Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old February 19th, 2008, 11:05 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuynn
Looks great

How dose it work in a game ???
It really gives medium melee units an edge against ranged units, because the swamp plants are thick enough to block LoS in most cases. I just got 3 more sets of RttFF and cannot wait to use them in conjunction with my 15 extra trees. Unfortunately, my cousins are in Florida this week, so it will probably have to wait 'till after the Marlboro Tourny.

Thanks for all the advice folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old April 13th, 2008, 10:16 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Re: Marsh Terrain <guido's first custom job>

So I was thinking about incorperating a house rule for these things (well, any rule would have to be a house rule for them). Any time a figure walks past or adjacent to a Marsh plant, it must roll the D20. On a 6 or lower, that figure must roll an attack die to see if it took damage. This would be like poisonous plants or saw grass. I would also make Soulborgs and Undead immune to this as well as making Marro and Vipers resistant to it (a roll of 3 or lower would effect them).

I'm looking for some feedback. Is this a neat idea? Why or why not? How could this concept improve. What would this change, as far as gameplay, that I might not have considered (good or bad). You get the idea folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.

Last edited by guido; April 13th, 2008 at 10:17 PM. Reason: I bloody well felt like it.
Old April 13th, 2008, 11:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't see why you couldn't make them poisionous plants. As long as everyone knows the rules and agrees ahead of time. I would consider only having it occur if you end your turn next to one though. Then people could move past/over them quickly and not be concerned with getting killed.
Old April 14th, 2008, 01:00 AM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
Thumbs up Re: Marsh Terrain <guido's first custom job>

Poison.
Old April 14th, 2008, 09:01 AM

I've decided that figures with Disengage, or abilities like it, are also resistant.

As for Yodakings suggestion: It is only a 15% chance of receiving a wound, half that for those resistant. The threat wouldn't be huge, but the consequences could be. As of now I like that. I may lower the die roll by one for those just passing through, which would make it a 12.5% chance for normal figures and a 5% chance for those with resistance. The idea is that it serves as a deterrent to those who want to pass through.

Thanks for the feedback so far. I will have to let you know what I've found about how it works in game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.
Old April 17th, 2008, 04:31 AM

Dread Lord Hep has disabled reputation

"Yeah, I went to Wal-Mart the other day and get the COOLEST plants for a jungle, then I see that the people you mentioned already thought of it."

Doesn't matter, no matter how many people take a spin on the same idea, it always comes out different. Great job. Keep 'em coming.
Old April 17th, 2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Lord Hep View Post
"Yeah, I went to Wal-Mart the other day and get the COOLEST plants for a jungle, then I see that the people you mentioned already thought of it."

Doesn't matter, no matter how many people take a spin on the same idea, it always comes out different. Great job. Keep 'em coming.
That's so true. Each person has his own idea of how the plants should be displayed and has access to different kinds of plants. I look forward to seeing your creations, as well as anyone else's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles