Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 9th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Flash_19's Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Did you look at this C3G army card, before this Ghost Squadron Flash Grenade power.
Thanks so much for posting that! I am not familiar with that card - or C3G cards in general. I'm thinking I should take some time to peruse through them though.

Thanks again!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old December 10th, 2018, 07:45 PM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That awkward moment when you realize that a custom you're designing is incredibly similar to a unit being designed by the C3V... particularly with one "new" power being essentially word for word the same.

Quote:

Sorry if anybody feels like I was stepping on toes... I sincerely didn't mean to. The other day I was just watching an episode of Designated Survivor, and thought it sounded cool to design a Special Ops type squad that had a Flash Bang Grenade Ability. Oh well...

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old December 10th, 2018, 07:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

No toes were stepped on, I assure you. It's not a bad mechanic, huh?
Old December 10th, 2018, 09:29 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

The Flash Grenade Special Attack is to subtract 2 shields, but the name itself is to obscure vision, also I do know how a Flash Grenade affect defense.
Old December 10th, 2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
No toes were stepped on, I assure you. It's not a bad mechanic, huh?
Oh good - glad to hear it. Lol - not a bad mechanic at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
The Flash Grenade Special Attack is to subtract 2 shields, but the name itself is to obscure vision, also I do know how a Flash Grenade affect defense.
Well, a Flash Grenade doesn't just obscure vision. It's intended to disorient an enemy in general. Maybe I've just been watching too many TV shows, but the way the power is worded seems appropriate for a Flash Grenade since they are portrayed as leaving enemies unable to successfully defend themselves while an opposing force moves in. That was how I saw it at least. Maybe there is another way to make it work though.

Old December 11th, 2018, 11:48 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Well, a Flash Grenade doesn't just obscure vision. It's intended to disorient an enemy in general. Maybe I've just been watching too many TV shows, but the way the power is worded seems appropriate for a Flash Grenade since they are portrayed as leaving enemies unable to successfully defend themselves while an opposing force moves in. That was how I saw it at least. Maybe there is another way to make it work though.
While I have never experienced a flash grenade outside of movies and TV, I would agree that a defense penalty is a fitting way to convey the effects of a flash grenade.

I am really liking this unit @Flash_19 !
Old December 21st, 2018, 10:12 PM

Something I've been tinkering with for a bit. I originally had Attack value at 3 and Move value at 6, which is definitely on the faster side, but also a little weaker. The weaker attack combined with the D-20 roll made me feel like the chances of taking a turn with a hero were a bit on the low side. I wish I could trim the text up, but it all seems kinda necessary. At least Stealth Flying is a well known ability...

Miniature
Spoiler Alert!

Old December 22nd, 2018, 11:30 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Here’s how I’d trim down Devouring Chains:

When a Bleakewraith you control wounds a unique hero that does not follow Utgar, you may place that Bleakewraith on that figure’s army card. After an Order Marker on that figure’s army card is revealed but before taking a turn, you may roll the 20 sided die. On a 1-7, you may take a turn with that figure instead. At the end of that turn, control returns to its previous owner.

This variant places remembering the roll on you, and also putting the ability at a specific point on the turn steps timeline. I removed the OM clause, mostly because it was never really neccesary except to be hyper clear. That level of clarity shouldn’t be meeded for this design.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 22nd, 2018, 11:45 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

The bleakewraith.
As it sits the bleakewraith would sacrifice itself to be on the opponents unique card for one attack turn. After it gets put on the opponents card and the turn is taken the bleakewraith no longer attacks the rest of the game. It just instead has a 32% chance or so to take control of the hero if it activates. What if all your figures are dead except for bleakewraiths on opponents cards? The ability sounds more like a possession of sorts. The name Devouring chains might sound a little better if it had something to do with possession. Like Unholy Possession or something. The only other thing that is a little funny is the miniature looks like a ghost with too much makeup on. Maybe your figure looks scarier than the stock photo though. Overall I like the ideas on the card.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 22nd, 2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Here’s how I’d trim down Devouring Chains:

When a Bleakewraith you control wounds a unique hero that does not follow Utgar, you may place that Bleakewraith on that figure’s army card. After an Order Marker on that figure’s army card is revealed but before taking a turn, you may roll the 20 sided die. On a 1-7, you may take a turn with that figure instead. At the end of that turn, control returns to its previous owner.

This variant places remembering the roll on you, and also putting the ability at a specific point on the turn steps timeline. I removed the OM clause, mostly because it was never really neccesary except to be hyper clear. That level of clarity shouldn’t be meeded for this design.
Flameslayer, that's brilliant and I like it. Thanks so much for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
The bleakewraith.
As it sits the bleakewraith would sacrifice itself to be on the opponents unique card for one attack turn. After it gets put on the opponents card and the turn is taken the bleakewraith no longer attacks the rest of the game. It just instead has a 32% chance or so to take control of the hero if it activates. What if all your figures are dead except for bleakewraiths on opponents cards? The ability sounds more like a possession of sorts. The name Devouring chains might sound a little better if it had something to do with possession. Like Unholy Possession or something. The only other thing that is a little funny is the miniature looks like a ghost with too much makeup on. Maybe your figure looks scarier than the stock photo though. Overall I like the ideas on the card.
I imagine a Bleakewraith playing like the Marro Gnids' Cling ability - when they are put on another Army Card, they are left there the rest of the game - so they are not technically in play anymore.

Yeah - I'll definitely think more about the name of that special. Those are some good suggestions. And yes, I totally agree that the mini doesn't look the greatest - but for now, that was what I had. So we'll see if I can find something better. I've got a whole bunch of cheap heroclix minis so that's usually what I use. Thanks for your feedback my friend.

Old March 16th, 2019, 05:45 PM

Been awhile since I've posted here! I've been tinkering with this design for a bit now - it's pretty straightforward. I've got a handful of others that I'll get around to posting some time...

Old March 16th, 2019, 07:08 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Cool custom. He's very similar to the Nhah Scrih of course, but that's not a bad thing.

I think you should rename Dragonkind Enmity to "Dragonkind Enmity 2" or something similar, since the Nhah Scrih's version of that power only adds one die.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards