Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 11th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Next Colorado Event: Saturday, January 16th, Boulder Lib

I took 3rd place in my first NHSD event using hive, SBK, and 3 squads of stingers
Old January 12th, 2010, 12:15 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
I took 3rd place in my first NHSD event using hive, SBK, and 3 squads of stingers
I played scrimmages last year with a Hive/Stingers/Dividers army that really cleaned up against almost all competition-- I'm not surprised if that build did well, particularly when used by somebody capable...
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:19 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

How does this look for exit locations?
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:36 PM

Looks good.
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:37 PM

Hopefully this will be the last thing we have to talk about before the tournament: How are we handling prizes? It looks like we're going to have a few.

Obviously, the Map Contest and General Tournament Winner should receive a prize. I'd be interested in giving a prize to the person who traveled the furthest. Should we have prizes for things like "Most Unexpected Army" or something like that?

I'm thinking the priority for prize selection should go something like this:

1) Tournament Winner
2) Map Contest Winner
3) Longest Traveler
4) Most Unexpected Army
5) Tournament Runner-up
6-on) By Tournament record.
-- Repeat order if enough prizes.

Any thoughts?
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:01 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

That's all good by me.
Old January 15th, 2010, 03:16 AM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Hey Guys.. Just a note on the map building competition... As I mentioned, my Daniel and I are listed as participants in map building, but really are pretty indifferent about it. In other words, we're not prepared, we'd just throw something together while we are there. So... if you're expecting a great, new symmetrical playable map... we might reconsider. :-\ It's really no big deal to us if we do it or not.

Heck, we just wanna play some 'scape with other people.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old January 15th, 2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpucblek View Post
Hey Guys.. Just a note on the map building competition... As I mentioned, my Daniel and I are listed as participants in map building, but really are pretty indifferent about it. In other words, we're not prepared, we'd just throw something together while we are there. So... if you're expecting a great, new symmetrical playable map... we might reconsider. :-\ It's really no big deal to us if we do it or not.

Heck, we just wanna play some 'scape with other people.
I think the Map competition is pretty loose and easy going-- the winning map will be used as a Heat of Battle (HOB) map, so it's not so important that the map be symmetrical or as perfectly balanced as one of the pre-selected maps. As for preparedness-- I know my friend Eric has something specific in mind, but my friend Troy is thinking about just improvising something on the spot. So don't worry too much. The real question is: will you two have a fun time building a map together? Ultimately, this is all about having a good time...
Old January 17th, 2010, 12:22 AM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A great event, small but mighty. I enjoyed my first heroscape event outside my house. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by chief; January 19th, 2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old January 17th, 2010, 10:41 AM

It was great having you out there, chief.

Thanks to Elginb for doing the heavy lifting to make the event a success.

lafleurhero, someguy, Generalrolondo, et al... you were missed.
Old January 17th, 2010, 12:51 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Too bad we had to leave early. We had a great time. Thanks to Elginb and doc for coordinating the event.

Any chance someone can post the final results? (we missed that part).

Chief, I saw you with your camera. You want to post some pics?

And it was good to meet some new guys... Nacho, Troy and Chief.

When's the next event?

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:15 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpucblek View Post
Too bad we had to leave early. We had a great time. Thanks to Elginb and doc for coordinating the event.

Any chance someone can post the final results? (we missed that part).

Chief, I saw you with your camera. You want to post some pics?

And it was good to meet some new guys... Nacho, Troy and Chief.

When's the next event?
Yea, im actually sending them to Elginb so he can update the main posts with them. Get some pictures of that prize as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events