Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

Old October 26th, 2014, 11:19 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!
Rules ?

I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but it probably must have come up. What is the ruling when you have 2 special powers on 2 different cards that conflict. For example: a card that says "movement may never be stopped" and another card that has a hold or cyberclaw special power. Are there any cases like this with the offical cards? I think my question concerns more custom cards. Has this ever come up on CG3 cards?
Old October 27th, 2014, 01:25 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Rules ?

On my customs, I use the language "X power supersedes all such powers," but as time goes on I'm starting to think that wording is unnecessary. The power that says movement is never prevented probably wins out over the power that prevents movement, given a common sense reading of the powers.
Old October 27th, 2014, 02:28 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yea I've wondered the same thing. I'm pretty sure the C3G customs are generally created to be played in superscape only, and not to be mixed with classic (but really, who doesn't mix the two?)

The one problem I would think of is Juggernaut (sp?) with his move ability that (I believe) says "can never be stopped while moving," but then you'd have to look at something like gladiatrons with cyberclaw which says something like "cyberclawed figures may never be moved by any power on any card." Me, personally, I would allow Juggernaut to do whatever the heck he wants, because he's the Juggernaut. I'd say if a classic scape power conflicts with a superhero power, superhero wins, because they are supposed to be beast mode anyway.

Maybe house rule that kind of stuff, since you may not find an easy answer here. I don't know if/where the answer can be found.
Old October 27th, 2014, 02:47 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
The one problem I would think of is Juggernaut (sp?) with his move ability that (I believe) says "can never be stopped while moving," but then you'd have to look at something like gladiatrons with cyberclaw which says something like "cyberclawed figures may never be moved by any power on any card."
Ah yes - thanks for reminding me why I used the "supersede" language on my cards.
Old October 28th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Yea I've wondered the same thing. I'm pretty sure the C3G customs are generally created to be played in superscape only, and not to be mixed with classic (but really, who doesn't mix the two?)

The one problem I would think of is Juggernaut (sp?) with his move ability that (I believe) says "can never be stopped while moving," but then you'd have to look at something like gladiatrons with cyberclaw which says something like "cyberclawed figures may never be moved by any power on any card." Me, personally, I would allow Juggernaut to do whatever the heck he wants, because he's the Juggernaut. I'd say if a classic scape power conflicts with a superhero power, superhero wins, because they are supposed to be beast mode anyway.

Maybe house rule that kind of stuff, since you may not find an easy answer here. I don't know if/where the answer can be found.
Your way is clearly wrong. Roll a 20 sided.

I am also assuming that we are talking about Major X17 since Juggernaut is large and therefore immune to Cyberclaw in the first place.

I would say that Juggernaut supersedes Major X17 because only the second half of Major X17's power has the superseding language. Additionally, Juggernaut's power applies after Major X17's. Its simply a one up competition:

Player 1: I move Juggernaut here.
Player 2: Improved Cyber Claw says no.
Player 1: Unstoppable Force says yes.
Player 2: Melee Defense 4 says uh um...

Player 1 wins.
Old October 31st, 2014, 10:30 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I personally would've ruled that if it specifically says cannot be moved by powers on other cards (& it applies to the figure i.e. not a large figure) then it trumps just a statement that says it cannot be stopped.
Old October 31st, 2014, 10:41 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
The power that says movement is never prevented probably wins out over the power that prevents movement, given a common sense reading of the powers.
This was the way I always thought about it, but I am sure there are many views on it.
Old November 1st, 2014, 12:38 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

You could always indicate in the Juggernaut's power that while moving he is considered huge, which would bypass all flavors of cyberclaw.
Old January 31st, 2015, 09:29 PM

The official rules say if any powers are simultaneous, roll a 20-sided die to decide. I never realized such a rule existed.
Old February 7th, 2016, 05:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I believe the official rules also say that if there is a rules dispute that cannot be settled, settle it by rolling the 20-sided die.

But, yeah, that's why there's no Improved Cyberclaw in C3G.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 8th, 2016, 08:14 PM

There are no CG3 figures that stop figures from moving? I never realized that!
Old February 8th, 2016, 08:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
There are no CG3 figures that stop figures from moving? I never realized that!
No. There are no C3G figures that stop large or huge figures from moving.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's