Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old May 26th, 2020, 06:42 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 0] HONORED SOUL-GUIDES (Lantern Geists) - Editing

Sounds like a Scytale question?
Old May 27th, 2020, 12:41 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Sounds like a Scytale question?
Agreed. @Scytale , this may be kind of an awkward ask, but do you know how spirit powers and revive powers interact officially? If there is no official ruling, do you know how VC might rule it, or who else would be best to ask?
Old May 27th, 2020, 12:42 AM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I asked quozl in the discord and he said that the stats do actually come from the figure being placed.
Old May 27th, 2020, 05:32 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I asked quozl in the discord and he said that the stats do actually come from the figure being placed.
@quozl

Care to tell us how you know? FAQ, rules team, etc? It will be a good thing to put this information in relevant areas of the forums.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 27th, 2020, 09:25 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I disagree with that.

I don't know how we would rule it in VC; as you can see, we already don't agree. We would discuss the options and try to decide on the better ruling given the wording, existing interactions, and potential future interactions.
Old June 1st, 2020, 02:51 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

We definitely need to determine the interaction between revival and Spirit Powers for any kind of revival draft for these guys. I've asked the question over in Finn the Viking Champion's thread to see if anyone else happens to know; I can't seem to find an official ruling on how Sturla and spirits interact for the life of me.

It's worth noting that the spirit powers specifically refer to something along the lines of "Manauvi's Spirit" rather than the actual power name "Warrior's Charging Spirit." Would it be reasonable to rule that the <Name>'s Spirit is literally referring to the figure on the card, not the power itself? If so, then removing the figure from the card is also removing the spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
LAST WILL
At the start of any round, before placing Order Markers, you may choose one of your previously destroyed small or medium Unique Heroes. Place or remove wounds from that Hero's Army Card so that it has 1 Life remaining and replace an Honored Soul-Guide that you control with the chosen hero. At the end of the round, negate that Hero's powers for the entire game, then and destroy that Unique Hero.

That's a workable solution and absolutely should be tested before any more drastic changes. My apologies for skipping to the alternative, and I'll refrain from commenting on it until it comes to making that change if it's necessary. So, for now, what do we think about the negation fix to the current version?
I'm actually good with this approach, since even if Viking Spirits aren't intended to stack, being able to reapply Velkhor mid-battle sounds like a subtle synergy that could ultimately be frustrating. I made a minor change to try and make it clearer that the negation happens even if the figure has already been destroyed.

As a minor point that I also like, it discourages Azazel revival spam, since once you revive him this way, he can't use Rejected by Death anymore.
Old June 5th, 2020, 05:22 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I'm good with this. Though I wouldn't mind not negating figures as much if the spirits didn't affect multiple figures - and the reference to "Finn's Spirit" is a good argument for that. That would mean you could still pull Finn off another dead figure and move him to someone else still living, without ever having to worry about adding Attack to two living cards at once. That said, negation still seems like the best way to nip all the issues in the bud.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 5th, 2020, 05:56 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I’d really want to try to keep the wording as simple as possible here, but I agree that we need a ruling about the vikings and such. Its possible that the C3V is already debating this, because they made the Varks.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 5th, 2020, 06:12 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I'd rather we have a unified ruling, regardless of which way we go here.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 9th, 2020, 08:37 PM

We waiting for a rules team deliberation?
Old June 14th, 2020, 02:05 PM

We'll need a ruling one way or the other before playtesting. Is this being discussed somewhere currently?

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 17th, 2020, 03:48 PM

@Scytale sorry for the ping, but you're our rules team contact. Is there a way we can get a ruling, or?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs