Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old December 6th, 2008, 05:04 PM

ADunze Woo who?
Re: My Custom Marvelscape Map---Updated

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

ADunsmore
Old December 6th, 2008, 05:08 PM

ADunze Woo who?

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

ADunsmore
Old December 6th, 2008, 10:56 PM

jodokast is surprisingly tart

Nice custom terrain! I loved the movie posters!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!
Old December 7th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played my first game: An early version of the Avengers (Cap, SW, Hawk, QS, and Giant Man) against Dr. Doom, a Doombot, and some soulbourgs.

The objective involved the Avengers needing to get to the roof to get a glyph.

The two Dooms went out to meet the Avengers (who started in the park) right in the middle of the map on the street and/or in the park.

Giant Man picked up a car and warded off some ranged attacks from Doom, before eventually bashing him out of commission as he stood on the pickup truck.

Hakweye and Quicksilver took out the other Doom due to their multiple attacks.

The Deathwalker wound up doing some damage coming into the fray late while the Zettian Guards took out Hawkeye and Quicksilver from their perch on the warehouse roof (where the glyph was), though Hawkeye also eliminated one with a shot from the road.

Cap quietly worked his way around the broken down warehouse and got up the stairs to finish the battle.

In general, it wasn't a very fair battle, as the villians were a bit under-pointed.

As to how the map played, I thought it really worked to the advantage of the melee figures, as there is a lot of cover for them to work with. Any superstrengthed figure can pick up some of the objects and use it as a shield to approach the opposition.

I think I may add some battlements to the top of the warehouse to add some cover for the villains on the top. Hawkeye, with his 9 range, could just sit back across the streets and take free shots.

For my second game, I need to come up with a scenario that takes place more in the warehouse section of the map.

All in all though, it really seemed like a Marvel Clash, especially Doom against Giant Man where they were on vehicles, and wielding cars.

For my next battle, I will use more superstrength figures to get more objects in play.
Old December 7th, 2008, 06:37 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Badger...that map looks kickass. Your custom stuff are awesome.

Old December 7th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks, but all the credit goes to the folks on this site. The custom cards I have made are very easy with the templates supplied by others. Some of the stuff is from PeterParkah's set. I got a few $3 cars at Walmart, as suggested by someone on here. The miscellaneous things are from train set accessories, suggested by someone on here. The streets and barrels and soda machines and so forth were downloaded from links provided on this site.

Bottom line is that I have used other's advice. It is very easy.
Old December 8th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Theme Nerd

In the second battle, I pitted the Avengers (Warbird, Vision, Cap, Wonderman, Panther, and Witch) against the Masters of Evil (Ultron, Klaw, Zemo, Absorbing Man, Executioner, and Whirlwind) and what a bloodbath.

Each side started on opposite ends of the street. The villains pressed the attack and met right by the mailbox. Absorbing Man took a swing at Cap, Wondy, and Vision with the clock, nearly killing Cap and doing some damage to the Vision as well. Wondy had picked up a soda machine and blocked everything.

Meanwhile, Whirlwind overcommitted and was smoked by what was left of the soda machine.

Executioner picked up the phone booth and threw it at Warbird, but missed before she took him out with two massive blows.

Ultron was the ace in the hole for the villains, but got caught between Warbird and Wonderman in the ruined warehouse. Wonderman had picked up the ambulance and bashed him to death while Warbird took a couple of shots as well. Ultron had no chance.

AFter that, Klaw and Zemo lasted about one turn each (as both are wimpy).

The action on the map was tremendous...another classic Marvel fight.

However, Wonderman and Warbird managed to take out the entire group, indicating that both are probably too strong and/or the villains were too weak, so it is back to the drawing board trying to find an even battle.

With the object rules and this board, grabbing an object to carry early in the game is vitally important. Unlike my first game which was range based, this one was almost all melee by superstrength figures and it worked well.
Old December 28th, 2008, 07:13 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great maps +rep

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old December 29th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Theme Nerd

My newest map

Here is my next custom Marvel map. I haven't played it yet (note no heroes in my pics which I probably should have done).

Anyway, I went with an intersection approach as my main road feature. Part of the road is blocked off with road blocks, while the other side used elements from PeterParkah's Scapecity bridge. I have a park with a little pond in one corner (I may use that as the source of a sea invasion with Attuma, Namor, etc.). Along the main street, I have some buildings, which along with the trees and dumpster should provide a lot of cover. There is a wall that separates the buildings from the near corner of the map, which is a rock pile/base of a mountain from which trouble may come.

Anyway, here are the pics:

Old March 20th, 2010, 04:51 PM

Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker
Re: Updated-New Map on page 2 (12-29)

i have a four player match coming up tommorrow, and I'm definatly going to make something similar to this.. it's really awsome, just would have loved to have some cars as well..
Old January 11th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Theme Nerd

Re: Updated-New Map on page 2 (12-29)

Here is an idea I have been playing around with for a while. Here is a map showing the Negative Zone, as seen in a number of FF mags where there was essentially a portal from Reed Richards' lab straight into the negative zone.

The idea of course was to use shadow tiles to represent "dead" space, with the rock formations from the D&D set and the regular rock tiles to portray the "asteroid" thingies that the inhabitants live (and fight) on.

It isn't well planned out but rather thrown together to show the general idea if someone wants to hash out the details a bit more.

The house rule I am using is that flying characters can move freely in the negative zone, but the shadow tiles are treated like water for the non-flying figs (must stop after one tile of movement), as they are basically floating through the NZ. The other rule I am playing around with is that a character can only move in a straight line and must move exactly 1 space each turn unless engaged (ie. someone stops their movement).

Obviously, it is a huge edge for flyers (as the Negative Zone should be) but it adds a fun element if you use some figures that can carry or transport others.

Anyway, here are some quick low quality pics taken with my phone to give you an idea of what I have in mind.

(The object in the lab is my custom containment pod, which I have details of around somewhere if you want to search.)

Old January 11th, 2012, 03:02 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Updated...Negative Zone

Awesome stuff here!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios