Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 5th, 2008, 08:07 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Cards, Dice etc for GenCon Heroscape events.

I know this has been brought up before but I just wanted to get a consensus from those attending on a couple of things before I pack up my stuff. (If any of the folks in charge can interject an official ruling it would be appreciated also.

1-Do we have to use the actual cards or can we use other incarnations of them? I really would rather not pack up my official cards and would prefer to use Raud Shieldcrusher's Trading Card sized cards. Is it safe to say that Raud's cards and those small tag like ones (sorry forgot who made those) are both legal versions of the cards and can be utilized?

2-I know some folks here have custom made Heroscape dice are they "legal" to use or do you need to have the permission of your opponent?

Thanks for the input and sorry for rehashing this but I dont want to show up and be disqualified for not having the actual cards.
Old August 5th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cards, Dice etc for GenCon Heroscape events.

I'll likely bring both kinds of cards as long as I have them.

I do have some custom dice I started but never finished making, could be worth the effort if I can use them.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:12 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

I would rather not see custom dice... there is no telling how they are balanced.

And some one might change an attack of 3 to an attack of 4 on a custom card, and hope no one notices...

Taking your army and placing it on a copier and making a copy of the army on one sheet of paper should be ok...
Old August 6th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
I would rather not see custom dice... there is no telling how they are balanced.

And some one might change an attack of 3 to an attack of 4 on a custom card, and hope no one notices...

Taking your army and placing it on a copier and making a copy of the army on one sheet of paper should be ok...
The dice argument I can see somewhat although unless they are marked somehow so the person using them would know what dice to use when they need to, they'd be used for attacking AND defending so balancing them to go one way or the other could backfire if you never get skulls when attacking or shields when defending.

The cards could be changed anyway, stats could be changed even on a copy of them. Also trust me I could easily make cards with higher stat values and lower cost that look like the real deal. It is up to the players and judges to know these things and look over them. I guarantee that armies will have to be turned in prior to any event and they will be looked over. Still that is why I plan to have both cards with me, official and the normal card sized ones. If a judge needs to take a minute to scan them for any false info that isn't a huge deal.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old August 6th, 2008, 04:28 PM

Snoop Greyjoy has disabled reputation

I would err on the side of being conservative and go ahead and pack up the official cards and dice.

You are right - you do not want to show up and be disqualified.

EDIT: I went ahead an emailed the organizer for information. We'll see if he responds!

Live in the Ohio Valley? Consider Joining OVAH
Snoop dont sow.
Old August 6th, 2008, 04:34 PM
has been BANNED

Well I would be a bit leary if someone showed up with other cards than the official ones or the 2 I mentioned. I myself keep a master list copy of all of each figures stats (Thanks to GaryLASQs website) My version has the stats and specials together for each unit so I can always "look it up" if there is a discrepancy.
Old August 8th, 2008, 09:19 AM

Ok, I got a response back from the events organizers, specifically Jerry Hawthorne at Pastimes.net:

Quote:
Quickly emailing you to answer your Gencon questions.

Custom Cards:These will not be allowed at the Gencon Heroscape events.

Custom Dice:These are allowed

Custom Dice Towers:These are allowed

Custom painted Heroscape Figures:These are allowed but must be the correct figure.

Other Figures:Not allowed.
I am assuming by "other figures" he means proxy figures.

Snoop dont sow.
Old August 8th, 2008, 09:37 AM

Lord_Paul is surprisingly tart

Could we somehow confirm that? I'm using some proxies for the Zombies in an army, and, while I could borrow some from a friend, I'd like to avoid that if I can.

Making the world better, one post at a time.
Old August 8th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just so you know, I am Jerry Hawthorne.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 8th, 2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Just so you know, I am Jerry Hawthorne.

well, now I know!!

Snoop dont sow.
Old August 8th, 2008, 11:34 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Paul View Post
Could we somehow confirm that? I'm using some proxies for the Zombies in an army, and, while I could borrow some from a friend, I'd like to avoid that if I can.

Proxies are NEVER allowed in tournament play.
Old August 8th, 2008, 11:45 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

I have seen some sets of dice that had red ones for attack and blue ones for defense, to go along with the original red-blue dice. Since the faces were carved out, against blanks on the opposite side, they were not balanced dice, and they were able to tell the attack from defense...

Last edited by Draconious; August 8th, 2008 at 01:59 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con