Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old December 20th, 2018, 05:00 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shurrig's Maps: New Map 11/11/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
No worries my friend! I definitely don't miss school - just ask me how excited I am to start looking into Masters programs...

By the way - my feedback was totally based on just looking at the pictures. Playtesting is the only real way to be absolutely sure. But yeah, I know what you mean about trying to figure out what's wrong with a map - oftentimes a fresh set of eyes can help a ton.

I'll look forward to seeing the tweaks you make!
Thanks! Also, from now on I'll use Mediafire to host my images, I myself had this same concern but didn't know how to fix it, I just figured it was better to have an image than no image at all.
Old December 20th, 2018, 08:10 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaesShurrig View Post
from now on I'll use Mediafire to host my images, I myself had this same concern but didn't know how to fix it, I just figured it was better to have an image than no image at all.
Right on man - and yeah, you're totally right. Better to have an image. Let me know if you need any help getting it figured out. Essentially the image link you want to put in is the "Direct Link". Put that in between the image tags and you should be good to go. You find the Direct Link by clicking on "Share" and then "More sharing options...".

Good luck!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old December 21st, 2018, 09:48 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
from now on I'll use Mediafire to host my images, I myself had this same concern but didn't know how to fix it, I just figured it was better to have an image than no image at all.
Right on man - and yeah, you're totally right. Better to have an image. Let me know if you need any help getting it figured out. Essentially the image link you want to put in is the "Direct Link". Put that in between the image tags and you should be good to go. You find the Direct Link by clicking on "Share" and then "More sharing options...".

Good luck!
So I checked out your images, and it's not the site that you're using. You just have url tags along with your image tags. For example, right now the code for Entanglement looks like this (without the spaces):

[URL=http://funkyimg.com/view/2N38q ][IMG ]http://funkyimg.com/i/2N38q.jpg[/IMG ][/URL ]

If you just take out those two sets of brackets for the url, you'll just have the image and it won't pull up the page when clicked on.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old December 21st, 2018, 10:00 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Good luck!
So I checked out your images, and it's not the site that you're using. You just have url tags along with your image tags. For example, right now the code for Entanglement looks like this (without the spaces):

[URL=http://funkyimg.com/view/2N38q ][IMG ]http://funkyimg.com/i/2N38q.jpg[/IMG ][/URL ]

If you just take out those two sets of brackets for the url, you'll just have the image and it won't pull up the page when clicked on.
So nice to have people like you around Bigga who actually know what they're doing.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old December 21st, 2018, 01:29 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good luck!

Thanks Bigga! Just fixed the OP
Old December 21st, 2018, 01:46 PM

Re: Shurrig's Maps: New Maps 12/21/18

Two new maps!

Shattered Bastion
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1f1...IFK_YTUfTbZgRc

Sunken Crag
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rp...KHujKpKuz-hmdJ
Old December 21st, 2018, 04:01 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I really like Shattered Bastion...though Sunken Crag seems a bit “meh” if I’m being honest. Feels like it needs something more. Maybe more pillars or battlements?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 21st, 2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I really like Shattered Bastion...though Sunken Crag seems a bit “meh” if I’m being honest. Feels like it needs something more. Maybe more pillars or battlements?
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I was thinking of maybe moving around the two center pillars closer to the sides. I’ll probably rework it a bit but I was kind of happy with the pathing as it is, so I may have to rework it a bit.
Old December 26th, 2018, 05:59 PM

Re: Shurrig's Maps: A Late Merry Christmas! 12/26/18

Merry Christmas! I was going to post these yesterday, but I was busy all day and spending time with family. Anyway, I've got FIVE new maps to share! All feedback is welcome

Bestowed
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ks...cf8lgJEQa-Fsjx

Hydra
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-d...OnOZyl0uXcHuvV

King's Crown
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YV..._ki4NChK-lnGmC

Roads of Feylund
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eg...rPG1aEfWv-wpej

Squirrel
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lI...mZbAqUbge6Rug0

Also, @Sir Heroscape I reworked Sunken Crag a bit, thoughts?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Jq...yqM0nOVA8KfIqm
Old January 5th, 2019, 10:18 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Shurrig's Maps: Merry Christmas! 12/26/18

Heya Mr. JaesShurrig Sir, I've been trying out some new maps and wanted to drop by with some thoughts for you! (Thoughts that I've been meaning to drop for a long time, both for you and the others making maps recently, but I'm finally getting to it!!)

First off, I got to play on this puppy:

and thoroughly enjoyed it! I did make a small change that I thought I'd suggest, which was just moving the trees in the start zone up a space to be next to the road, and then moving the start zone space on the road to the spot the tree occupied. This was mainly to keep the start zones more intuitive, which is helpful when you're trying to get armies placed and games started quickly (like at a tournament, maybe one that happens monthly in Utah ... ). I also popped a Treasure Glyph onto the center Water hex because I think Treasure Glyphs are fun. Overall it's a great map! The road does a good job of helping to enhance movement without commanding it, and options felt open. I do think this could be a map that would benefit from static Power Glyphs (while I was playing I was thinking Initiative on the plain-water hex and Wound on the other spot to counter the main hill more). Good job on it! While I had the terrain out I also tried:

which was similarly a great experience! (I've also noticed a trend in good swamp/road maps coming from you ) You did a good job connecting the road to all the high ground on it, and the action really lent itself to using the whole map, even when I fielded Raelin! (Well, I still kept in her aura, but wanted to spread out more.)

Those are the two I've played on recently, though I want to play on more of them! I'd also comment on each of them individually, but since that's time consuming and overwhelming, I do want to comment on one larger-picture thing I see happening in a few of them. Some of your maps have very turtle-friendly high ground right outside the start zone. Puddle Hopping, Hydra, and Roads of Feylund are my biggest offenders here, as they have high ground that oversees at least one glyph, which gives a very dominant position on the battlefield right outside the starting area. That's just something I'd watch out for, and it's one of my personal biggest turn-offs when looking for new maps to play. Even the Entanglement maps (which I love the look of, btw) worry me with high ground that can shoot right into the enemy start zone (partly due to the small size of the map, which may allow for sufficient counterattacks -- I'm not sure without playing on those ones).

Definitely more maps that excite me than don't in your arsenal, though! I'm particularly hoping to get to play on Frayed, Paladin, Walk of the Wolves, Squirrel, and Swampy Streets sometime soon(ish)! Thanks for sharing them and your talent!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old January 7th, 2019, 07:29 PM

Re: Shurrig's Maps: Merry Christmas! 12/26/18

Quote:
Heya Mr. JaesShurrig Sir, I've been trying out some new maps and wanted to drop by with some thoughts for you! (Thoughts that I've been meaning to drop for a long time, both for you and the others making maps recently, but I'm finally getting to it!!)

First off, I got to play on this puppy:

and thoroughly enjoyed it! I did make a small change that I thought I'd suggest, which was just moving the trees in the start zone up a space to be next to the road, and then moving the start zone space on the road to the spot the tree occupied. This was mainly to keep the start zones more intuitive, which is helpful when you're trying to get armies placed and games started quickly (like at a tournament, maybe one that happens monthly in Utah ... ). I also popped a Treasure Glyph onto the center Water hex because I think Treasure Glyphs are fun. Overall it's a great map! The road does a good job of helping to enhance movement without commanding it, and options felt open. I do think this could be a map that would benefit from static Power Glyphs (while I was playing I was thinking Initiative on the plain-water hex and Wound on the other spot to counter the main hill more). Good job on it! While I had the terrain out I also tried:

which was similarly a great experience! (I've also noticed a trend in good swamp/road maps coming from you ) You did a good job connecting the road to all the high ground on it, and the action really lent itself to using the whole map, even when I fielded Raelin! (Well, I still kept in her aura, but wanted to spread out more.)
Thanks for the feedback! I like the suggestions for Forest Frenzy, so expect an updated version of that soon.
Old January 16th, 2019, 11:33 PM

Re: Shurrig's Maps: 1/16/19

Hey Y'all, I got a map I'm working on. @BiggaBullfrog had pointed out that I like to do Swamp/Road maps, and I really do! I've been fiddling around on this one for a bit but haven't gotten to play any games on it yet, any thoughts? Feedback is very much welcomed

It should also be noted that the glyphs are on regular water spaces.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios