Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 19th, 2020, 09:43 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 2020 MidWest Regional Tourney! Grandprize 4 Day GenCon P

The glyphs pool for each board are: Glyph of Gerda (Defense +1), Glyph of Valda (Move +2), Glyph of Wannok (Wound) and Glyph of Dagmar (Initiative +. They will be placed face up on each board, chosen before armies are picked.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old January 20th, 2020, 09:09 AM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

I have a question about the wording of the guidelines for this tournament.

Quote:
“*the two armies you bring can not have duplicate heroes or squads. The two armies have to be completely different, no repeat heroes or squads found in both army 1 and army 2

** Each army can have at maximum 1 of any of the following: Raelin (either), Deathreavers, Major Q9”
I’m assuming this means that common squads can still have multiples within the same army, with the exception of Deathreavers. And I’m also assuming that Uncommon Heroes can have multiples within the same army, such as Hydra. What I’m also assuming is that if Army A has Hydra or 4th Mass. that Army B cannot have Hydra or 4th Mass.

What confuses me is the inclusion of the two uniques (Raelin and Q-9) with the restrictions. I know there are two versions of Raelin, so it makes sense that if ROTV Raelin is in Army A that Army B cannot have either version of Raelin. But why include Q-9 when the first section already precludes that possibility?

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old January 20th, 2020, 09:45 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What we were trying to avoid is the classic rats, q9, raelin build. you can have multiples within an army based on regular building rules (2 frost giants in an army if you want them, 3 squads of rats, etc). just can't have a matching squad or hero in both of your builds.

You can have q9 in one build, and raelin in the other build (or rats). We just don't want them in the same build.

Did I answer what you needed?

Old January 20th, 2020, 11:47 AM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

Ah, I see. So if Army A has Raelin then it can’t have Deathreavers or Q-9, and Army B cannot have that version of Raelin.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old January 20th, 2020, 02:13 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mailman View Post
Ah, I see. So if Army A has Raelin then it can’t have Deathreavers or Q-9, and Army B cannot have that version of Raelin.
Exactly!
Old January 30th, 2020, 04:29 PM

GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker

So to double check. 16 hex max applies to summoned characters as well, not merely the starting zones. Ex. Airborne or rechets.
Old January 30th, 2020, 04:52 PM

correct. It is a 16 hex max, not a 16 hex start zone.

Old January 30th, 2020, 10:03 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wish it could have been 16 units instead of 16 hexes. No chance for Marrden Hounds this way.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old January 31st, 2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
I wish it could have been 16 units instead of 16 hexes. No chance for Marrden Hounds this way.
I looked at them early as well. You can still run two squads with 4 single based heroes. Not too bad.
One of our goals was to stay away from massive 4-5 squad armies, while still letting people work with a few squads. 16 units with double bases would be crazy, however! 5 squads of Marrden Hounds running amok!!

Old February 1st, 2020, 06:37 PM

wargamingaddict87 knows what's in an order marker wargamingaddict87 knows what's in an order marker

We are 3 weeks away! If you haven't registered please do so. We want to create an ideal tournament experience.

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050444a4a822a3f94-2020
Old February 6th, 2020, 11:58 AM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wargamingaddict87 View Post
Do you have a specific location yet? Just wondering.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old February 6th, 2020, 01:58 PM

yes we do!! Fun4All Comics and Games in Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti. here is the address: 3773 Carpenter Rd, Ypsilanti, MI 48197. Doors open at 11:00 and games will start at noon. We should be wrapped up by 5:30.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events