Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old December 6th, 2016, 02:51 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Guild of Dungeoneering is great fun on my phone.

Vermintide has been giving away sweet loot every day, so that has been my PS4 go to.

For my birthday I picked up a sweet gaming laptop in order to be able to play Total War Warhammer.
Old December 7th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmmm. I don't usually think in terms of sharing phone games, but for anyone who likes solo campaign CCGs and likes not either having to spend a lot of money or grind like there's no tomorrow I present... Lost Portal. It was $2 for iOS when I grabbed it a few weeks ago and I'm easily several hours in at this point (it plays very well in short increments - a match runs all of about 2-3 minutes). There is no multiplayer, so it isn't for the socially minded.

The story is pretty basic RPG stuff moving you from battle to battle so you can level your character and build your inventory of cards. There are four colors of card plus colorless and four areas to improve your character giving various advantages. I'm having a blast still on my first playthrough. Started this one with a green deck that's now mingled with black. Looking forward to starting a new run (there are four save slots) with a red deck next I think.

On 3DS I'm 40+ hours into Pokemon Sun. It's a blast. I decided to go all Alolan and the challenge has made for some interesting parties. By way of example, I like having some Dark in the party, and have never been a fan of Meowth/Persian. Since the Alolan form of Persian is Dark and there aren't a lot of Dark options for Alolan forms, I've been running a bit with Persian and really enjoying the speed it brings to the table.

On PC it's all about Civ VI still. 120+ hours with no sign of stopping.

~Aldin, in a veritable gaming renaissance

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 7th, 2016, 02:39 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Two recommendations in my wheelhouse, Aldin. I will check out Lost Portal and I'm now more eager than ever for Civ VI, though I can't do that right now. Too many other things going on in my life and I'm not ready to add something that is sure to be a time sink. Its day will come, though!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 7th, 2016, 03:31 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

On 3DS I'm 40+ hours into Pokemon Sun. It's a blast. I decided to go all Alolan and the challenge has made for some interesting parties. By way of example, I like having some Dark in the party, and have never been a fan of Meowth/Persian. Since the Alolan form of Persian is Dark and there aren't a lot of Dark options for Alolan forms, I've been running a bit with Persian and really enjoying the speed it brings to the table.

~Aldin, in a veritable gaming renaissance
I'm around the 30 something hour mark and still really enjoying it as well. I've just been going with all generation 7 pokemon. Being having lots of fun with Crabominable, Incenroar, and Salazzle. I will agree anything with some speed is nice this generation with the generally slower pokemon that predominate the game.

Working on trying to complete the pokedex which I haven't done since gen 4 I think. Shouldn't be too hard though since it is "only" 300 or so compared to the challenge of completing X/Y's 700+ pokedex.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old December 7th, 2016, 03:57 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Lost Portal sounds interesting to me as well. I have played a bit of Shadowverse too mostly for the single player campaign.
Old December 7th, 2016, 04:26 PM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Lost Portal sounds interesting to me as well. I have played a bit of Shadowverse too mostly for the single player campaign.
Shadowverse borked my phone. I have it on my "maybe I'll try it on PC someday" list. Is it worth it?

@Ranior If I'd realized how rare Dark was with Alolan forms I might have taken Litten as my starter. Don't get me wrong. I love Rowlet. But my choices for Dark are Raticate, Persian or Muk. There is more Grass and Ghost than you can shake a stick at (including an actual Grass/Ghost type that ALSO gets what amounts to a Steel STAB... sigh).

~Aldin, gaming the system

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 7th, 2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Shadowverse borked my phone. I have it on my "maybe I'll try it on PC someday" list. Is it worth it?

@Ranior If I'd realized how rare Dark was with Alolan forms I might have taken Litten as my starter. Don't get me wrong. I love Rowlet. But my choices for Dark are Raticate, Persian or Muk. There is more Grass and Ghost than you can shake a stick at (including an actual Grass/Ghost type that ALSO gets what amounts to a Steel STAB... sigh).

~Aldin, gaming the system
I have played through one of the single player campaigns so far and enjoyed it. I plan to play the rest. It is kind of Hearthsoney mechanics wise.

I am not seeing Lost Portal in the Play Store???
Old December 7th, 2016, 05:25 PM

Hmmm, looks like it may be iOS only

~Aldin, bummedly

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 7th, 2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Hmmm, looks like it may be iOS only

~Aldin, bummedly
GRRRR

Oh well, plenty of other games in the sea.
Old December 7th, 2016, 08:11 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Two recommendations in my wheelhouse, Aldin. I will check out Lost Portal and I'm now more eager than ever for Civ VI, though I can't do that right now. Too many other things going on in my life and I'm not ready to add something that is sure to be a time sink. Its day will come, though!
I'm in the same boat as DS but I am really looking forward to Civ VI.

And it's funny that you guys mentioned Shadowverse as I just downloaded it the other day from Steam. I have not had a chance to try it yet though.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old December 7th, 2016, 08:57 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just finished Mass Effect 2. Best rpg I've ever played, and that's coming from someone with 100+ hours in Skyrim and 60+ in the Witcher 3, and playthroughs of Fallout 3/New Vegas. Really blew me away with the tiny details in how you choices made during the first game and the second affect conversations, it felt very tailored to my playthrough. I just can't believe I hadn't played this series until recently!
Old December 7th, 2016, 10:22 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@orgsbane . I really enjoyed ME2 and ME3. I eventually found the first one for download. I couldnt play it because controls for the later ones was so much better.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games