Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 5th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The C3G Book of Silver Surfer - Design Phase

I'm going to run some informal tests against Hasbro Hulk and some mid-level heroes and see if I think we should drop the ranged only requirement on power transference as well.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 5th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cool

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 6th, 2011, 12:09 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Heh, I ran them and I just figured out how to play him basically! And he's naaasty ... but not because of Energy Transmutation. I think his ability to kite might be a tad too much right now (he won 2 of 3 against Hulk with the 2 wins where he had 3 and 4 wounds and the loss where Hulk had 7 wounds, then he beat Cyclops and Jean Grey with no wounds in either match. He only healed 2 wounds total in the 5 matches - 1 against Hulk and 1 against Cyclops and Jean). The biggest thing I'm going to change is making his Cosmic Speed only a 2 space bonus. Getting to do it when rolling attack dice and when rolling defense dice really lets him kite. He can max out his range of 6, then move 4 away, then cancel out any chances of a second attack by moving 4 away again. It's too much. I also want to look at the Power Cosmic ... I might restrict it to only letting you add shields versus normal attacks or something to somehow give mid-level heroes a chance. The biggest thing he's doing right now, though, is wiping them out in single attacks by burning all of his Order Markers for auto skulls. I could put a cap on this, but it's what's keeping him in the game against other heavy hitters.
I'm going to continue to think about and tweak this guy, but the Cosmic Speed change is the first thing.
Oh, and also, even though it hasn't really come into play yet at all, I'm going to cap the healing at 1, just because I'm scared of what will happen if it ever does trigger for multiple wound healing.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 6th, 2011, 12:12 AM

Crap, and I just realized I was playing him with range 6 instead of 5. Playing that right should help some too. If he's still feeling like too much next time I play him, I might experiment with lowering either his attack by 1, his defense by 1, or both.

Old September 6th, 2011, 12:22 AM

The changes in the OP worked out really well. Jean Grey and Cyclops went up against Silver Surfer and won a really close one (I think Surfer will win that one more than he'll lose it) with Cyclops with 1 life left winning Turn 2, Round 2. I think the design is probably where it needs to be for the initial now.
I'm going to send it out to the ERB.

Old September 6th, 2011, 01:46 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Cool, glad you got some rough testing in on him.
Old September 6th, 2011, 01:55 AM

Yep. I didn't feel like doing any army tests tonight, so I got his Heavy Hitters done. I'm going to hold off on the rest of it until I get some work in on the Christmas Package, though.

Old September 6th, 2011, 01:57 AM

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (SILVER SURFER)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS (you could have really quick rounds!)

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 400-420
- Give a brief overview. Surfer is all or nothing, but his all is really brutal! Thor was the only one who consistently handed it to him. He felt closest against Superman in the final match.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 400
- Give a brief overview. Surfer definitely felt like he had a chance. His old version of Cosmic Speed would have given him an easy victory here, but without that level of kiting ability, the HYDRA Agents managed to shoot at him often enough to get it done.
Map: Custom
Units: Silver Surfer (400) vs. HYDRA Agents x5 (400)
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test

- Give a brief overview. Surfer threatened here, but couldn’t overcome the superior numbers.
Units: Silver Surfer (400) vs. Skrull Warriors x4 (440)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- Give a brief overview. The X-Men have so many tools in their tool box that despite decent D20 rolls by Mister Fantastic, and Silver Surfer’s impressive performance, they were able to pull off the win.
Units: Silver Surfer (400), Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Iceman (1,000) vs. Professor X, Beast, Cyclops, Angel, Mystique, Blob (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- Give a brief overview. Very fun. Fan Four keep Surfer from going too crazy when he bonds, but he’s a very powerful end gamer (even if he didn’t get it done here).
Units: Silver Surfer (400), Mr. Fantastic, Thing, Invisible Woman, Human Torch (Johnny Storm) (1,400) vs. Doctor Doom (375), Doombot x2 (190), Scarlet Witch (285), Super-Skrull (340), Skrull Warriors x2 (220) (1410)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IAmBatman; September 7th, 2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old September 6th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

400 seems about right based on those test results. Spidey should be happy that SS is slower than Flash now all the time.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 6th, 2011, 10:55 AM

yeah, though he should also look at the bio I added about Surfer regularly traveling faster than the speed of light. Man, Surfer is really up and down - he can absolutely dominate sometimes and then be absolutely dominated other times. A lot of that comes from hanging him on one big attack. I think being in Fan Four armies will force you to play him a bit more conservatively, which will probably lower his value a tad, but keep him around a lot longer too. He won't be attacking so fiercely, unless he's the one left at the end (in which case he should be a really effective clean up unit). His defensive capabilities should be close to the same, though, or even better, thanks to Invisible Woman, and Mr. Fantastic being able to lock units down should really help him zip in and out of battles.

Old September 6th, 2011, 03:05 PM

In order to channel the Power Cosmic, Silver Surfer has to exert himself. The more he uses, the more he exerts himself - which is represented by pulling unrevealed Order Markers off his card. If he exerts himself enough he burns up his store of energy (X-Marker) and then if he exerts himself more, he has to rest afterward (numbered OMs).
In terms of strategy, it's actually a lot of fun and pretty useful to blow all of your Order Markers for the round on one big attack to try to take out an enemy heavy hitter. I've only done heavy hitter tests for him so far, though, not army tests, but this strategy was pretty useful against units like Superman and Hulk.

Thanks for the input!
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Here's a big name for ya! Let me know what you think. As always, your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

NAME = SILVER SURFER
SECRET IDENTITY = NORRIN RADD

SPECIES = ZENN-LAVIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = NOBLE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 8
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 400

THE POWER COSMIC
Before rolling attack or defense dice, you may remove any number of unrevealed Order Markers from this card and add that number of skulls or shields to your roll.

ENERGY TRANSMUTATION
When rolling defense dice against an adjacent attacking figure, if you roll any excess shields, remove one wound marker from this card.

COSMIC SPEED
Silver Surfer never takes leaving engagement attacks. After rolling attack or defense dice for Silver Surfer, you may immediately move Silver Surfer up to 2 spaces.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Looks good, cost feels about right with the larger life, attack, defense and range (compared to the Official).

I like that you nerfed the Cosmic Speed power. The official card's Hyper Speed 5 is too good.

Energy Transmutation is a cool idea, probably contributing to his cost. This mayyyy make him too hard to kill, maybe need to reduce life by one.

Power Cosmic...eh, not so sure. Giving up more than the 'x' marker seems too costly for a single extra die. Also, the theme is not obvious to me: ie - what does giving up turns have to do with getting more cosmic power? Or using Cosmic Power to attack or defend?

Old September 6th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

THE POWER COSMIC
Before rolling attack or defense dice, you may remove any number of unrevealed Order Markers from this card and add that number of skulls or shields to your roll.

I think Porkins may have missed the fact that this power gives auto skulls/shields, not extra dice. If it were just extra dice, I would agree that it isn't worth giving up a turn or turns, but every once in a while, this power will be VERY useful.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library