Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old May 12th, 2021, 06:49 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: OHS S41 Delta Duels - Round 4 Until 5/17

Quote:
The vydar is the man (2-1) v. captain stupendous (2-1) armies are:
Costly Cavaliers
* Morgan's Riflemen, Sir Gilbert, Knights of Westonx4
Dead & Butter Commons
* Bol, Deathcommander Mark 3, Deathwalker 9000, Deathstalkersx3
Playing at 10:00 AM CST this Saturday.
Old May 12th, 2021, 09:53 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Had a fun game with Scaperedude tonight. He had Groks x3, NGS, B-11, and Jarek Guy, while I had Major Q9 and Warriors of Ashra x6. Groks really threaten Q9, and B-11s really threaten Warriors of Ashra, and vice versa from his perspective. I opened with Ashra, and he opened with Mariedians, which in theory is not a great opener for me but on a board like this with so much road I could really threaten to run down the B-11. He brought out Jarek Guy at the same time as the B-11, who I had to throw Ashra at to keep him from easily reaching my startzone and throwing grenades into it. I had some poor shields in the early game, but managed to run a couple B-11 down to neuter their offensive potency. Round 3 was where things really started to swing in my favor. I won the initiative and killed the last B-11, and on turn 1 Jarek Guy made an aggressive move disengaging from my Ashra to throw a grenade and approach my startzone. I used the Ashra that had been engaged with Jarek Guy and the Ashra that killed the last B-11 to sprint into the sleeping Grok startzone, and I had two uncontested turns due to lost OMs on B-11 to open the Groks up. I killed four Groks before they even got started. After that there just wasn't enough in the tank for Scaperedude. Jarek Guy was left for dead because the Groks had to save themselves, so it was just five Groks and NGS against about half my Ashra and Q9. The Groks cleared out the Ashra in their startzone so I massed my forces outside my startzone, and used superior numbers to clean up the Groks. That left just NGS. It was comically long duel (multiple rounds) between him and the Ashra, but eventually they chipped him down. Good game SD!
Old May 14th, 2021, 02:16 PM

DomPredator77 is surprisingly tart

The shiftrex (1-2) v. dompredator77 (1-2) armies are:
Hard to Kill
* Krav Maga Agents, Nicholas Esenwein, Otonashi, Bloodburst Thrallx4, Darkprowl Thrallx4, Deathstrike Thrall, Preyblood Thrall
Lando Calrissian
* Deathwalker 7000, Dünd, Ne-Gok-Sa, Dumutef Guard, Grok Ridersx2, Roman Archersx3 (drop 3 hexes)
dompredator77 chooses who places first.

This was a fun one against Shiftrex! I opened with moving Dw7000 in a threating position and then moved the Groks up. Shiftrex opened with Krav and 3 Thralls. Krav ended up killing almost all my groks except one and a thrall killed Dw7000 I killed a couple of his thralls. I moved Ne Gok Sa into position to mind shackle the krav and failed about 4 times but then I got the 20 on Krav an took his remaining two which shifted the momentum from Shiftrex to about even. Then next round I used Krav to kill a thrall and moved in the Dumutef Gaurd. He moved in Nicholas to gain some of his fallen thralls back, he killed one Krav and then overextended to try and kill another Krav on height but failed. This set my next order marker on Ne Gok Sa perfectly, I jumped up on lava height and tried to mind shackle Nicholas and rolled a 20! Shiftrex then conceded and I won. It was a great game!
GG Shiftrex!
Old May 17th, 2021, 12:22 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Boromir96 (4-0) and Chris Perkins (4-0) both receive byes to the semifinals.

The quarterfinals are on Parallel.

The vydar is the man (3-1) v. vegietarian18 (3-1) armies are:
Costly Cavaliers
How Major Q9 Stole Three Elves
* Major Q9, Warriors of Ashrax6
vegietarian18 chooses who places first.

The s1r_art0r1us (3-1) v. dok (3-1) armies are:
Rally under the banner
* Hatamoto Taro, Kozuke Samurai, Tagawa Samurai Archersx6
Welcome to the Jungle
* Marro Warriors, Motley Max, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Eilan Sidhex6
s1r_art0r1us chooses who places first.
Old May 17th, 2021, 12:24 AM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Due to several potential rematches, the semis break down this way:

If I beat s1r_art0r1us I play Chris Perkins.
If s1r_art0r1us beats me he plays Boromir96.

The winner of VitM v. Vegie plays the other 4-0.
Old May 18th, 2021, 11:13 AM

Re: OHS S41 Delta Duels - QF Until 5/24

For the curious, here is my current draft of adjustments to the Delta pricing based on the event:

(Classic Price, Delta Price, Delta Adjustment, adjustment relative to pre-event Delta)

Code:
50	100	50	10	Marro Warriors
105	130	25	10	Sir Gilbert
75	95	20	5	10th Regiment of Foot
40	50	10	5	Fyorlag Spiders
50	55	5	5	Warriors of Ashra
120	120	0	-5	Agent Skahen
110	120	10	-5	B-11 Resistance Corps
80	70	-10	-5	Emirroon
130	70	-60	-5	Grok Riders
100	95	-5	-5	Iron Golem
75	70	-5	-5	Kha
130	120	-10	-5	Kozil
100	115	15	-5	Krav Maga Agents
95	105	10	-5	Major J15
150	170	20	-5	Major Q10
120	80	-40	-5	Templar Cavalry
120	120	0	-5	Torin
110	100	-10	-5	Tyrian the Kyrie Warrior
100	95	-5	-5	Wyvern
140	110	-30	-10	Cxurg'gyath
120	110	-10	-10	Nakita Agents
180	185	5	-10	Omegacron
135	110	-25	-10	Wo-Sa-Ga
220	200	-20	-20	Mok
Most of these are fairly self-explanatory, but a few comments:
  • With the obvious exception of Marro Warriors, the unique ranged squads didn't seem to be as good a buy at these prices as I had initially suspected.
  • With the price shift into the spiders, the Wyvern and Kozil drop in price to keep their builds from rising too much. (Quahon gets no discount of course.)
  • In addition to Mok just needing a bit of help, I'd overlooked how Mok had already gotten a backdoor bump to price by way of the Axegrinder price hike, so he gets a big cut.
I'll post a full updated list in the Delta+ thread after the event.

Last edited by dok; May 18th, 2021 at 02:55 PM.
Old May 20th, 2021, 08:53 PM

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Vydar is The Man and I will be starting in about 10 minutes.
Old May 20th, 2021, 10:54 PM

Second consecutive season with a classic down to the final squad figure game between me and Vydar Is The Man. I had Warriors of Ashra x6, Major Q9, while he had Knights x4, Gilbert, and Morgan's Riflemen. On paper, Warriors of Ashra are great against the Knights, but the sheer number of figures Gilbert moves per round can really overwhelm the 3 activation Elves, and that was especially true on a board with Wannok - Zawit, where the glyphs can continuously punish you. I played heavily towards the Wannok side, knowing that I wasn't going to get the Knights off of it, but just wanting to fight them for it. In the early game, Vydar used great Jandar rolls and great slowroll technique to take over the board with the Knights, and then started shooting over the wall with Morgan's Riflemen. I had no way of contesting that, I was just trying to hide my Ashra while having them in solid position to defend Q9 should he be caught. Round 3, already facing a pretty significant deficit in squad figures, I made an aggressive poker read, assuming that VITM's OM2 was on the Riflemen since he had 2 OMs on them and his first had been on the Knights, so I stepped Q9 up into a semi-dangerous spot where Knights could catch him to Queglix down one of the Riflemen. It paid off, and the Riflemen were crippled to under 2 members. I retreated Q9 to a corner of the board, putting him in a spot where the Ashra could smack Knights from height if they were to push to catch Q9. With the Riflemen activiation limited, I needed to try to channel the Knights in a spot where I could make a dent in their numbers before they had time to mass forces. Unfortunately VITM used Zawit well to keep pressure on me from so many angles, and there were a lot of Knights on me. The Knights threw 3v7s into Q9 with okay results, getting two wounds on Q9, but I started to get hot on attacks and mow through Knights. The non-Q9 attacking Knights did solid though, and I was brought to critically low numbers of Ashra.

We were down to 2 life Q9 and 3 Ashra vs. Gilbert, 5 Knights, and 2 Riflemen. I put OM1 and OM2 on the Ashra, OM3 Q9. Won the massive initiative and sent the Ashra in. I killed the only Knight next to Q9, tied down two Knights with a single Ashra over by Wannok, and sent another Ashra up the middle of the board and killed another Knight that was sleeping in the middle. All my Ashra blocked the next turn, and they hit back to push the Knights down to only a single member. I spent OM3 and OM1 of the following round unloading Queglix into Gilbert, and then Vydar was down to just the Riflemen. Their first volley on to Q9 failed, and I made maybe incorrect decision to send my first Queglix volley into only 1 Riflemen and the last Knight from even ground, rather than both Riflemen from low ground (no LOS to second Rifleman). I got the kills, but the last Rifleman evaded me behind a wall. I sent 2-life Q9 to Wannok for the win, just needing a 4v7 hold, but the Soulborg cracked to a huge 4 skull roll. I lost the next initiative and the last Rifleman slipped away, easily clearing my two Ashra with ranged attacks.

Really fun game and season. I liked how Delta lets you play these huge scale Cheese style grindy games but with less Raelin-based armies, and with different figures in the top tier.
Old May 21st, 2021, 01:35 PM

The semifinals are on Zephyr.

The boromir96 (4-0) v. s1r_art0r1us (4-1) armies are:
* Marro Hive, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Re-Tak-Shi, Marro Drudgex5
Rally under the banner
* Hatamoto Taro, Kozuke Samurai, Tagawa Samurai Archersx6
boromir96 chooses who places first.

The chris perkins (4-0) v. vydar is the man (4-1) armies are:
Big Blue & the Spiders Too
* Marro Warriors, Quahon, Fyorlag Spidersx5
Costly Cavaliers
chris perkins chooses who places first.
Old May 21st, 2021, 01:37 PM

Interestingly enough, our semifinalists are an even split between cheese builds paying the cheese tax, and discount bin builds.

Chris Perkins v. VitM looks like a regular bring 1 contest... only it's from a 445 point event.

Boromir's army isn't pure discount bin as he's paying a steep Raelin tax, but still, it's a 570 point classic army. SirA's army would run a cool 620 points in classic.
Old May 24th, 2021, 12:20 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
The chris perkins (4-0) v. vydar is the man (4-1) armies are:
Big Blue & the Spiders Too
* Marro Warriors, Quahon, Fyorlag Spidersx5
Costly Cavaliers
chris perkins chooses who places first.
Playing today @ 5 pm EST
Old May 24th, 2021, 08:02 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: OHS S41 Delta Duels - SF Until 5/28

I got the win over Vydar is the Man in a game that started with lots of quick casualties and then stretched over a long end-game of careful placement.

Round 1:
Vydar slow rolled knights up to the row of jungle bonus spaces while I brought Quahon & 2 squads of spiders forward. Quahon killed 2 Knights across 5 SAs and I took Wannok (Vydar took a 3rd knight off).

Round 2:
I won init and played very aggressively, moving Quahon forward on the top height, where she hit a 3/4 to kill 3 more knights. I then ran spiders into Vydar's knights to tie them up, and a spider killed another knight. Vydar then took a lot of LEAs to get knights adjacent to Quahon (I rolled 1/4 skulls on those LEAs) and 2 knights made it to Quahon, putting 3 wounds on her. I then left Quahon engaged with both knights, but she missed her SA with 1/4 that killed no knights. Spiders kept tying down knights where I could. Vydar put 1 more wound on Quahon on the next OM and she had 3 life left. Quahon then hit another 3/4 SA to kill 3 more forward knights and I sent spiders back into Vydar's SZ to harass the Riflemen (conceding that Quahon was dead effectively). Vydar then killed Quahon to end the round.

Remaining figures:
Me: 13 Spiders, MWs
Vydar: Gilbert (1 wound), 3 Riflemen, 3 Knights

The next few round involved Spiders & Riflemen carefully moving around the board, trying to gain an advantage. The end result was getting Gilbert down to 2 life, killing the remaining Knights, and killing 1 Rifleman. This set up this endgame:

MWs, 1 Spider v. 2 life Gilbert, 2 Riflemen.

Vyder sent 1 Rifleman to wannok and the other north, where it killed a MW from height. I sent 2 MWs north (they killed the rifleman) and one south to exchange fire with the wannok one. Both missed each other once or twice, but I was able to swing the remaining 2 MWs around the north to gain height, where they killed both Gilbert & the last rifleman to end the game. I won with 3 MWs & 1 spider.

gg Vydar, it was a fun one, especially the mid/late game positioning battle

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events