Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old July 28th, 2020, 06:41 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Roses View Post
I would like a CV3/SoV member to take a look at my custom and tell me what they think, and if it is worth adding somewhere or maybe give me some critique. I have been doing this for fun within my own collection, but I thought I'd take a chance and reach out.

Thanks for the quick reply!
For that, you want to post in this thread.

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 28th, 2020, 06:46 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Yes, welcome! Send me a message if you need any help, or join our discord for live chat. The link is in my signature.
Old July 28th, 2020, 06:48 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Roses View Post
I would like a CV3/SoV member to take a look at my custom and tell me what they think, and if it is worth adding somewhere or maybe give me some critique. I have been doing this for fun within my own collection, but I thought I'd take a chance and reach out.

Thanks for the quick reply!
For that, you want to post in this thread.

Welcome!
I don't recommend starting there. That thread is for final refinement. You should first create your own customs thread in the Customs forum and solicit feedback. The best way to get feedback on your own units is to give feedback to others. I wrote a Codex article on this subject that I recommend you read.

If you're designing for SoV approval, I have written numerous Codex articles to assist you in custom creation, including one I specifically wrote for Designing for SoV Approval.
Old July 30th, 2020, 12:49 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

If Kon-Tar-Na moves from a height 1 space to an adjacent height 5 space can he still use leaping assault i.e. has he moved one 'space' or 4 in that scenario?
Old July 30th, 2020, 01:03 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
If Kon-Tar-Na moves from a height 1 space to an adjacent height 5 space can he still use leaping assault i.e. has he moved one 'space' or 4 in that scenario?
That's one space of movement, regardless of the amount of Move "points" it uses up.
Old July 30th, 2020, 01:32 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
That's one space of movement, regardless of the amount of Move "points" it uses up.
.... Really? That seems odd considering the "space" designations in other powers like Scatter or Vanish... Am I missing something? Maybe there should be a R&C on that is his book....

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old July 30th, 2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
.... Really? That seems odd considering the "space" designations in other powers like Scatter or Vanish... Am I missing something? Maybe there should be a R&C on that is his book....
Heroscape terminology is terribly unclear. "Space" in particular is used poorly. Compared Scatter (move 4 spaces) vs original Drake's Grapple Gun (move 1 space). "Move X spaces" really means gain X "movement points" and follows normal movement rules unless otherwise stated, while powers like Leaping Assault count the actual number of spaces used, not the number of "movement points" spent making the movement.
Old July 30th, 2020, 03:15 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Heroscape terminology is terribly unclear. "Space" in particular is used poorly. Compared Scatter (move 4 spaces) vs original Drake's Grapple Gun (move 1 space). "Move X spaces" really means gain X "movement points" and follows normal movement rules unless otherwise stated, while powers like Leaping Assault count the actual number of spaces used, not the number of "movement points" spent making the movement.
That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old October 20th, 2020, 04:51 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Is there a master list of preferred base sizes for each figure? I did a cursory search through this thread and found the answer to be "no" but that post was years ago. If there isn't a list, I volunteer to make and maintain the resource for other new players.

I assume most single hex figures are meant to be on Standard size not D2, D3 size bases. I know there are plenty that want the DW9K size base, like the Varks and Incendiborgs. Is there a preference from the design team between DW9K bases and Moltenclaw bases? Is there any figure that requires the Moltenclaw base over the DW9K? Personally, I think the Shadow Hound fits that category. Same goes for Large and small Peanut bases. I feel like Avernus (the only double space figure I've bought so far) prefers the large.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; November 13th, 2020 at 03:45 PM.
Old October 20th, 2020, 05:25 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
Is there a master list of preferred base sizes for each figure? I did a cursory search through this thread and found the answer to be "no" but that post was years ago. If there isn't a list, I volunteer to make and maintain the resource for other new players.

I assume most single hex figures are meant to be on Standard size not D2, D3 size bases. I know there are plenty that want the DW9K size base, like the Varks and Incendiborgs. Is there a preference from the design team between DW9K bases and Moltenclaw bases? Is there any figure that requires the Moltenclaw base over the DW9K? Personally, I think the Shadow Hound fits that category. Same goes for Large and small Peanut bases. I feel like Avernus (the only double space figure I've bought so far) prefers the large.
Most double-spaced figures should be on a narrow peanut; there's only a handful of exceptions that come to mind (Hrognak, Quahon, Mok, Bramcephys... that's it maybe?)

Single-spaced large/huge figures should generally be on the D3 large bases. A DW9k base is also fine. We don't generally draw any distinction between the two since the width at the bottom between a DW9k base and a Moltenclaw base only differs by about a millimeter. As a practical matter, I leave things like Varks on their original bases, which have the same width at the bottom as D3 bases (they are slightly beveled at the top but not as much as the DW9k base).

As far as medium figures go, I don't believe we've ever required the use of one base or the other. My basic opinion on this is that if the figure comes with a D2/D3 style base, it does not need to be rebased and that size is official. However, if it comes with a base size that doesn't normally appear in Heroscape (e.g. a Heroclix base) then the more correct basing would be onto a classic beveled Heroscape bases.
Old October 20th, 2020, 07:09 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the info Dok!

Even though mostly every figure can be figured out with those rules, I'm still going to make a list with the specifics. At least for my own sake. I'll link it here when I'm done, incase anyone else wants to see a big list.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; November 13th, 2020 at 03:45 PM.
Old October 20th, 2020, 07:34 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Marutuk probably wants the big peanut too. She’s tippy.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs