Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old December 6th, 2017, 01:29 AM

Duljen Woo who?
Duljen and Friends Custom Campaign

This thread will be devoted to an ongoing project I am doing with myself and my friends (who I don't believe have heroscapers accounts). The idea of this project is that each of the people involved in the project will have their own unique army based on the idea of that person as a valkyrie. After creating the models and finalizing the army cards, a battle map will be produced, possibly using a game called Dawn of Worlds, alliances will be formed, and a campaign will occur. I'd like to have detailed descriptions of potential battle sites and build custom terrain based on the description given.

I would really appreciate any input on rules for customs, themes, aesthetics, and playtesting. I have a little experience making customs but I have no experience setting up a heroscape campaign. I'd like to have the campaign seem dynamic, like winning this battle gives you this benefit.

There will definitely be more available when I am at my main home and am able to start taking pictures of things.

Mercy is something the weak beg for and the strong lack.
Old December 6th, 2017, 01:40 AM

Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker
Re: Duljen and Friends Custom Campaign

This all sounds incredibly exciting. I've wanted/thought about doing something like that for ages but never got around to gathering enough people/putting the time and effort into it. I'll definitely be following this thread.
Old December 6th, 2017, 01:48 AM

Duljen Woo who?

I'm not sure how people in the campaign feel about me giving out their real names so I will use usernames they use in other games or other designations. Right now the pretty fleshed out factions are going to be Myself, with an army whose themes are not quite as narrow as I want including dwarves, sphinxes, blood magic, historical units, etc. with a focus on objective holding and combos, MeltingFire, with an army based around martial honor and undead, Tekhvash, who will be using an army of giant expensive monsters with a very low model count, and Boot, who will be using an army based around deception and stratagems which will include sentient crows and order marker manipulation. My girlfriend is probably going to be involved and will have a sort of naturey pacifistic army (her themes aren't fleshed out). It is not very clear to me how involved my Brother will actually be but he wanted an army based around "samurai werewolves" which will be based around hard hitting fast melee and spreading lycanthropy.

Old August 26th, 2018, 09:53 PM

Duljen Woo who?

Okay. I know it's been a long time since the first post, but I have been busy with college and other miniatures projects and for a while it seemed like the interest in my friend group for this project wasn't what it needed to be. I have made a significant amount of progress in making the minis for myself and others. (Only four of the people involved are making or painting minis, mostly myself). I don't have a decent camera, so all my pics are smart phone pics. Also, a little playtesting happened yesterday, so I think the group my finally be involved.

Old August 26th, 2018, 10:14 PM

Duljen Woo who?

Apparently, my pictures from my old phone did not all move to my google drive. I will ensure I get the pictures tomorrow. Here are the completed or WIP minis:

My army:
dwarves, manticore, beholder, chaos spawn (custom sculpted by me for warhammer 40k), 2 female kyrie, gargoyles, barksharks (weird thingiverse model), frogpeople, 1 dragon

Allies:
MeltingFire: several heroes

Van: 1 abomination sculpted by him using my molds

Neutral:
SoulFlower: 2 elves, unicorn, 2 spirits, dryads

Enemies:

Boot: 1 intelligent slime, crows, maybe also doing frogpeople

Tehkvash: 2 hydras, wurm, several armatures of other beasts

We have also decided the main focus of the conflict and campaign:
My faction wants to use the wellsprings to travel to other worlds. I still haven't figured out my themes very well, but I am probably going to be xenophilic, imperialistic, and interested in commerce.

The opposing faction believes that the wells should be closed or destroyed in order to stop Valhalla from meddling in the affairs of other worlds (Boot) or because they want to restore Valhalla to a state of constant warfare and hedonism (Tehkvash).

Soulflower is neutral at the moment.

Units with rough draft rules are: Tehkvash: 2 different hydras, Me: Gargoyles, Soulflower: Unicorn, spirits, elves, Boot: Intelligent slime.

Summarized themes for armies:
Me: We must preserve and expand civilization and order, xenophilic, possible use of necromancy, historically based minis and tactics, pragmatism. Motto: "Utcumque", Latin for "at all costs." Possibly a lot of units relating to Valhalla's lore (which I'm making up) such as gargoyles who watch over the ancient ruins of the kyrie's once great civilizations.
Meltingfire: Possible necromancy, honor, imperialism

Van: making abominations, necromancy, but the stitcher eg. Frankenstein variety

Boot: We must stop our interference in other worlds, I only recruit beings who consent, eg. no non-sentient beings.

Tehkvash: Huge scary monsters with large point values and little synergy, return Valhalla to state of warfare, survival of the fittest, hedonism. Think Jund in Magic the Gathering.

Soulflower: possible nature theme, altruism.

Last edited by Duljen; August 27th, 2018 at 06:10 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum