Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old October 21st, 2019, 09:29 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!

With Cards and Bios:

Bio: When members of their brother's family are killed or abducted by an Undead horde, Rania Reyjyre and her sister, Demetria, vowed to track down their surviving relatives and bring them home. Although unsuccessful in their rescue mission, Rania destroyed so many Undead in the process that she was awarded the Divine Purpose, her special weapon. Ironically, Demetria was subsequently captured, and herself became an Undead creature, eventually joining Utgar.

Bio: When members of their brother's family are killed or abducted by an Undead horde, Demetria Reyjyre and her sister, Rania, vowed to track down their surviving relatives and bring them home. Although unsuccessful in their rescue mission, Demetria destroyed so many Undead in the process that she was awarded the Sonic Sword, her special weapon. Ironically, Demetria was subsequently captured, and herself became an Undead creature, eventually joining Utgar.

Last edited by kolakoski; October 21st, 2019 at 10:18 PM.
Old October 26th, 2019, 05:40 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Great bios! They'll soon be back in action here at The Game Palace in Creature Feature!
Old October 26th, 2019, 09:21 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Guys,

As befitting a Halloween theme for ChasScape on Sat. Nov. 2, I'm going to make the map a crazy quilt of juxtaposed terrain types. Sort of a Victorian mansion via The Addams Family look.

You've been warned! MwaHa!Ha!

Crypt Keeper Chas
Old October 27th, 2019, 01:36 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
HEROSCAPE SCENARIO: CREATURE FEATURE
A POST HALLOWEEN MONSTER MASH
By Chas

Each player selects an army totaling 600 Points; maximum 25 spaces.
After 10 turns, the player with the most points left on the board will win.
I'll be camping . . .

Old October 31st, 2019, 04:28 PM

Guys,

Happy Spooky Halloween Day. Yesterday I was in Manhattan playing a band of skeletons with names like Shooty, Casty, Smashy, Shiny, and Slashy, in a game of Vast II: The Haunted House. Lots of fun, although I felt more like The Keystone Cops!

Here's a general description of the map for Saturdays 'Creature Feature' Chascape game. its almost done, and my army is about 2/3 built. You may be interested to know that my Army Leader is a character I've never played before! (Hint: its not a Human).

The map is composed of six regions of four 24 hexers and associated terrain, including most types that exist, but in reasonable climate zones. These are Desert, Forest, Polar, Rock Field, Dungeon Entrance (all above ground), and City. So if you have terrain dependent characters, you'll be able to randomly pick which you start the game in.

Six random Treasure Glyphs are placed near the middle of the board, one per zone, and in toward the border of the three areas per table side. So if you get one you'll be fairly close to the enemy when you do. Normal TG rules apply.

Chas
Old October 31st, 2019, 05:55 PM

Guys,

A few small changes for Saturday!

Since the map is about 3/4 the size of our usual 30 x 40 hex map, being 23 x 23 hexes, the game will go 15 turns. Also, the start zones will be anywhere in the first five rows. Players starting in adjacent zones may not Attack on their first turn. The Dungeon area (bottom center) will be considered underground, and may only be entered or exited through three open gates. Armies starting on zones next to it will not be considered adjacent for these purposes.

My army is ready. Its like nothing I've done before! There are in fact now two card I've never played yet.
Old November 1st, 2019, 03:50 PM

Well met!

As I actually have this figure (acquired so long ago for Deathcommander figure), and in light of Kha's official card coming out, I've reconfigured tomorrow's free for all army to include both of them.

Old November 1st, 2019, 04:34 PM

Congrats to Kolakowski on the coming out of his favorite figure, Kha. We're now testing some of his other customs, and he's getting me some of his new figures, which are very cool!

The new C3V wave is just out today, and I've authorized them for playing in tomorrow's game. Since they are all Large or Huge nonHumans, they are perfect to be more Creatures for the Feature, and I know we'll see some of them on the table tomorrow, as well some others that have never been there before!

Taeblewalker will run next month's game in December.
Old November 1st, 2019, 09:56 PM

Well met!

For 5 points more, I at the last last minute, I’ve decided on Arktos.

Last edited by kolakoski; November 1st, 2019 at 10:48 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2019, 07:40 AM

Even though both Taeblewalker and Kolakoski called in sick, Sherman Davies and I had a good game of Scape yesterday. Although none of the new C3V wave made it to the table, I got to use two cards from the prior wave I hadn't used before. The board was my typical Terrain Zone map, with six sections made up of varying Desert, Jungle, Snow, Urban, Dungeon, and Rock types, with others scattered in there representing most other Heroscape terrain types as well (water, swamp water, molten lava, lava field, ice, pine and palm trees, bushes, etc.).

Chas Army

Talingul 100
Boreos 115
Iron Golem x2 200
Sonlen 160
Bol 10
Total: 585, 8 Spaces

Sherman Davies Army

Tor-Kul-Na
Marro Grubs x3?
Marro Stingers x6
Raelin
Total: 595?, 24 Spaces?

Since there were only two of us, we started out on opposite sides in the middle zones, but left the whole board in play, although we didn't use much more if it. I started out on the Dungeon, which was underground and inaccessible except through three open castle gates, each of which had a shadow space just inside to help guard/hold it. Most of the game was played inside the one gate connecting the two zones, as Sherman attacked through it quickly and I defended my zone.

I had placed random Treasure glyphs without making a pool of useful ones first, so I grabbed one and it proved to be the useless Oceanstrider (there hardly any water on the map, and none where we were fighting). I sent Boreos off to grab the one in the Rock zone, and it turned out to be Revenan't Tome but it took time to bring him back, so that might have been a mistake, as, he was not present for the initial fighting!

Shermy took out one of my Golems, but I got Boreos into the action to slow the enemy down coming in through the gate. As we fought, I took a hit on my second Golem to move back and take out Raelin in one amazing die roll of 5 skulls out of 6 dice. Then Boreos used Revenant's Tome to resurrect the Golem temporarily. Having had chipped away at Big Stompy earlier, even though he recovered by eating a Marro Nagrub or two, and was on the shadow space near the door. This unusual attack actually finished the enemy behemoth Tork-Kul-Na off! Tan and Sonlen were fighting from a small hill, and Sonlen had done some damaged and healed a wound on the first Golem, but then went down to Stinger fire.

Although the first two Stingers went down to destruction with Sherman using Stinger Drain constantly, he got some great die rolls, and I retreated back into the Underdark. With the points being exactly equal at one point, here Shermy kept attacking, and finally took me down for a clean win, having more Stingers left outside.

Talingul was a card I'd never used, since there weren't many Large/Huge Constructs to use when he first came out I'd thought, but there are more than I'd realized, and he works quite well. Besides Boreos (effectively a Greater Air Elemental) and Iron Golem, there is also Augamo, Greater Ice Elemental, and the brand new Avernus (effectively a Greater Fire Elemental). And supposedly Breach will be coming out as well.

I'm not familiar with him, perhaps he's a Greater Earth or Greater Water Elemental. So Talingul serves a greater Kurrock. Wonder if there is a regular sized Ice Elemental in the works; its odd that the first Greater Ice Elemental to be issued has no smaller counterpart.

Later on Sherman wanted to try Red Alert: Space Fleet Warfare for the first time, the fairly new Commands & Colors spaceship game, so we took down the Scape board and played a great game of that. Although I'd played many times, Shermy grabbed the win just before I could, 18 points to 16. Had he not made two successful attacks on his final turn, which neither of us expected to both work, I would have won on my next turn, so it was really close and wild!

The Kickstarter came with 7 small expansions some months ago, and a brand new one will be here next week as well, so the game has plenty to explore for new hands.

Last edited by chas; November 3rd, 2019 at 11:37 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2019, 05:37 PM

Well met!

So sorry I couldn't make yesterday's game day. Hopefully chas and I (and whoever else wishes to attend) can get together for some testing before I leave for Jamaica on 12/1.

Made some further changes to Sonic Sword:

Rania remains as is.

Last edited by kolakoski; November 6th, 2019 at 07:17 PM.
Old November 6th, 2019, 06:25 PM

New Schedule Scape Dates:

Kolakoski and I will be doing another playtest of his new custom figures this Monday Nov. 11. Anyone can join in.

TaeblewakerScape: Heroes of Fiction will take place Sat. Dec. 14. We will have room for other players.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested and will be in NYC!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion