Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 8th, 2010, 05:24 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Mole Man - Brainstorming Phase

I agree also, I am loving his direction.
Old July 10th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

The Book of Mole Man

C3G MARVEL RELEASE SET

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Critical Mass set. Its model number and name is #'s 49, 50 and 51/Mole Man.

Background:
(INSERT BACKGROUND PICTURE FOR THE MINIATURE)

Mole Man
Harvey Rupert Elder

Human
Unique Hero
Ruler
Genius
Medium 4

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = ???

SWARM DISTRACTION
If 2 or more Subterraneans are engaged with an opponent's figure and Mole Man attacks that figure this turn, that figure rolls 1 less defense die against Mole Man's attack for each Subterranean it is engaged with.

TUNNEL SURPRISE
Once per game, Mole Man may use Tunnel Surprise. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before moving normally with Mole Man, you may place him on any empty non-water space within 5 spaces and no more than 2 levels higher than Mole Man's height or 2 levels lower than Mole Man's base. After placing Mole Man, choose up to 4 Moloids you control that were adjacent to Mole Man prior to moving with Tunnel Surprise. Place the chosen Moloids adjacent to Mole Man. If Mole Man or the Moloids are engaged when they use Tunnel Surprise, they will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUBTERRANEAN SENSES
If Mole Man is attacked with a normal or special attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If Mole Man is on a dungeon space, add 3 to your die roll. If he is on a shadow space, add 6 to your die roll. If you roll 1-15, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 16 or higher, ignore all damage that would be inflicted by the attack.

Character Bio - (Insert character Bio)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

Synergy Benefits Received

Classic:
  • N/A
Marvel:
  • N/A
C3G:
  • N/A
Synergy Benefits Offered

Marvel:
  • N/A
Classic:
  • N/A
C3G:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • (Insert initial playtest here)
  • (Insert second playtest here)
  • (Insert third playtest here)

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; July 14th, 2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old July 10th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Front page updated.

Quote:
TUNNEL SURPRISE
Once per game, Mole Man may use Tunnel Surprise. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before moving normally with Mole Man, you may place him on any empty space within 5 spaces and no more than 2 levels higher or lower than his current position. Up to 4 Moloids you control that are adjacent to Mole Man before he uses Tunnel Surprise may be placed on adjacent same level spaces as Mole Man after he uses Tunnel Surprise. If Mole Man or the Moloids are engaged when they uses Tunnel Surprise, they will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
  • Since it is once per game, can we let Mole Man move first, and then use his power?
  • Since it is once per game, can we get rid of the higher or lower restrictions?
  • Since it is once per game, can we allow him to bring up to 6 Moloids with him? I don't imagine they are going to be very powerful (the common squad).
  • Since it is once per game, can we get rid of the higher or lower restrictions on the Moloids?
  • Can we change 'Moloids' to the species 'Subterranean'? That way Mole Man could possibly use this power with other future Subterraneans. I would love for us to eventually create all types of creatures for him to sync with.
Old July 10th, 2010, 08:02 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Front page updated.

Quote:
TUNNEL SURPRISE
Once per game, Mole Man may use Tunnel Surprise. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before moving normally with Mole Man, you may place him on any empty space within 5 spaces and no more than 2 levels higher or lower than his current position. Up to 4 Moloids you control that are adjacent to Mole Man before he uses Tunnel Surprise may be placed on adjacent same level spaces as Mole Man after he uses Tunnel Surprise. If Mole Man or the Moloids are engaged when they uses Tunnel Surprise, they will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
  • Since it is once per game, can we let Mole Man move first, and then use his power?
  • Since it is once per game, can we get rid of the higher or lower restrictions?
  • Since it is once per game, can we allow him to bring up to 6 Moloids with him? I don't imagine they are going to be very powerful (the common squad).
  • Since it is once per game, can we get rid of the higher or lower restrictions on the Moloids?
  • Can we change 'Moloids' to the species 'Subterranean'? That way Mole Man could possibly use this power with other future Subterraneans. I would love for us to eventually create all types of creatures for him to sync with.

Old July 10th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Front page updated.

Quote:
TUNNEL SURPRISE
I followed Fey Step, so it can be tweaked to our purposes.

I didn't know what's more beneficial or thematic for this, moving before or after Tunneling. I kind of envisioned him popping out from underground and then moving to attack with his minions. If he moves first, wouldn't it seem more Earth Elemental like for him move, then dive underground and pop up somewhere else in the same turn?

The only thing about removing any kind of higher/lower restrictions is that it becomes more like a teleporting power. Would it be thematic for him and his horde to pop up from ground level to the top of the central structure on Platform 5 and 6 map? That's a solid brick/concrete block or whatever structure that would seem odd for him to tunnel through. Same with a 30 level castle walkway. Would/should he be able to tunnel to the top of your Statue of Liberty map? I can see upping the higher/lower number a bit, but if others think it should go unlimited because it's a one time power, I guess it could work, but it would be more of a gameplay thing than thematic for me

Moloids could maybe not have to be same level after tunneling, as long as they are adjacent to Mole Man and their higher/lower would be whatever MM would be.

I could certainly see up to 6 Moloids or (Subterraneans) tunnel with MM.
So considering some Subterraneans could be Unique, Common or Uncommon Heroes, perhaps it should say "up to 6 Subterranean squad figures or 1 Subterranean hero figure."

I agree with Subterraneans being used instead of Moloids. That's kind of what I did for my NM24 Moleman as I wanted it left open for Moloids and Giganto or any other Subterraneans. This way, we can create any kind of monster and call it Subterranean and allow it to add to Mole Man's minions.

Old July 10th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Would Subterranean even fit?
Old July 10th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post

Actually, that's an important point GO. I think I had wanted to use Subterranean for Moloids and Giganto when I did them with Mole Man, but Felindar said that it wouldn't fit now that I recall.

At the time, I was working on Mole Man, Moloids and Giganto as a request from Felindar. So they ended up being kind of specific for his uses.

Here are the three cards together.

When I researched Mole Man's monsters like Giganto, they seemed to be considered Mutates. So maybe we can have "Moloids and Mutates" for Tunneling Surprise. Though that will add a lot of text to that. I don't know, we'll figure something out.

Last edited by Hahma; July 10th, 2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old July 10th, 2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:

Actually, that's an important point GO. I think I had wanted to use Subterranean for Moloids and Giganto when I did them with Mole Man, but Felindar said that it wouldn't fit now that I recall.

At the time, I was working on Mole Man, Moloids and Giganto as a request from Felindar. So they ended up being kind of specific for his uses.

When I researched Mole Man's monsters like Giganto, they seemed to be considered Mutates. So maybe we can have "Moloids and Mutates" for Tunneling Surprise. Though that will add a lot of text to that. I don't know, we'll figure something out.
Subterrnean fits perfectly fine & I didn't have to adjust the font variables at all, so it would read the same size as all other C3G cards & no change to the kerning, tracking or the width of characters.

Cheers
Old July 10th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I love this. I would play this guy and his Moloids. Should tunnel surprise allow him to pop up on water and other oddball spaces or should it be limited to land spaces? We used the term non-water for this purpose.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 10th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:

Subterrnean fits perfectly fine & I didn't have to adjust the font variables at all, so it would read the same size as all other C3G cards & no change to the kerning, tracking or the width of characters.

Cheers
Awesome A3n That helps a lot as it would be much better to call them Subterranean and leave open so many other possibilities for future units as well as save text space in Tunneling Surprise.

Old July 10th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I love this. I would play this guy and his Moloids. Should tunnel surprise allow him to pop up on water and other oddball spaces or should it be limited to land spaces? We used the term non-water for this purpose.
Personally, I think limiting it to non-water spaces is the way to go.
Old July 10th, 2010, 11:40 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Yeah, if you look at the Earth Elemental's power earlier in the thread I had posted, he can't tunnel onto water, either. Suggested changes:

TUNNEL SURPRISE
Once per game, Mole Man may use Tunnel Surprise. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before moving normally with Mole Man, you may place him on any empty non-water space within 5 spaces and no more than 2 levels higher than Mole Man's height or 2 levels lower than Mole Man's base. After placing Mole Man, choose up to 4 Moloids you control that were adjacent to Mole Man prior to moving with Tunnel Surprise. Place the chosen Moloids adjacent to Mole Man. If Mole Man or the Moloids are engaged when they use Tunnel Surprise, they will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library