Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 15th, 2009, 11:29 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Spartacus

What happens to Gladiator Inspiration when Dünd becomes involved? If he takes out an order marker on a gladiator, are the requirements for Gladiator Inspiration still met? It says all order markes must be PLACED on Gladiator cards, so I might say that it still works. However, it says that one of the markers must be on Spartacus. So if Dünd takes out Spartacus' order marker, does Gladiator Inspiration still work?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 15th, 2009, 01:35 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I believe we came to the conclusion somewhere that Spartacus' Gladiator Inspiration "activates" at the beginning of the round; that is, if all your order markers are "placed" on gladiators/at least one on Spartacus before rolling initiative, then your team will be inspired for that whole round. Poor, poor Dund. (Now if someone could find that discussion and back me up...or prove me wrong...)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 15th, 2009, 02:32 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I believe we came to the conclusion somewhere that Spartacus' Gladiator Inspiration "activates" at the beginning of the round; that is, if all your order markers are "placed" on gladiators/at least one on Spartacus before rolling initiative, then your team will be inspired for that whole round. Poor, poor Dund. (Now if someone could find that discussion and back me up...or prove me wrong...)
Found it. That was in the strategy guide for Dünd. Thank you Necro!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:50 PM
has been BANNED

JohnnyShotgunSullivan is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roufus View Post
Would a squad of common gladiators really justify 200 freaking points? In a normal game that's almost half your bloody army right there in one man.
I think it might, or perhaps a unique squad of gladiators, but at this point he could be the absolute worst value in the game. Actually, strike that the second worst value. Kato Katsuro is the same price and doesn't have the offensive prowess of Spartacus, even though he controls a few wack squads of samurai fodder. To me, at this point, Spartacus is virtually unplayable. The only time he gets used in my home games is if we create massive predetermined armies for the sake of playing guys like Spartacus who would otherwise never be drafted. And it goes without saying (too late) that no sane person would ever bring him into a tournament setting for anything but a laugh.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:54 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

I have a question. If Spartacus is destroyed and you place the x marker on his card, do you get his bonus? No where in the power does it state whether he has to be alive. This question comes from some logic, as wouldnt a force want to work extra hard to avenge the death of their leader, thus having him still inspire them?
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:55 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
I have a question. If Spartacus is destroyed and you place the x marker on his card, do you get his bonus? No where in the power does it state whether he has to be alive. This question comes from some logic, as wouldnt a force want to work extra hard to avenge the death of their leader, thus having him still inspire them?
The way I read it, as long as he is alive at the start of the round, all Glads are inspired for the remainder of the round, regardless of his livelihood.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:10 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
The way I read it, as long as he is alive at the start of the round, all Glads are inspired for the remainder of the round, regardless of his livelihood.
Ah! so the X does count as an OM.

Thanks, I've been wondering that for ages ^^
Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:47 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Ah! so the X does count as an OM.

Thanks, I've been wondering that for ages ^^
It counts as an Order Marker on an army card for Sparticus (Or Shiori), but it does not count as an Order Marker "revealed", as in the case of The Hive.

Old June 3rd, 2009, 11:23 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Guys, it seems to me Creationist was also asking whether or not you could keep using Spartacus' ability on rounds after he was destroyed, and the answer is no. Units can't use abilities after they're destroyed, unless the card specifically states otherwise, like with the Viking Spirits or Thanos.

Incidentally, with the release of the new gladiator squad it'll be nice to see Spartacus' ranking go from his current F to at least a C.
Old June 4th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

I could never understand the "F" rating anyway. Sure if you tried to use him alone, he wasn't worth the 200 pts, but in a 400 pt army with the other two gladiator heros, they always held their own. Now with the gladiator squad with bonding -- well I can't wait to play them. Of course, it will now have to be 520 pt armies.
Old June 10th, 2009, 10:16 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

If Spartacus is killed off after an order marker is placed on him, the remaining Gladiators still remain inspired for the rest of the round, correct? Just wanted to make sure.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old June 10th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

^Yee-up!

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units