E 9. I'm trying to get it scaled down where it both fits the number of pieces I own and still looks reasonably 'scaled'. When I get a better version of it, I'll make a new thread for it for anyone who's interested.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; April 28th, 2019 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Fixing Image Links
Old April 28th, 2019, 08:06 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Battle of Winterfell

Well met!

Wow! That's impressive. Did you actually play it?

I took a shot at this a while back with a scenario caled Game of Thrones - The Last Winter? Official Playtest Version. The actual map we used, and the Battle Report for the two games we played can be found at Game of Thrones - The Last Winter? Battle Report.

P.S.: You asked about proxies for the characters. This is what we came up with:

The Lannisters.

Knights of Weston x 2
Tagawa Samurai
Ebon Armor

The Lannister Heroes.

Sir Dupuis
Alastair
Sir Denrik

Morgoloth
Master of the Hunt

The North.

Frost Giant x 2
Axegrinders x 2
Tagawa Samurai Archers x 2

The Northern Heroes.

Bahadur
Kaemon
Mogrimm
Migol
Moriko

The Targaryen.

Capuan Gladiators x 2
Mimring
Moltenclaw

The Targaryen Heroes.

Sonlen
Spartacus
Crixus
Syvarris
Ana Karithon

The Undead.

Heavy Gruts x 2
Horn Skulled Brutes x 2
Brute Gruts

Ice Dragon - Su-Bak-Na

The Undead Heroes.

Undead King - chas custom

Bramcephys [should be double spaced]

Krug
Ogre Warhulk x 2
Shurrak
Grigor & Rogirg
Pel the Hill Giant
Greater Ice Elemental x 2
Ice Troll Berserker x 2

Racheim
Wyvern x 2

Old April 28th, 2019, 08:19 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Battle of Winterfell

Thanks for the proxy ideas, I'll keep those in mind for future set-ups.

No, I didn't get the chance to actually play it. I couldn't convince anyone to put in the 6 hours or so it would have actually taken to play it out with that many characters on the board

And thanks for the links, I look forward to reading through them when I get a chance.
Old May 29th, 2019, 01:56 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Final Battle of Winterfell

Well met!

Now that the last season of GoT is over, the essential elements of the final Battle for Winterfell can be 'Scaped. [Do not read on if you haven't seen it yet.]

While the Charge of the Light Dothraki was entertaining, it did not seem to accomplish anything but to momentarily delay the undead army, while adding to their ranks. The whole battle seemed superfluous to the final confrontation between the Undead King and Bran, which was settled deus ex machina by Arya Stark. So . . .

I envision the final Battle for Winterfell as consisting of two parts. Part 1 would be the battle/siege. Part 2 would be the final confrontation between the Undead King and Bran.

More anon . . .

Old May 29th, 2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
I envision the final Battle for Winterfell as consisting of two parts. Part 1 would be the battle/siege. Part 2 would be the final confrontation between the Undead King and Bran.
I like the idea of breaking it apart into multiple different 'battles'/parts. The better LOTR Heroscape adaptations I've seen usually break up the battle like that to avoid having to run 1,500 point armies.

Having seen the episode also, I think it would make sense to re-design the battlefield to only have 1/4 of Winterfell's wall (line a strait line almost) with the Godswood being it's own separate battle (not in the Wall's battlefield). The the battlefield is mostly out in front of the wall, with maybe 8 hexes or so behind for a bit of Winterfell.
Old May 29th, 2019, 03:35 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Now that the last season of GoT is over, the essential elements of the final Battle for Winterfell can be 'Scaped. [Do not read on if you haven't seen it yet.]

While the Charge of the Light Dothraki was entertaining, it did not seem to accomplish anything but to momentarily delay the undead army, while adding to their ranks. The whole battle seemed superfluous to the final confrontation between the Undead King and Bran, which was settled deus ex machina by Arya Stark. So . . .

Part 1 can only have meaning if there is a time limit ([10] Rounds) within which the Undead King must enter Winterfell. If he does enter Winterfell within [10] Rounds, Part 2 begins. Part 2 would end with the destruction of the Undead King or the Undead King personally killing Bran; no other figures would be allowed to attack Bran.

Balancing/casting both Parts would be challenging. Whatever units the Undead army starts with would be considered Zombies of Morinden/Zombie Hulks for the purposes of

ZOMBIES RISE AGAIN
If a Zombie of Moridan that you control destroys an opponent’s small or medium figure, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Zombies of Morindan. Newly placed Zombies of Morindan cannot attack this turn. Undead are not affected by Zombies Rise Again.

and

ZOMBIES RISE AGAIN
If an Undead Savage that you control destroys an opponent's large or huge figure, replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own previously destroyed Zombie Hulks, and remove all markers other than order markers on that card. Undead are not affected by Zombie Rises Again.

The Dothraki would be represented (ironically?) by Grok Riders. The custom cards I used for the earlier battle are laid out below.

I think we're down to one Dragon for this scenario - I'll have to check. I'll have to create a card for Arya Stark - undoubtedly with powers taken from C3G. For example:

BLADERUNNER
Katana may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and may attack with her normal attack up to 2 times at any point before, during, or after her normal move as long as she is on a space where she could end her movement.

SOULTAKER
Adjacent figures subtract 2 dice when defending against Katana's normal attack. When Katana destroys an opponent’s adjacent Unique Hero that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead, you may place that figure on this card. When an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for initiative or for a figure attacked with Katana's normal attack, you may subtract 2 from the roll for each figure on this card, to a maximum of -6.

SURGICAL STRIKE
If Raza Longknife inflicts at least one wound on an adjacent figure with his normal attack, the defending figure receives one additional wound.

FOLLOW-THROUGH
After attacking with Raza Longknife, if he did not inflict any wounds on the defending figure with that attack, he may attack one additional time.

MASTER MARTIAL ARTIST
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled, and all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

HEALING FACTOR
After taking a turn with Deathstroke, remove 1 Wound Marker from this Army Card.

TRAINED TO PERFECTION
Before attacking with Gamora, you may choose to either:
-attack any or all figures adjacent to Gamora, rolling each attack separately; or
-add one automatic skull when attacking an adjacent figure.

HONED REFLEXES
After defending with Gamora, you may choose to either:
-inflict a wound on the attacking figure, if Gamora had excess shields and is within 5 clear sight spaces of the attacking figure; or
-move Gamora up to 2 spaces. Gamora will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moved with this special power.

DEFENSIVE ARTS
When defending against a normal attack, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled and, if the attacking figure is adjacent to Katana, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

More anon . . .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios